Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Matrix Revolutions Review Thread
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Matrix Revolutions Review Thread - Nov 05, 2003 15:53
Me and my friend are going to see it today, but judging by the incredible lack of hype for the movie I' m thinking M3 isn' t going to be shattering too many records.
lotusson

RE: Matrix Revolutions Review Thread - Nov 06, 2003 05:55
THEY DROPPED THE FUKING BALL!!!!!!!!

For the past 40 or so minutes me and my friends just got done RIPPING this fuking movie apart, so I' m in no mood to go through all the things I hate.

But like I said going into the movie, I expect *a little* bit of suck. And I got that little bit in what we mover goers call the opening. Because frankly, all the scenes at the start of the movie with them in the Matrix SUCKED ASS!

But then the most of the movie takes place *outside* the Matrix in the real world and that is when the movie really picks up and gets good. Zion being destroyed, Neo making his way to the Machine City, Morpheus and crew escaping the drones, it all rocked. I was *almost* convince this was a good movie.

And then the end came.....

AND THEY DROPPED THE FUKING BALL!!!!!!!!

My god! How can an ending be so poor and so badly implemented? Oh man, I can still smell the suck coming from it.

I won' t spoil anything, but the ending contained WAY more than just a little bit of suck. It contained enough suck for ALL the movies released this year.
< Message edited by lotusson -- 11/6/2003 5:57:21 AM >
Admin

• Total Posts : 19
RE: Matrix Revolutions Review Thread - Nov 12, 2003 15:58
Here' s my review:

http://movies.kikizo.com/reviews/cinema/matrixrevolutions.asp

The ending is a bit of a let down, and fails to answer many of the questions raised in the first two films. I really can' t say how disappointing it is that none of those philosophical or sci-fi aspects are elaborated upon - what does the Matrix mean, on what levels does it exist to us, and the other stuff I' ve long since stopped wondering after these two films battered my intelligence - the stuff that interested everyone in the first place. Instead, it' s become just a mediocre action flick, heavily vanished of course.

Reloaded was disappointing because the script was bad, the plot was mostly convoluted and pointless, the action did nothing to develop the story and the direction was poor. These are not problems a bunch of filmmakers can remedy in the space of six months, and when shooting the two films together. They are serious problems. How Reloaded was so bad after the exceptional original is beyond me. But Revolutions - while likely to please the fans - is ultimately as disappointing as Reloaded, and will only be regarded as a slight improvement thanks to a sharper plot and bigger, more impressive action sequences.

Of course, one good thing comes of The End - the film is over, and hopefully for good this time.
lotusson

RE: Matrix Revolutions Review Thread - Nov 12, 2003 19:22

Of course, one good thing comes of The End - the film is over, and hopefully for good this time.

But it' s not over! Lets not forget about the Matrix Online videogame!!!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Matrix Revolutions Review Thread - Nov 12, 2003 19:49
If it wasn' t for the ending and some just plain stupid moments I thought the movie was great! The fight scenes were awesome. The whole DBZ fight at the end was amazing. I was also really happy with the battle of Zion. If they could have merged the action scenes from the second and third movie with the story from the original, it would be the greatest movie of all time.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Matrix Revolutions Review Thread - Dec 19, 2003 15:19
To quote a funny review I read: " The Matrix Revolutions is Matrix Reloaded WITH rain."
lotusson

RE: Matrix Revolutions Review Thread - Dec 22, 2003 00:46
LoL

But a little late, aren' t we?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Matrix Revolutions Review Thread - Dec 22, 2003 15:28
Better late than never perhaps? ;)
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Matrix Revolutions Review Thread - Jan 17, 2004 20:39
The matrix reloaded and revolutions were the best movies ive seen in 2003.The Matrix Trilogy and the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy are the best Trilogy' s of all time.
< Message edited by russian mobster -- 1/17/2004 8:40:17 PM >
neminem

• Total Posts : 45
RE: Matrix Revolutions Review Thread - Feb 07, 2004 07:15
Um... what about the fricking Star Wars trilogy? You really can' t talk about movie trilogies and *not* mention them!
Russian Mobster

RE: Matrix Revolutions Review Thread - Feb 07, 2004 07:24
Star wars is good a really good trilogy.But to me its not even close to the MATRIX TRILOGY.
< Message edited by russian mobster -- 2/7/2004 7:26:00 AM >
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Matrix Revolutions Review Thread - Feb 07, 2004 20:32
I have to disagree. Matrix trilogy is no where in the same league as Star Wars or Lord of the Rings.

