Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Anonymous Vs. Scientology
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
Anonymous Vs. Scientology - Feb 13, 2008 22:14
Anyone hear about this?

A friend of mine sent me a link to this video the other day. It was the first time I' ve ever heard about the underground group known as Anonymous. I did some research on them and it sounds like a pretty shady organization, but hey, they are fighting Scientology so they can' t be all bad.

I just find it interesting this didn' t make it on the news at all. Thousands (yes, thousands, I had another friend that lives in LA that saw it happening and got the hell out of the area, lol) of people walking around in V masks seems like the type of thing that would get blown up in the media.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Anonymous Vs. Scientology - Feb 14, 2008 00:19
Hehehe... a shady organization?

Rampage, What have I told you about watching Fox News Network?

Anonymous is a bunch of pockmarked fanboys who spend their time spreading propaganda for the small handful of their number who actually have the ability to make so-called " attacks" , all the while searching fruitlessly for the touch of a woman.

Those stupid enough to fall for Anonymous' s scare tactics are either hypersensitive, or alarmist. Neither of which are qualities I hold in high regard.
Rampage99

RE: Anonymous Vs. Scientology - Feb 14, 2008 00:49
It' s not from watching Fox news. It' s just from doing research and actually reading up on them. Hacking people' s shit and sending death threats to people that did nothing to them sounds shady to me. I understand it' s just a bunch of internet peeps using scare tactics but that in its own rights are also shady.

Like I said though, if they are going out and actively on the offensive against CoS I' m all for it. Non-violent protests on that scale are a good way of going about getting their point across.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Anonymous Vs. Scientology - Feb 14, 2008 04:38
They are a bit shady, yeah. Like I said, there' s a few people with some moderate hacking skills, and hundreds of thousands of little social outcasts that enjoy the idea of anonymity, and the turning of the tides in regards to their social shortcomings.

I used to be Anonymous. Then I realized that nothing actually happens because of Anonymous. It' s like the freemasons with acne, tons of secrets, none of them worth knowing.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 13 Feb 08 21:01:43 >
Rampage99

RE: Anonymous Vs. Scientology - Feb 14, 2008 04:56
Well there you go. You could have said you were once a member and cleared that up right away.

Seems fairly organized though to get that many people rallied for such a large protest. I really don' t know much about it. Like I said, this is the first I' ve heard of it.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Anonymous Vs. Scientology - Feb 14, 2008 05:11
Yeah, it sounds really organized and scary, but for the most part it' s a bunch of folks sitting at home, reading the /b/ section of 4chan, waiting for some way to make themselves part of something. I mean, seriously. If anybody thinks these guys are a major threat, go check out /b/ for yourself (decidedly NSFW).

These are the guys that raid Habbo (sprite based webchat place), and stand in front of doors looking like Jules from Pulp Fiction for God' s sake.

Don' t get me wrong. What they' re doing is impressive, and certainly the most active I' ve ever seen anything Anonymous based, but I mean seriously, the 60s & 70s had massive civil rights, anti-war pro-peace movements the world across, and we have... A bunch of people in V masks. What they' re doing in this situation is good, but rarely is it this constructive. It goes anywhere from spamming people to making chicks on youtube cry, and it contradicts the " We do not forgive, we do not forget" pomp that they throw out to sound impressive.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 13 Feb 08 21:27:49 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message