Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Mikay D Got a PS3
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 42
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
Mikay D Got a PS3 - Mar 18, 2007 06:14
Well I got my PS3 today and what can I say I love this thing I bought madden and resistence and motostorm. I love this thing motostorm is such an great game probaly the best on the ps3 I just wish Sony made a stronger conmetment to the online gaming and support.

I mean I would like to jam to some tuens while I download the demos and why is it that the 360 can have demo out like the day of the release and the PS3 just picks when to release the demos. Sony Really needs to step there game up on the online support.

Madden plays a little chunky but that' s because EA sucks. I am happy with what the PS3. flow' s Controls takes a while to get used to but hey its all good. Resistance for it to be a launch title it is a great game.

But for motostorm I have never had more fun playing a raceing game in my life. It is one fun ass game I havent even played the offine mode yet.
The online is just to fun It rocks. Great system but there better be an big ass update to the system soon I tell ya .

600 bucks is worth it. I had a 360 and it just dident cut it for me but hey its cool
it just was weak to me. But that just what I think of the 360. To each his own.

PSN ID is = MikeDaFreshOne

If you have a PS3 then please share what you think sony needs to improve on.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Mikay D Got a PS3 - Mar 18, 2007 06:27
But you' re still bubba from forest gump no matter what you get,how does that feel?

And about being weak you' re retarded.
I-8 and Motorstorm is in no way anything beyond 360 at all.
And ps3 was delayed so the developers had more times for their first titles. you fucking gingerbread.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Mikay D Got a PS3 - Mar 18, 2007 06:32

But you' re still bubba from forest gump no matter what you get,how does that feel?

Bubba is a nice guy, is more popular than you, and probably gets laid more often too.

Motorstorm has physics and fluid motion I have yet to see in a 360 game.

And ps3 was delayed so the developers had more times for their first titles. you fucking gingerbread.

Who cares? It doesn' t make the games any less enjoyable, does it?

Mikay D, congrats on your purchase.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Mikay D Got a PS3 - Mar 18, 2007 06:38

And about being weak you' re retarded.

I thought you said you were gone till blue dragon/halo 3 are out.

The point isn' t that motorstorm is better than what the Xbox360 can do. It' s the fact that its an awesome game, that only the ps3 has. Whenever a good looking ps3 game comes out, or when one gets good reviews, your response is always either " it' s crap" , or " it' s nothing the 360 can' t do" . That' s not the point of exclusives. You think crackdown or GRAW2 are things the ps3 can' t do? Of course not, it just doesn' t have them. You need to stop hating games because of what system they are for. I love a few 360 games, and I love a few ps3 games, I could care less that they are on a certain console, I just care that the games are great and I have the opportunity to play them.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Mikay D Got a PS3 - Mar 18, 2007 06:41
Dude, you really should have stayed in school...

I don' t actually understand why people have given MotorStorm a hard time for a lack of modes and content because nobody complains about games like SSX. I guess it' s because other driving/racing games have mode tracks, vehicles, customization options etc. MotorStorm is one of the best launch titles i' ve ever played and i' m sure there will be more content made available via PSN.

I haven' t played much of Resistance. From my limited playtime i' ve been pretty impressed. It' s not in the same league as Halo/2, Half Life/2 or even Black but it' s better than CoD3, even if CoD3 looks nicer. It' s definitely a good launch title which is why i' m buying it, and who knows, since i' ve heard the later levels are far better than the first few, ...maybe i' ll change my opinion of the game.

What i do want to see is the snow effects. I' ve heard they' re really impressive.

Sports games don' t interest me so i can' t comment on Madden. I' ve never really been impressed by any sports game. They all have shit controls. The only " sports" game i have any interest in is Virtua Tennis 3, ...and i' m hoping for a PS3 demo because the 360 demo is up and the game has left me feeling a bit meh... Hopefully the SEGA developed PS3 version will be better...

flOw looks awesome, but i' m buying Tekken: Dark Resurrection before anything else. I need to check what' s going to be available at the UK launch and when more stuff will be hitting.

Do you have a 720p TV??? If so, how does Blu-Ray playback look??? I know PS3 doesn' t support 720p Blu-Ray playback and 360 upscans the native PAL 576p over VGA and looks superb. I just want to know what Blu-Ray movies are like before i start buying them.

As a side note, what took you so long to buy the system? I mean, you bought a couple of pads like a muppet at launch and then waited until now to buy the console itself? Why when the machine has been readily available for ages now?
< Message edited by NITRO -- 17 Mar 07 22:41:56 >
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Mikay D Got a PS3 - Mar 18, 2007 07:19
Congrats!

Glad your liking your purchase.

I had a quick blast on a Friends PS3 over in Japan (not long got back from there ). Even though the Japanese Version clearly was rushed and certainly lacked features (online ETC ), It was a real blast to play.

Also, Just like ive said before, the graphics (or shall i say the motions) are the best you' ll see in a racer so far. My Only concern was it' s alittle slow after being used to Excite truck.

A Ps3 and No Vf5?

I Also Got to Play VF5 on a offical HORI Arcade stick for around 2 hours... Man.. VF5 is the shit.

Edit:

Nitro.. 360 VT3 a perfect port i take?, Just noticed a Demo of it on live **Downloading now**.

< Message edited by f3hunter -- 17 Mar 07 23:36:43 >
Nitro

RE: Mikay D Got a PS3 - Mar 18, 2007 07:35

Edit:

Nitro.. 360 VT3 a perfect port i take?, Just noticed a Demo of it on live **Downloading now**.

Nope. It' s good, ...better than Top Spin 2, ...but i' m really hoping the PS3 version is better. The 360 version was handled by Sumo Digital (who are a swell bunch of guys), ...but it could be better.

Check it out. I might just be overly scrutinizing it.
f3hunter

RE: Mikay D Got a PS3 - Mar 18, 2007 07:38
I' ve played the arcade version on nice 42" arcade panels. I' ll give my views. Im guessing its going to be quite bright..
Nitro

RE: Mikay D Got a PS3 - Mar 18, 2007 07:40

ORIGINAL: f3hunter

I' ve played the arcade version on nice 42" arcade panels. I' ll give my views. Im guessing its going to be quite bright..

Ah, y' see i haven' t played the arcade version yet. I love VT though. I' ll give the demo another go.

By the way, i' ve never gotten around to asking; what' s your Gamertag?
f3hunter

RE: Mikay D Got a PS3 - Mar 18, 2007 07:41
bareknuckleII
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Mikay D Got a PS3 - Mar 18, 2007 07:41
wha?, ps3 cant playback blue ray at 720p? what about games?

is that the silly firmware bug thing that people where complaing about?
Nitro

RE: Mikay D Got a PS3 - Mar 18, 2007 07:46

bareknuckleII

Spelt exactly like that?

I couldn' t get your profile up on Xbox.com. Is there a space in there?

uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Mikay D Got a PS3 - Mar 18, 2007 07:51
good to hear mikay, I registered for PSN a while back when they opened it up to europeans online, tag should be the same as here, uumai

mikayd2

RE: Mikay D Got a PS3 - Mar 18, 2007 07:52

The only " sports" game i have any interest in is Virtua Tennis 3

Yeah I got to have that one looks fun and I like tennis

Tekken: Dark Resurrection

That my man was my first order of bizzness when I got my PS3

Do you have a 720p TV

looks great man you will love it trust me.

As a side note, what took you so long to buy the system? I mean, you bought a couple of pads like a muppet at launch and then waited until now to buy the console itself? Why when the machine has been readily available for ages now?

Man My son was born and all that stuff it was a long wait but I got one

Gottoa to go be back a little later Peace

For those that dont have one get one its pretty cool if ya ask me I love it
< Message edited by mikayd2 -- 17 Mar 07 23:53:22 >
Nitro

RE: Mikay D Got a PS3 - Mar 18, 2007 07:58

ORIGINAL: mikayd2

Man My son was born and all that stuff it was a long wait but I got one

Ah. Well congratulations on that too!
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Mikay D Got a PS3 - Mar 18, 2007 08:15

Ummmm, getting good games, getting a decent online network going, price drop, ... must i go on?

Bubba is a nice guy, is more popular than you, and probably gets laid more often too.

Wow, ginji, that had so much to do with this conversation. Way to fucking go. If the only thing your looking to do is make fun of quez why bother posting on this thread?

You think crackdown or GRAW2 are things the ps3 can' t do? Of course not, it just doesn' t have them.

Well, apparently GRAW2 can be pulled off on ps3 since its on PS3, and if it couldnt pull of crackdown it probably wouldnt have GRAW, people dont play Crackdown because it looks good, its just really fun.

From my limited playtime i' ve been pretty impressed. It' s not in the same league as Halo/2, Half Life/2 or even Black but it' s better than CoD3, even if CoD3 looks nicer

Is that really impressive?

... congrats on the kid
Nitro

RE: Mikay D Got a PS3 - Mar 18, 2007 08:52

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

Ummmm, getting good games, getting a decent online network going, price drop, ... must i go on?

Except by Friday they' ll have a great selection of games, if you don' t own a 360, ...and even then VF5, MotorStorm and Resistance.

360 had Kameo, Co2 and PGR3.

Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Mikay D Got a PS3 - Mar 18, 2007 09:17

wha?, ps3 cant playback blue ray at 720p? what about games?

Actually, the last firmware update they released fixed that. I can' t find the story after looking for 10min, but 1up and gamespot both had bits on it. From what I recall, BluRay now supports 720p playback.

For games, many use 720p. Resistance FoM, Motorstorm, COD3, NHL 2k7 etc.

You dont have a ps3
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Mikay D Got a PS3 - Mar 18, 2007 09:20
I have access to like 3
mikayd2

RE: Mikay D Got a PS3 - Mar 18, 2007 12:13

I agree there

... congrats on the kid

Ah. Well congratulations on that too!

Its a life changer I will tell ya that one. But thank you.

Oh yeah here a littile something I found about PS3 HeadSets majik if your gonna buy one then you will most likey need this guide as well.

I got the Motorola 500 works like a charm

PS3 Head Sets

Actually, the last firmware update they released fixed that. I can' t find the story after looking for 10min, but 1up and gamespot both had bits on it. From what I recall, BluRay now supports 720p playback.

Yeah its all good now 1080 p looks great taldega nights is even funnier

Sure I do if you have one lets play togther my PSN ID is MikeDaFreshOne
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 42

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message