Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Mario Kart 64 on Virtual Console!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
Mario Kart 64 on Virtual Console! - Jan 27, 2007 01:26
Mario Kart 64, the classic Nintendo 64 racer, is now available to buy from the European Wii Virtual Console store. For 1000 Wii Points (approximately £7.50) you can experience one of the most enjoyable multiplayer racing games to grace a home video game console.

Disappointingly the Virtual Console version has some technical problems which prevent Ghost data from being saved. This is particularly annoying for those of us who became addicted to time trials back when the game was released for the N64. It' s not clear if this will eventually be fixed.

Also released today is the Turbografx game Soldier Blade, which will set you back 600 Wii Points.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Mario Kart 64 on Virtual Console! - Jan 27, 2007 01:37
Nintendo Need to get their act togehter when concerning the virtual console.

They Need to Bring out a 60hz Patch for euro owners. Also, they need to get these games playable over the Internet (Nintendo are promoting the console as one ' Wii Play together' after all.. and No saving ghosts??? WTF?? thats one of the best things about a MK Game.

Then I suppose they have not got everything running yet, but i need to see these changes..

Saying that, The channels are awesome.. (Any one try the News channel inwhich you have a globe which you spin to your destination and instantly find news any where?)

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Mario Kart 64 on Virtual Console! - Jan 27, 2007 01:41
So.. you' re saying... Nintendo... is not perfect.... ?

HERESY!
f3hunter

RE: Mario Kart 64 on Virtual Console! - Jan 27, 2007 01:53

So.. you' re saying... Nintendo... is not perfect.... ?

You ment to say..

" Shit? how come no ones hitting back at you with agressive comments, trying to counter your criticisms?" " ..Arghh, i see!! there are no Hardened Nintendo Fanboys in here to do that!"

I was thinking about D/L M64, Im not actually sure now..

< Message edited by f3hunter -- 26 Jan 07 17:54:19 >
ginjirou

RE: Mario Kart 64 on Virtual Console! - Jan 27, 2007 01:56
Yes, thank you for saying what I was thinking
I just couldn' t say it straight out so I tried to disguise it.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Mario Kart 64 on Virtual Console! - Jan 27, 2007 06:05
No Mario Kart love for the US? Bummer.
Papado

• Total Posts : 234
RE: Mario Kart 64 on Virtual Console! - Jan 27, 2007 06:22
OH MY GOD! A ten year old game, finally available? OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Mario Kart 64 on Virtual Console! - Jan 27, 2007 06:27

OH MY GOD! A ten year old game, finally available? OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You' ve got to give it to Papado on that one guys. I just though about that.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Mario Kart 64 on Virtual Console! - Jan 27, 2007 06:43
Nintendo needs to totally redo their virtual console. The games are just straight ports or emulations with no improvements and don' t even work 100%. On top of that they are heavily overpriced, even for a perfect emulation.

There are 2 routes to go with this.
100% perfect emulations set at reasonable prices.
or
Ports with things improved like graphics, additional content, online multiplayer and scoreboards. (Like Xbox 360 Live Arcade.)
f3hunter

RE: Mario Kart 64 on Virtual Console! - Jan 27, 2007 07:13

You' ve got to give it to Papado on that one guys. I just though about that.

No not really, It' s called ' Virtual Arcade' .
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Mario Kart 64 on Virtual Console! - Jan 27, 2007 08:44
I was going to make a similar post to Papado, but he beat me to it. Nothing like PAYING for old games that I already own. And with new flaws, too! SIGN ME UP!
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 27 Jan 07 0:45:20 >
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Mario Kart 64 on Virtual Console! - Jan 27, 2007 16:34

There are 2 routes to go with this.
100% perfect emulations set at reasonable prices.

Legend of Zelda (the original) costs upwards of $30 anywhere so I think $5 for it is extremely reasonable. Though for games like Super Mario Bros. I can see $5 being excessive, they should bundle the original 3 as one download...just separate. Or just give them out free :)

I was going to make a similar post to Papado, but he beat me to it. Nothing like PAYING for old games that I already own. And with new flaws, too! SIGN ME UP!

Of course for people like me who might own an original nintendo and have the original game, but don' t want to go to the trouble of re-hooking it up and blowing on the cartridge for hours its reasonable. Nintendo is just bringing out these games so people can play them like they should be played on consoles...not on PCs.
< Message edited by Alecrein -- 27 Jan 07 8:36:45 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Mario Kart 64 on Virtual Console! - Jan 27, 2007 23:22
The simple fact is though, that for the 20 bucks you pay for Mario & Mario Kart on Virtual Console, you could get an N64 plus the games you want.

It just doesn' t make sense to pay all that money for crappily emulated games. I can tell you firsthand that Mario 64 on Virtual Console is uber-glitchy, not to mention, it seemed very sloppy, little seams running through the maps & that. It didn' t look very professional at all.
f3hunter

RE: Mario Kart 64 on Virtual Console! - Jan 28, 2007 00:55
I can understand one Moaning about its price and missing features such as ghost data. Like i did. (reason why im not buying it) But moaning about the option, whiles others may not have even played this game??

Dear Nintendo,

I was absolutely disgusted to Open my virtual console and see an option to Download Mario Kart 64.

I can’t believe you had the audacity to include this option, especially since I already owned the game 10 years ago.

This is an absolute outrage and I ask you to remove this option immediately.

A shocked,

M. A. Gamer.
Papado

• Total Posts : 234
RE: Mario Kart 64 on Virtual Console! - Jan 28, 2007 02:52
Just to clarify my earlier post: I do not oppose Nintendo making their back catalogue available on Virtual Console. Rather, I was reacting: a) to Marink' s enthusiasm at the release of a ten yer old game, which all of us have probably played at some point (and most likely own), and b) to Nintendo' s strategy of releasing old classics as a substitutes for new Wii games.
< Message edited by papado -- 28 Jan 07 13:46:01 >
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Mario Kart 64 on Virtual Console! - Jan 28, 2007 13:52

substites for new Wii games.

When has Nintendo ever put a steady stream of games out for their consoles. These aren' t substitutes they are just there. The distance between Nintendo' s games usually has been long until the end of the consoles life.
Marink

• Total Posts : 884
RE: Mario Kart 64 on Virtual Console! - Jan 28, 2007 20:45

Marink' s enthusiasm at the release of a ten yer old game

Hey, give me a break.

1) I' m a bit of a retro lover myself anyway. Give me a great game for an older console rather than a brand new game with flashy graphics that turns out to be tedious anyday.

2) My SNES and N64 are both in America(where I used to live) and I may not ever get to see them again for a loooong time. I also never owned a single Sega console or a PC Engine.

3) I would say 3 or 4 games for about £13-£15 isn' t that bad, myself. Especially when I never actually paid for any of them in the first place. My first Wii Points card was a Christmas present, and my second one was bought with some Amazon vouchers I recieved for free.

Besides, I don' t mock any of your opinions(I' m referring to everybody, by the way). I could, easily, but I don' t.
ginjirou

RE: Mario Kart 64 on Virtual Console! - Jan 28, 2007 20:53
I think Marinks joy over the Virtual Console is more understandable than the guys who are super happy when they hear that games like Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter will be available via Live Arcade.
The Virtual Console might have some problems compared to Live arcade but at least the games they put out are good.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 28 Jan 07 12:53:34 >
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: Mario Kart 64 on Virtual Console! - Jan 28, 2007 21:52

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

I think Marinks joy over the Virtual Console is more understandable than the guys who are super happy when they hear that games like Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter will be available via Live Arcade.
The Virtual Console might have some problems compared to Live arcade but at least the games they put out are good.

Xbox live arcade has got some great games on it now - Heavy Weapon being the latest.

And SF2 World Warrior is on Virtual Console - we get Hyper Fighting on live arcade

I got Bomberman on Virtual console yesterday (because my sis sold the gamecube and all the controllers I need games you can play with the Wii mote). When I get a virtual controller Super Probotector is next!

Are any of these old games online enabled now?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Mario Kart 64 on Virtual Console! - Jan 29, 2007 03:53
I dont think theres anything wrong with marinks over excitement, Even though it is an old game, I' d rather play it over most of the games today
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message