Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Hideo Kojima & MGS4
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Hideo Kojima & MGS4 - Jan 09, 2006 04:13
Ok, so we all saw the MGS4 trailer displayed at E3 (did anyone get there?) and watched Kojima prove it was running in realtime in a demonstration at TGS. But what is the game going to play like?!

In a blog on the companies website a couple of weeks ago he stated that' s a new system, which he refers to under the code name of " XXXX," has been implemented in the game' s development environment. Apparently, upon seeing this new system, the Kojima Production staffers exclaimed " Aah, now this is next generation!" .

Supposedly this new system, if implemented correctly, will give the game a different flavor from Metal Gear Solid, and will " likely be an industry first.."

Now i' m seriously interested in what he' s gonna do. MGS4 looks amazing, but i keep having to remind myself that it' s just a real-time cutscene, an all MGS cutscenes look nicer than when you' re playing it.

I don' t think he' s talking about a view change, rather something to do with Snakes eyepiece. Now i know PS3 will support 2 screens and i know Metal Gear Ac!d can be played with a set of funky goggle things to make it look 3D. Could Snake see the little Otacon robo thingy from the trailer, with his right eye? Something akin to Ghost Recons HUD where you can see other team members. Perhaps Snake will use it to scout ahead.

My point is more of a question, does anyone think Kojima is planning to impliment a dual-screen display for MGS4, and if so, how?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll