Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Too Human demo up on XBL
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 45
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Too Human demo up on XBL - Jul 14, 2008 20:40
...apparently.

EDIT: So i' m told that it' s actually pretty awful. I can' t check myself as i don' t have my 360 with me and i' m not home until next weekend... so i' m going to have to go off what you guys tell me. Non-bullshit impressions please, ...and 2pac... it' s time to remove those rose-tinted spectacles. The game has to speak for itself.

To clarify, i' m told that:

* the framerate is awful
* the controls and camera angles are annoying
* the engine is really unoptimized
* combat is boring and repetative
* the skill tree is nowhere near as deep as it should be for a game that wants to ape Diablo (i' ll wait for the retail version vefore i criticise that)
* the cutscenes are disturbingly bad, especially the dialogue
* Knights have tried to hard to make the characters " cool"
* the enemy design is pathetic
* the levels feel lifeless

Now, i could probably get my hands on the demo this week if i really wanted too, ...but if it' s as awful as it sounds i won' t bother as i have a lot to do.
< Message edited by nitro -- 14 Jul 08 12:58:25 >
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Too Human demo up on XBL - Jul 14, 2008 22:42
I am going to have to wait until after work to download the demo. Will post my impressions as soon as I run through it.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Too Human demo up on XBL - Jul 14, 2008 23:29
I just played through the demo as a Champion.

*framerate is fine
*controls are pretty good, camera can get annoying like practically every third person game, but it isn' t bad at all
*engine seems fine to me graphics weren' t amazing but they weren' t bad either
*combat was pretty fun, it was only the demo though so I can' t really say if it gets repetetive or not
*skill tree idk, barely progressed on it, but it seemed kinda cool. You get to pick which specific skill you want to upgrade, upping certain ones unlocks others
*cutscenes were okay, dialogue I didn' t like too much, the characters are supposed to be acting pompous (at least the champion is). most of the voice acting is okay or good, some of it isn' t too great.
*enemy design seems okay to me nothing amazing though
*levels aren' t amazing, but it' s just the ones that came in the demo, they suite the gameplay though.

I would say the people telling you that are being way, way too critical. From the demo it seems an okay game. Of course I didn' t jump on the hype train like it seems so many people were for this game early on. I really never bothered to read about it or watch trailers and stuff like that. I just saw the demo was on live and played it.
I could see this being a lot of fun co-op. It reminds me of Phantasy Star Online (especially the robot levels), but a lot more actiony. The level design is very similiar.
I' ll probably play through the other classes later. I could see myself getting this game, but I haven' t made up my mind yet. I would say so far my impression is it is a 7 or 8 out of 10 game.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Too Human demo up on XBL - Jul 15, 2008 00:06
I' ll download i now and give it a shot. Since I didn' t get into the Microsoft press conference and am still trying to get into the EA one this afternoon (why? I have no idea...) I have a fairly uneventful day aside from picking up my press badge.
Nitro

RE: Too Human demo up on XBL - Jul 15, 2008 00:26

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

...still trying to get into the EA one this afternoon (why? I have no idea...)

Dead Space & Mercenaries 2
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Too Human demo up on XBL - Jul 15, 2008 00:52

Mercenaries 2
Rampage99

RE: Too Human demo up on XBL - Jul 15, 2008 01:05

ORIGINAL: Nitro

...still trying to get into the EA one this afternoon (why? I have no idea...)

Dead Space & Mercenaries 2

Your point? After seeing Mercinaries 2 I have no interest in it. Dead Space has my attention but again, it' s EA. I had hopes Bad Company was going to change my opinion on them but it seems I have to wait still.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Too Human demo up on XBL - Jul 15, 2008 03:02
I' m downloading now. Full, as non-biased as possible impressions later this evening (EST).
Nitro

RE: Too Human demo up on XBL - Jul 15, 2008 03:18

Your point? After seeing Mercinaries 2 I have no interest in it.

No interest in Mercenaries 2?

Didn' t you like the original?

As for EA, they still have a strong lineup:

Fight Night Round 4
Facebreaker
Dead Space
The Godfather II
Left 4 Dead
The Lord of the Rings: Conquest
Mercenaries 2: World in Flames
Mirror' s Edge
Skate. 2
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

Did you play the first Skate.? Or The Godfather?

Personally i think Capcom has the strongest lineup, but Microsoft' s conference should be sweet. Shame you couldn' t get in.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Too Human demo up on XBL - Jul 15, 2008 04:56

ORIGINAL: Nitro

To clarify, i' m told that:

* the framerate is awful
* the controls and camera angles are annoying
* the engine is really unoptimized
* combat is boring and repetative
* the skill tree is nowhere near as deep as it should be for a game that wants to ape Diablo (i' ll wait for the retail version vefore i criticise that)
* the cutscenes are disturbingly bad, especially the dialogue
* Knights have tried to hard to make the characters " cool"
* the enemy design is pathetic
* the levels feel lifeless

I dont know which build the guy who told you this was playing . The framerate was solid throughout the demo . Not once did the framerate ever drag . You need to get used to the controls and camera but they are fine . A little control over the camera would have been nice but its not a big issue . I loved the combat . Skill tree is deep enough . Cut scenes are fine , dialog/voice acting isnt as bad as i thought it would be . The levels are huge and gorgeous .

I loved the demo . I am all hyped up for the game . The loots are awesome too .

locopuyo

RE: Too Human demo up on XBL - Jul 15, 2008 06:39
Yeah so I went to go play the demo again and I guess the other classes are locked. It seems like a pretty cool game, I' ll have to read some reviews and stuff to determine if I end up buying it though.
Nitro

RE: Too Human demo up on XBL - Jul 15, 2008 06:52

ORIGINAL: 2pac

I dont know which build the guy who told you this was playing . The framerate was solid throughout the demo . Not once did the framerate ever drag . You need to get used to the controls and camera but they are fine . A little control over the camera would have been nice but its not a big issue . I loved the combat . Skill tree is deep enough . Cut scenes are fine , dialog/voice acting isnt as bad as i thought it would be . The levels are huge and gorgeous .

I loved the demo . I am all hyped up for the game . The loots are awesome too .

It was a guy i know at Sumo Digital.

I need to play the demo for myself.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Too Human demo up on XBL - Jul 15, 2008 08:29
The framerate was not solid. The full review comes later tonight, but it was most definitely not running at a consistent 30fps.
locopuyo

RE: Too Human demo up on XBL - Jul 15, 2008 10:50
It was pretty consistant for me.
Nitro

RE: Too Human demo up on XBL - Jul 15, 2008 10:53

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

The full review comes later tonight

Appreciated.

It doesn' t have to be perfect, ...but they' ve insisted on having lots of enemies and particle effects onscreen so it' d be nice not to have the framerate dropping out.

NGII' s framerate is among the worst i' ve seen this gen, and i' m told that Too Human is up there with it. It' s not that i don' t trust the guy... but this whole thing has blown up to be about more than just the game itself and i don' t know what his motivation is. Since i know Eddie doesn' t give two shits about the Dyack vs. GAF / Knights vs. Epic stuff... i' ll just forget anything else i heard or read and wait for Eddie' s impressions
2pac

RE: Too Human demo up on XBL - Jul 15, 2008 11:36
I can safely say that anybody who loves dungeon crawlers will love this game . As I said before the game could have been so much more but I guess there is no use talking about it now . Even in the demo the loot drops were so amazing . I mean every time I played I got new weapons . I wanted to try the dual wield swords but the champion cant dual wield . Anyone cleared the two bonus areas ? I managed to clear one and got a blueprint for a weapon .
< Message edited by 2pac -- 15 Jul 08 3:49:50 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Too Human demo up on XBL - Jul 15, 2008 11:43
I can' t download it because I only have a Silver account. I guess they don' t want to advertise to me. Oh well.
Rampage99

RE: Too Human demo up on XBL - Jul 15, 2008 11:59
Well I got into the ea conference and was actully very pleased with it. Very little focus on sports games. It was mainly new and original content which was refreshing. Id joining their ranks was a shock but gave me a lot more faith that ea is changing for the better.
2pac

RE: Too Human demo up on XBL - Jul 15, 2008 12:09

Well I got into the ea conference and was actully very pleased with it. Very little focus on sports games. It was mainly new and original content which was refreshing. Id joining their ranks was a shock but gave me a lot more faith that ea is changing for the better.

Specifics ?
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Too Human demo up on XBL - Jul 15, 2008 12:41
Did they show anything on Mirror' s Edge?
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 45

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message