The first movie (the Matrix) was fatastic, there was so much potential, then they lost it in the second one. In fact, I was so thoroughly disgusted with Reloaded, I do not want to see revolutions. From what I heard it only gets worse than reloaded, and I don' t think I can stand that.

Russian Mobster

RE: Matrix Revolutions Review Thread - Feb 07, 2004 21:21
Once again RELOADED was way better then the original.But REVOLUTIONS is better then RELOADED and the original put together.The special effects the fighting was way better in REVOLUTIONS and RELOADED then any other movie.MATRIX is my best Trilogy ever.And i cant wait till MATRIX ONLINE comes out which should make the matrix even deeper and better.
Rikka

RE: Matrix Revolutions Review Thread - Feb 07, 2004 22:38
Whoa there!

It is my personal opinion that the Matrix was unique, original, and well thought out. Reloaded relied on cheap gimicks, that were no longer uniques, since every man in his dog has pawned some cheap " Matrix-esque" sceen. There is no way that I would ever consider Reloaded to be better that the original. They completely gave up on any story (and for awhile they had a great concept going, but they totally crapped out and went for gimicks and usless drawn out sequences). I think they completely narrowed their target audience with the sequels, which is too bad. I for one was disappointed in it and I was expecting much more.
Russian Mobster

RE: Matrix Revolutions Review Thread - Feb 07, 2004 23:30
Tell me what u were expecting in the sequals.
Rikka

RE: Matrix Revolutions Review Thread - Feb 07, 2004 23:48
Well, I didn' t see the original until the hype died down. I think I saw it a year after the release, and had no clue what it was about (yes I lived in a hole :) ) I thought it was creative, unique and well thought out - that is what I ewas expecting of the sequels. I thought the concept for the Matrix was so cool. I loved how they developed the characters, how it had you wanting more, how my mind was so twisted after the first viewing I had to watch it again to make sure it was what I thought it was.

To be honest, I fell asleep twice during reloaded, and I never fall asleep in movies. I found the fight sequences to be redundant and drawn out. I guess I was expecting innovation and a plot worthy of the original. And as I said, there were snippets of a plot threaded through reloaded, but not enough attention was given to the concept of a story, so it never was developed nor did it go anywhere. I guess I was hoping for innovation, and instead I found a repeat, hoping to bank on the success of the predecessor.
neminem

• Total Posts : 45
RE: Matrix Revolutions Review Thread - Feb 08, 2004 04:49
Yeha, pretty much what Rikki said. I likewise thought the Matrix was a gimmick, never saw it in the theatres, didn' t even see it when it came out on video. Didn' t see it until it was being shown at a camp I was at about a year later, and I thought, what the heck. I came out completely blown away. It' s rare that an exceptional action movie can also be an exceptional sci-fi movie (and by sci-fi I mean the sort that makes you think, a la Asimov at his best). The original Matrix was such a movie. It left a huge number of questions which I wanted answered. Reloaded answered very few of those questions, being basically just your average action movie with a few heavy-handed philosophical dialogs for those of us who were hoping for something like the first movie. However, it left most of those questions open for the third movie to answer. From people who saw the third movie, apparently it answered the open questions just as badly as the second one did. I will admit that Reloaded was a great action movie, but the first Matrix was far more than just action. *That* is why I have a problem with it.
Rikka

RE: Matrix Revolutions Review Thread - Feb 08, 2004 05:55
Well said! Neminem, you phrased it better than me, but those were exactly the thoughts I was trying to share.

konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: Matrix Revolutions Review Thread - Apr 04, 2004 16:50
I need to watch this movie despite mostly bad reviews.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll