Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 New PSP is... Go?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 38
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
New PSP is... Go? - May 31, 2009 07:40
It looks sleek.

Your thoughts on said device?

Extra: a size comparison between the Go and current handhelds.
<message edited by killemoff on May 31, 2009 07:41>
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:New PSP is... Go? - May 31, 2009 07:50
looks sexy when closed, opened up it looks kind of weird, not sure I like the slide out design, either way I wont be getting it.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:New PSP is... Go? - May 31, 2009 09:09
I just got the PSP for the first time last week, so fuck them :D i dont think ill need to get a new one unless it plays different games.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:New PSP is... Go? - May 31, 2009 09:49
Looks cheap.  If Sony can price it at 100$, they'll fly off the shelves.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
Re:New PSP is... Go? - May 31, 2009 10:04
Still No proper 2d or 3d controller.. shit..
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:New PSP is... Go? - May 31, 2009 12:56
I think the key point to remember is that this is an alternative to the PSP, not a replacement for it. If you want something smaller, lighter and robuster with an App-Store-ish digital distribution model and (in all probability) superior battery life, the Go will suit. Sony are trying to compete more directly with the iPod without abandoning the existing PSP market.

It’ll all hinge on price, of course - the PSP hardware is relatively cheap to produce at this point, and Sony needs to pass on those savings to the consumer - and on whether the PS Store can deliver a steady supply of good, relatively inexpensive downloadable games - something to rival the App Store’s output, but with less of the bargain basement shite. Hopefully they’ve been courting some of the quality iPhone/iPod developers e.g. Chillingo, Digital Chocolate.

Perhaps the biggest disappointment from my point of view is the absence of a touchscreen. Would it have driven too great a wedge between the Go and the PSP (and thus hindered efforts to transfer the latter’s software library to the former)? I’m not too fussed about the nub - the kinds of game I like to play on my PSP - Lumines, Everybody’s Golf, Monster Hunter, Disgaea - rarely require precise analogue controls.

Would welcome an absolutely first-rate D-pad, though. Handheld gaming needs more Street Fighter :p

immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:New PSP is... Go? - May 31, 2009 20:08
I refuse to buy another PSP until I get 2 analogs, something hardcore worth playing other than Chains of Olympus, and a port of MVC(1 or 2). As it stands, the DS kills the PSP in software(Castlevania, New SMB, Advance Wars, Mario Kart, Metroid Prime Hunters, Zelda, etc), where as the only games I have on my PSP are Chains of Olympus, Lumines, Metal Gear Portable Ops, and Killzone Liberation.

Maybe the next PSP(as in new hardware, not an old revision) can actually deliver something worth playing.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:New PSP is... Go? - May 31, 2009 20:22
Well, lets give killemoff a round of applause. He fixed his forum issues and contributed. +10 internets to you good sir.

/no sarcasm
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:New PSP is... Go? - Jun 01, 2009 09:07
If they bring literally the entire existing PSP catalogue to PS Store plus 3-4 new PSP/Go games a week I'll be ecstatic. Can't see it happening somehow, but Sony has rocked the dual distribution route before.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
Re:New PSP is... Go? - Jun 09, 2009 20:40
No UMD drive means no interest from me.

No wait, scratch that. I'm not opposed to carrying around two PSP units, but I'll probably wait for a redesign of this new PSP before opting to take the plunge. Heck, I still want to get one of the current PSP units with the video out option.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:New PSP is... Go? - Jun 09, 2009 22:13
Never bought the original PSP.  I would've bought one of these though if it had touch screen and more horsepower.

I didn't see the point of UMD.  Just another Sony proprietary device.  Digital distribution is the way forward though.  We'll see how their service provision and costs stack up to Apple's store.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:New PSP is... Go? - Jun 09, 2009 22:30
So, let's broaden the market with multiple products, underwhelm the buyer with a lateral step in technology, and use a product design that was ugly as fuck half a decade ago when it was originally mocked up.

Genius.
immortaldanmx

Re:New PSP is... Go? - Jun 10, 2009 01:40
Eddie_the_Hated

So, let's broaden the market with multiple products, underwhelm the buyer with a lateral step in technology, and use a product design that was ugly as fuck half a decade ago when it was originally mocked up.

Genius.

Im in the same boat on this one. I refuse to buy a portable because of all of the damn revisions and improvements. I had a Gameboy Advance back in the day, but was furious when the SP came out. I had a DS, but sold the damn thing when the DS Lite came out and never bothered to get another. And now of course we are at the DSi and PSPGo. Making existing customers feel obsolete is not a good strategy, IMO.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:New PSP is... Go? - Jun 10, 2009 03:33
Perosnally I will wait for thre psp2, the go seems nice but its a little fugly when opened and no umd is a pain for me.

The price is a little high, at most I was expecting a 200euro price point when watching the conference but at 250 its too much, this coming from a guy who bought a launch ps3, i suspect they are surprized at the psp's strength and legs in the past few months/years when virtually nothing was on offer to generate the sales, The Go! is designed more for the portable gamer in mind; its light, easy to put away, easy on battery and no discs something which I think many people will really enjoy, altough I always want a physical copy of something I bought.

The high price makes me think that since they are using DD for the games some of that money goes to service the matenice of the psn and the psn store, its not easy offering full games for download for free, I heard capcom almost didnt realse the Resi5 DLC becuase Sony charges for the use of the PSN and every download. This is prop another thing keeping the Ps3 price up, that is untill the ugly redisign and price drop around september. 
Silentbomber

Re:New PSP is... Go? - Jun 10, 2009 03:35
also did anyone see the GT:psp on Video? god damn the game graphicaly looks fantastic, it put's all other psp devs to shame. 
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:New PSP is... Go? - Jun 10, 2009 11:36
I guess I didn't consider the flash memory but that's still pretty expensive for outdated technology. They should sell it without the memory stick.

Bring on the PSP2, I can't stand these low res textures, makes my eyes bleed.   
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Jun 10, 2009 11:37>
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:New PSP is... Go? - Jun 10, 2009 15:24
I'm rarely in any situations where I would play a handheld, but if I was I wouldn't settle for anything less than 720p either.
Silentbomber

Re:New PSP is... Go? - Jun 10, 2009 16:39
most console's cant barely do 720p, give it a few years. 
immortaldanmx

Re:New PSP is... Go? - Jun 10, 2009 16:59
Silentbomber

most console's cant barely do 720p, give it a few years. 

I didnt realize the Wii was "most consoles".
Silentbomber

Re:New PSP is... Go? - Jun 11, 2009 02:52
wait for Wii HD... 
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 38

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages