Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Terrible CoD:4 Rumor
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Terrible CoD:4 Rumor - Mar 06, 2007 08:22
[:' (]

Amped news is reporting that an inside source has confirmed the existence of Call of Duty 4. What is more, the source claims that Call of Duty 4 will forgo the World War II setting in favor of more modern warfare. Many are speculating that Call of Duty will shift its focus to the Middle East, as EA did with its Battlefield series. This would seem to confirm a similar rumor reported by Joystiq way back in March.

Development of the 4th installment of Call of Duty will be handed back to its original developer, Infinity Ward. Call of Duty 4 will also mark the series' return to the PC. According to the source, a deal has been made with Activision regarding future titles. Supposedly, Infinity Ward will now handle the development of all even numbered COD games, and Treyarch will develop all odd numbered COD titles. If true, this maneuver was probably executed to decrease the gap between sequels, though it will be interesting to note the future differences between Infinity Ward' s and Treyarch' s entries. Also worth noting, Call of Duty 4 is reported to have many technical improvements, including 16 critical points mapped to the head of each character. This allows for very detailed hit detection -- for example, shooting at the side of the head will tear off an ear or make a soldier' s helmet spin. Finally, multiplayer is rumored to support 54 players.

Every even title is going to be done by Infinity Ward? Every odd by Treyarch? LOL

The sad part was that people belived this crap. I won' t even bother posting the " photo-realistic" concept art. Emphasis on " photo" .

Edit: I just had to post this insightful comment.

10. From what I heard talking with my friends from infinity ward, they are doing a future warfare game, set in a time period of around 2019 to 2025. The not so distant future. They were telling me about this project two or three years ago and whenever I speak with one of my friends at Infinity Ward they always bring up the game. It started about 4 or so years ago as just idea and a way of moving away from WWII shooters. They didn' t want to do modern day, but they didn' t want something that was just another " Halo" . That' s all I can remember about that. It' s been a while since I' ve spoke with them, about two months probably. Everyone is so busy.

Posted at 12:25AM on Nov 15th 2006 by joesecrets
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 6 Mar 07 0:24:31 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Terrible CoD:4 Rumor - Mar 06, 2007 08:52
COD 4 would be great if they combined COD 2 with 3 by giving it COD2 singleplayer and COD3 Multiplayer
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Terrible CoD:4 Rumor - Mar 06, 2007 09:01
Hahaha!! 4 Years in development, with no publisher, or milestones to meet!! Their friend must be a millionaire to fund the development teams indefinetly! Hahah Spark fell out with Activisiona dn that was a 2 year development cycle!!

Thanks for giving me some entertainment this evening, I am so glad this site is mainly free from this kind of misrepresentation on the whole!!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Terrible CoD:4 Rumor - Mar 06, 2007 14:55
Infinity Ward>Treyarch

COD2 is amazing and regardless of what has been said about cod4 is true, if they are infact making COD4, then I know it' s going to kickass.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 6 Mar 07 6:56:42 >
M B

• Total Posts : 202
RE: Terrible CoD:4 Rumor - Mar 06, 2007 16:01
COD2 was a lot better than COD3. The only part better about COD3 was the new " War" gametype, it alone makes the game worth buying.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Terrible CoD:4 Rumor - Mar 06, 2007 16:44
Isn' t this from like 4 months ago?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Terrible CoD:4 Rumor - Mar 07, 2007 08:07
Yeah, but it didn' t seem to hit most reputable sources, so I figured I' d give you guys a laugh.

Infinity Ward>Treyarch for sure. Treyarch gets an A+ for their online, but really, is it that much harder to make a decent single player map? In all actuality, most of the levels in CoD:2 were just much larger, and more structured multiplayer arenas.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Terrible CoD:4 Rumor - Mar 07, 2007 08:56
CoD2 had a far better atmosphere. Treyarch deserve serious credit for the technical aspects of the game, but the single player campaign was poorly executed.

To be honest i' m sick of 2nd World War shooters. CoD2 was awesome and i couldn' t care less if i didn' t play another this generation. Only BiA3 interests me now.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll