Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is coming to XBL ARCADE!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is coming to XBL ARCADE! - Aug 04, 2006 08:40
The September issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly (issue: 207) reports:

Konami is resurrecting the cult PS1 game Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on Xbox Live Arcade. Along with SOTN, Konami is also bringing back other classic hits, some revered (Frogger, Contra, Super Contra, Track & Field) some obscure (Time Pilot), and some really obscure (Scramble).

So playstation 1 games isn' t hard to emulate on the 360 O_o nice!!!
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 4 Aug 06 0:40:54 >
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is coming to XBL ARCADE! - Aug 04, 2006 08:43
Hell yes! I love XBL Arcade! I probably play the arcade games more than my other games. Geometry Wars, Hexic, and now Street Fighter II own me.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is coming to XBL ARCADE! - Aug 04, 2006 14:10
Hell yes! I' ve been looking for a reason to pay again for a game I already own and this is the perfect excuse! I love paying for things I already have this is fucking great! OMG!!!! TEH PWNGE!
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is coming to XBL ARCADE! - Aug 04, 2006 14:23
cool, whit no boubt the best game in the 36 so far, i dunno if im gonna buy it myself, cause i want the PSP version but those sure are good news
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is coming to XBL ARCADE! - Aug 04, 2006 16:02
Time Pilot wasnt obscure!!? Was it?

one of my fave shoot em ups, could complete it on the bbc micro port heheh
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is coming to XBL ARCADE! - Aug 04, 2006 17:11

Hell yes! I' ve been looking for a reason to pay again for a game I already own and this is the perfect excuse! I love paying for things I already have this is fucking great! OMG!!!! TEH PWNGE!

Well someone sure is happy... Lemme guess...

Eggs and bacon for breakfast?

!!!1!!!1!
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is coming to XBL ARCADE! - Aug 04, 2006 17:21
Good game but dont see a need to buy it, beat it a million times already.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is coming to XBL ARCADE! - Aug 04, 2006 18:17
you might have, but this is a chance for younger gamers or people new to gaming to play a classic and I' m all for it.

Same as SF2 really, regardless of whether something has been lost in translation (the 90' s were heady days for gaming after all) but at the very least it' s sharing our collective gaming history with a new generation!

I mean, If I can get my gf addicted to frogger on XBLA then anything is possible!
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is coming to XBL ARCADE! - Aug 04, 2006 18:26
Iv' e never played it so will be interested to see if I like it.
Joe Redifer

RE: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is coming to XBL ARCADE! - Aug 04, 2006 18:39
What other games besides Castlevania SOTN that I already own should come out for Xbox Live Arcade that I can pay for? I know... ALL OF THEM! Paying for them once wasn' t enough!
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 4 Aug 06 10:39:58 >
dasher232

RE: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is coming to XBL ARCADE! - Aug 04, 2006 19:04

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

What other games besides Castlevania SOTN that I already own should come out for Xbox Live Arcade that I can pay for? I know... ALL OF THEM! Paying for them once wasn' t enough!

Lol crazy...
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is coming to XBL ARCADE! - Aug 04, 2006 19:30

Lol crazy...

But its kinda justified, a feature where you can type in seriel numbers for your old games to unlock a live version would be sweet, somehow i dont see MS agreeing
dasher232

RE: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is coming to XBL ARCADE! - Aug 04, 2006 19:36
Yea that would be nice for the people that own them alread. I think it would be nice to see them come up with some good original ones or mini/spinoff series like chibi doa or something.
Rampage99

RE: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is coming to XBL ARCADE! - Aug 04, 2006 23:11
Microsoft has added features to each arcade game which makes it different than the original title. Take SFII for example, it now has online play and new modes along with an online ranking system. Because these little features are added they aren' t the same game hence the copy you already own doesn' t count as owning the new version. Sure it' s pretty gay you have to spend your money on a game that you own and have beaten but you don' t have to buy it. Just play your original title.

I never played Castlevania so I' ll probably be buying the XBL arcade version. $10 for a game like that doesn' t seem all that unfair to me.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is coming to XBL ARCADE! - Aug 04, 2006 23:17
Man now this is what i call the heat hell thats the best game on the 360 to me besides Geometry Wars
Joe Redifer

RE: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is coming to XBL ARCADE! - Aug 05, 2006 09:51

$10 for a game like that doesn' t seem all that unfair to me.

Not at all, just as long as you get a physical, existing copy that can' t accidentally be deleted and can be taken over to a friend' s house who doesn' t own it, etc. Virtual games = teh suk. I want physical copies that can stand the ravages of time, and look cool on the shelf!
Rampage99

RE: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is coming to XBL ARCADE! - Aug 05, 2006 09:56
If the game gets deleted it' s still saved to your Live account so you can just redownload it. A lost file is not something you have to worry about. Also if you have a memory card you can bring it over to a friend' s console. That' s why all XBL arcade games have a size limit of 50MB.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is coming to XBL ARCADE! - Aug 05, 2006 10:06
Every serious gamer or atleast who even rarely play games,should uprgade to an HDD sooner or later.

Rampage99

RE: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is coming to XBL ARCADE! - Aug 05, 2006 10:14
That' s not what I meant when I talked about the memory card. I was just explaining that Live Arcrade games were made to be portable. In the somewhat near future I' ve heard you' ll be able to use Live Arcade games on a portable dedvice as well... *wink, wink*
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 4 Aug 06 21:14:31 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is coming to XBL ARCADE! - Aug 05, 2006 18:22
that' s a nice idea if it works out.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread