Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sega Sammy Lays Off 400
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Sega Sammy Lays Off 400 - Feb 09, 2008 23:48
<Sighs...>

Well, I think this article speaks for itself, so instead, I' m going to have fun playing buzzword bullsh17 bingo with the quoted text.

" Due to Sega failing to respond to changing business environment, the operating performance of its core businesses, including the amusement facilities business and domestic consumer business, has not been performing well," said Hajime Satomi, chairman and CEO.

" As part of these measures, Sega has determined to solicit voluntary retirement of employees to reduce fixed costs and gain greater cost flexibility through optimum employment."

8 BUZZWORD PHRASES IN 2 SENTENCES! YEEEHAW!
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 9 Feb 08 15:48:49 >
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Sega Sammy Lays Off 400 - Feb 10, 2008 01:47
Ouch, so not even their arcade business is doing well? I know that their home console has been doing less good for a while but not that the arcade division followed the trend.

I also thought that Sega said that things would be so much better when they didn' t have to support a console of their own ;)
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Sega Sammy Lays Off 400 - Feb 10, 2008 02:58
How about they " voluntarily retire" the Sammy half?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll