Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 About J.allard and xbox360...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 39
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
About J.allard and xbox360... - Aug 22, 2005 12:27
First of all i would like to add that im an big xbox fan,i own 28 diffrent xbox titles,bought everyone for the overpriced price of 80 dollars each.
Also next gen im going to chose as it look now xbox360+NR(but then again this gen i was only supposed to go ps2...and went ps2,gc+xbox).

Okay anyway now you know that.
I got something to complain about...
On e3,and on the comments xbox360 is supposed to be so next-gen and not like Ken kutargi said:xbox1.5...but the core package sure look 1.5,why? well just look at it.

It has no HDD,no hd-tv cables,no memory card,2controller ports,no hd-dvd,no backward compitable,no real media source to use because of no HDD.No wireless come with it and xbl wont work,unless you buy memory card(Btw this new HDD will work as an giant memory card with not real benefits).
Every parents will feel abit angry when they need to go back to the store to buy an memory card.

Anyway,i waited 7 hours in that irc channel to chatt with J.allard to find myself outbooted right when the questions started,because we where like 1600 people and it lagged like crazy,even for me with 8 mb internet.
But i read the script and it was horrible,how J.allard cant face the truth about how the fans feel about beeing lured.

I cant belive how he defended the overpriced HDD,yes J.allard it doesnt cost 100 dollar,mayby the avergae causal gamer belives in you but thats just crap,and you know it.

but then again he seems to be very lost when it comes to numbers...just take a look at this...

" The thing to remember is that while we designed a no-compromises game system, a huge percentage of our customers are not like the folks in this chat room. Recognize that more than 75 per cent of the folks on Xbox have not played Halo."

Okay so xbox sold 20 millions,and halo2 sold 7 millions,so 7 out of 20 is 25%?
k...

I think its lame when bacH claimed they went 2 controller ports because of the cost of wirless,when xbox360 not gonna have wireless as standard,when they claim premium package is for the:" hard cores" okay... i heard almost every store and people going for xbox360 is getting the big package because the little one is xbox 1.3 .

But then J.allard think velocity girl is not hardcore and might go core package...okay J.allard,but at e3 you said that you will get her with the media device and be able to make maps,wont you need a HDD then?
So basically you want Velocity girl to buy a new console+ yours that is least known for 500 dollars? (yes 400 euro=500 dollar).
No you say core package`?
But then she wont be able to use that you claimed will make her come,and then i heard from some:" well then she can just buy the seprate HDD to the core..."

That sounds good to me,but J.allard claimed the HDD cost 100 dollar,and 299 dollars+100=400 dollars,or as in europe price it would be 399+100=500 dollars.

So no,you lost velocity girl and now you aiming for what?
And overpriced xbox360 in europe?

If every xbox fan seem to be lured and J.allard just think we missunderstand how is it? how do you manage to make a missunderstanding in like 3 months?!

Ps2 sold 27 millions here,xbox sold 4,4...ahum how will you make people take a chance with something new and overpriced?
You gonna let the price down just before ps3 release? or releasing halo3 then?
That will only make some american buy xbox360,the europeans will wait for ps3.

Lower the price and include a HDD and wirless controller in core package and higher the price alittle.

We never got our HD-DVD instead you took away the HD benefit...Ms that was not nice done.

And the talk about being able to dl alot of demos and trailers,and dl content will it change now? when HDD isn' t standard?
How many will add this on?
And why do MS tak 80 dollar a year from me,when i with the 8mb host alot of games when i play :S make no sense,they use my internet and then take money from me...

I want alot of changes to make xbox360 actually manage to fight with sony' s Ps3,because as it looks now we have no chance.

Anyway as i said before im not some sonyfanboy trying to piss you people off,the games xbox360 offers like:Lost odyssey,blue dragon,gears of war,pdz,kameo,ghost recon3,Pgr3,halo3 and enchant arm for ex is games i just cant miss,im getting xbox360,but i just feel very dissapointed,and i feel that J.allad just gaved us PR answeres and never took the questions from the true fans that was angry and feelt dissapointed.

I look forward to some opinions about this.
Btw i live in Sweden.
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 22 Aug 05 20:44:41 >
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: About J.allard and xbox360... - Aug 22, 2005 13:17
It' s a super computer. You' re getting it for a steal. Go try and buy a computer with the same specs... oh wait, you can' t. That' s because the technology isn' t even availible for computers yet.

It' s not an over priced system, and the system is $400 not $500, at leat by US currency.

I agree that the two packages is pretty gay and goes back on what they originally stated but there isn' t much we can do. Most people will probably get the $400 because it IS worth the money. There are kids that don' t need the HD simpy because they don' t use Live. As much as I think the HD should be standard (and a lot cheaper, $100 for a 20 gig is just madness), MS doesn' t seem to think so. Either way, we aren' t really getting screwed.
QuezcatoL

RE: About J.allard and xbox360... - Aug 22, 2005 13:24
Yeah 400 euro=500 dollar.
So we paying 500 dollars :S
in sweden i have to pay 550 dollars for preorders...but,im getting it before x-mas
Rampage99

RE: About J.allard and xbox360... - Aug 22, 2005 13:26
Maybe in Sweden but here in the US it' s 400 dollars.
QuezcatoL

RE: About J.allard and xbox360... - Aug 22, 2005 13:29
Yeah 400 dollar is a great price.
And im getting the premium even though it cost 500 dollar.
because its a great package...but those things i get i hoped to be standard...
Rampage99

RE: About J.allard and xbox360... - Aug 22, 2005 13:31
I' m getting the Premium too. the should just drop that $300 package and only sell the $400 package.
QuezcatoL

RE: About J.allard and xbox360... - Aug 22, 2005 14:59
I agree,but if they dont,plz just add a HDD and higher the cost abit...
And just be honest and dont tell us the HDD cost 100 dollars.
QuezcatoL

RE: About J.allard and xbox360... - Aug 22, 2005 16:31
I feel sorry for those who buy core,and then realise they need to go back to the store and buy a memory card :S
and they dont even have a demo disc with the xbox360
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: About J.allard and xbox360... - Aug 22, 2005 18:46
You seem to be only looking at one side of the picture. At first I was against it but once I understood their reasoning I was more accepting of it.

What about all those casual gamers?

What about all those people who aren' t yet gamers but are looking at a way to enter the market?

Microsoft' s reasoning behind the two packages is very sound. I know quite a few people who have Xbox' s. And I' m not just talking about my friends who play games regularly. Out of the thirty or so people who I know who have them, I' d say only 3 or 4 people (including myself) use the Live service. So it makes perfect sense for Microsoft to release two packages. It' s meant to cater for the other 25 people that I know have them. As well as all those people who want to get involved but don' t want to spend too much to start off with. Microsoft may end up making more sales on the core version than on the premium one.

It saddens me to think that gamers have become too " elitist" for their own good. If someone does something that they don' t understand, they shun it. (I was like that until I took the time to understand it)

And don' t complain to me about having to pay more due to exchange rates. I live in Australia and I will most likely have to spend $AU650+ just to get the Premium system. I can deal with it, so can you. Complaining isn' t going to change a thing.

Oh yeah and console companies have always charged rediculous prices for accessories. An 8mb Xbox memory card is $AU60 here. The system link cable is like $AU15 for $1 worth of CAT5. Think back on all of the Playstations and Nintendo consoles. They never come bundled with a memory card. Why the complaining now? The stupid prices of accessories didn' t come at a suprise to me at all. We' ve been putting up with them for generations.
< Message edited by UnluckyOne -- 23 Aug 05 2:51:37 >
QuezcatoL

RE: About J.allard and xbox360... - Aug 23, 2005 03:28
No n64 never came with a memory card nor psx,but then again you did not need a memory card to save on n64,i never bought one and could save.
And on psx there came a demo disc with alot of games,if xbox360 add that,when coming with no memory card then im fine with that.

And about complaining,xbox costed 700 american dollars when it came here.
We paid high prices enough,and why am i not allowed to complain? should i pretend like im happy?!
Alot of the communities over at majornelson for ex,or at other sites are angry,and i dont think a rookie like MS can afford to do this,i mean they wont win over the european market by putting 360 for 400 euro(500 dollar) and think people not gonna resist to buy it,they will think:" okay its expensive then i wait for ps3"
And even if xbox360 get a better price before ps3 and halo3 come,what does that change?what if ps3 come with MGS3,i mean people dont even gonna bother looking at xbox360 then.

They still have time to change the core system...add a hdd and just make the price abit higher.
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 23 Aug 05 11:32:48 >
Rampage99

RE: About J.allard and xbox360... - Aug 23, 2005 06:21

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

And about complaining,xbox costed 700 american dollars when it came here.

What?! It was $300 ameican dollars. Seriously dude, I don' t know how you are getting your currency exchange but it' s making my brain hurt. I have an uncle from Sweden so I' m gonna ask him. your numbers seem way off though.
QuezcatoL

RE: About J.allard and xbox360... - Aug 23, 2005 07:17
no its not.
Xbox costed 700 dollar when it came.
1 dollar=7,5 kronor
xbox costed 5000-5500 kronor at the release.
But then some weeks later they lower it to 580 and those who paid 700 got 2 free games.
Including me.

MS admited they had the wrong price when it came,and they wouldn' t give us the wrong price again.
Now xbox cost like 200 dollar+a game,so i was hoping for a great price for xbox360.
But now its 530 dollars for it :S
Atleast thats what the stores wnat here,and MS said the price should be 400 euro,and 400 euro=500 dollars...

