Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Warhammer Online
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Warhammer Online - Sep 19, 2008 07:14
Anyone else get this game? It is pretty good so far but I have a few complaints.

I bought it via download from ebgames.com and it was a 10.1 GB download.  After I downloaded that it unencrypted everything into an install file.  Then I ran the install file and it unecrypted that and installed it.  Then when I first ran it it unencrypted everything and activated it.  Then it downloaded a patch an unecrypted more stuff.  So after about 5 encryptions of 10 gb of data, which took quite a while, it was finally ready.  Then I had to buy a subscription online from their web site and guess what?  The web site had absolutely no encryption.  Paying with a credit card, with no encryption.... wtf
Then when you finally load the game up you have to scroll through and accept 2 terms of service agreements, and you have to do that every time you start up the game, hopefully that is just a bug, it's just annoying.  

So far the game has been fun though.  
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Warhammer Online - Sep 20, 2008 05:12
I have it, goblin shaman.

The agreement is something I've gotten used to because I've been playing it since beta, I doubt they will remove that, though I've heard they're going to make it all-in-one, you have to agree to one screen instead of 2.

And the game does kick ass.
<message edited by emofag on Sep 20, 2008 05:19>
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Warhammer Online - Sep 20, 2008 06:11
They must have made it into 1 yesterday.  It's kind of annoying that it takes 30 seconds to quit and having to wade through all that stuff to start up again. I'm used to being able to quit out and start in a snap, I guess it isn't a big deal though.  

I've been enjoying it a lot so far.  Massive PvP battles are pretty sweet.  None of the battles I've been in have been close though.  The server I'm in is being dominated by the evil side.  Most of the scenarios I've been in the evil side had much higher levels and we got dominated.  I think the closest game I've been in was 168 to 388 or something.  We've won a few battles too though, the last one was 500 to 78 or something.  It seems like the battles will become closer as you get into the higher levels and there is less character disparity and complete nubs that don't understand the objectives.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Warhammer Online - Sep 20, 2008 06:21
Yeah you pretty much can't do anything when someone 6 levels higher is beating on you, I'm on the evil side and we always lose the gates of ekrund scenario in the goblin/dwarf area, but we dominate the human and elf areas. 

<message edited by emofag on Sep 20, 2008 06:58>

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message