And no, my numbers are not wrong.
Also the games still cost 600 kronors here,600 kronor>80 dollars.
Take away our taxes and the price would be 61 dollar,and that price would be super.
but that' s not what we pay here...

< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 23 Aug 05 15:18:22 >
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: About J.allard and xbox360... - Aug 23, 2005 14:57
Microsoft should not change a thing in their release strategy. People will complain no matter what, so I think the fact that they' re giving people a choice eliminates SOME complaining. It' s funny that some people are actually complaining about being given a choice!! LOL

Their strategy is perfect; offer one system with all the goodies (at a VERY reasonable price, I must say) and one system that is bare bones that you can buy the accesories that you need later on.

Alot of the communities over at majornelson for ex,or at other sites are angry

Forums and blogs are full of very opinionated individuals that represent only a very small percentage of overall gamers.

,and i dont think a rookie like MS can afford to do this,

There' s nothing MS can' t afford .

And even if xbox360 get a better price before ps3 and halo3 come,what does that change?what if ps3 come with MGS3,i mean people dont even gonna bother looking at xbox360 then.

When was the last time ANY system came bundled with a game? I' m not talking little $5 demo disks either. I think I can safely predict that PS3 will not come with MGS3 (or any game, for that matter).

And if the 360 has a lower price AND Halo 3 comes out before the PS3 is launched, I guarantee it will change things drastically! (That' s not a " money back" guarantee, either!)
< Message edited by Chee Saw -- 23 Aug 05 23:00:23 >
QuezcatoL

RE: About J.allard and xbox360... - Aug 23, 2005 15:29
Sorry,it was my bad english,i never thought mgs4 was gonna come out with ps3 as in a bundle but release at the same time.
And that would counter halo3 heavily.
And when i meant afford,i meant not in a money way.
Ms cant lose money forever with their xbox and they will probably lose again if they dont fix this in europe.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: About J.allard and xbox360... - Aug 23, 2005 16:13

And when i meant afford,i meant not in a money way.

I know. I was just messin' with ya!
QuezcatoL

RE: About J.allard and xbox360... - Aug 23, 2005 16:40
Just to make one thing clear,i adore xbox360 and getting it with the premium package(ofc) i just think this was a bad move,and that they gonna lose europe to sony again with their ps3.

Hopefully MS fix this problem before ps3 comes out...
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: About J.allard and xbox360... - Aug 23, 2005 17:05
Im pretty sure MS will drop the price-tag like they did with the Xbox. And I' m quite sure it will be prior to the release of PS3 (which is gonna come with a hefty price as well so ppl waiting for a lower price will have to wait longer if they already passed the 360).
Raide

• Total Posts : 20
RE: About J.allard and xbox360... - Aug 25, 2005 09:53
According to a few reports, the memory cards that come as extras for the 360 act like smaller hdd. They can be used to store any informatio, not just save games. So people that have the Core kit could actually take advantage of music, downloads and also making their own content. They just wont be able to do much of it. Once the first 1Gb memory cards appear (and it wont be long) The reason behind having the HDD built in will be less and less.

For those casual gamers, the Core kit is great. Its a great piece of technology at a good price but its not the elite version which may scare new people to X-Box. Once they get into it, sure, they can buy the HDD which by then will be cheaper and they can join the rest of us.

*Content or would-be content creators will want the HDD. Thats the full kit. Plus all the early adopters that want new stuff now! (Me)

*People new to X-box that want a taste of what it can do. Thats what the Core is for. You start talking about HDTV, X_box Live, Digital Media Streaming and Anti Aliasing to a person that has no clue, you are more likely to scare them off than attract them to 360. I should know, I work in a game shop and I get this all the time.
QuezcatoL

RE: About J.allard and xbox360... - Aug 25, 2005 11:34

*People new to X-box that want a taste of what it can do. Thats what the Core is for. You start talking about HDTV, X_box Live, Digital Media Streaming and Anti Aliasing to a person that has no clue, you are more likely to scare them off than attract them to 360. I should know, I work in a game shop and I get this all the time.

Yeah your right,but remember it was J.allard who said thats how you get velocitygirl over to xbox360,so she can make and upload maps for tony hawk or using media device,which will not work if she dont buy the premium package...
I doubt 64 mb will be enough for that.
I also think the core should have a HDD in it,or atleast memory card.and i also think there should be a demo dvd wich let you try the games MS is gonna publish.

I remember first day i bought Playstation,it did not come with memory card,but it came with a demo disc that included all genre,great thing made by sony.
Raide

• Total Posts : 20
RE: About J.allard and xbox360... - Aug 25, 2005 13:56
Yeah *nods* The HDD comes with stuff pre installed. Some Music, videos abd demos. Alas, Core users dont get the HDD! I think MS should have put an 8Gb one with the Core, same as the one for the current XBox. Hopefully we get some bigger memory cars over time.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 39

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message