Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Has EA really changed?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Has EA really changed? - Mar 18, 2008 17:07
In the past EA has swallowed and devoured numeróus talented developers including: Bullfrog, Origin and Westwood, but those are far from the only ones.

EA has been notorious for meddling with the incorporated developers, for unknown reasons the devs stopped producing quality games and the studioes were dismantled, maybe the key people in the studios didnt like feeling EA' s breath on their shoulders and left, or maybe the games werent given the funding needed to complete ambitious projects.

You can say one thing about EA, but they have never made a single ambitious game. Fifa, madden, NHL reharsh upon reharsh.

EA' s latest aquisistions, have been quick to denounce that EA is changing them in any and that John Riccitiello, who is top dog at the moment, wants things to run a bit differently in EA than they did in the past.

First it was Bioware soothing their worried fans (myself included) and now Pandemic steps up aswell.

" Yes," he said. " It says Pandemic on the box, we' ve got Pandemic email addresses and we' re making Pandemic games."

If it has changed how long will it last, what happens if Bioware or pandemic turn out a few lacklusters?

This next quote leads me to think that EA might be having a hand in things though.

Well the good news is that I am going to change our business model," he explained. " In fact we' ve been changing it for a little while.
" I' m very worried about how much money our games cost to make, I' m worried they take so long to make, I' m worried they have to have so many people working on them to make them and I' m worried the only place we can sell them is in bricks and mortar retail stores.
" A lot of that has to change and we have to find ways to make game development smaller, more flexible, faster out to retail and with more dynamic teams. We' re thinking a lot about that right now."

Smaller teams producing games faster seems like a bad idea to me.

What are your thoughts of EA, the way they have and do run their buisness. I wonder what it will do with Take Two once it has been aquired!

< Message edited by vx chemical -- 18 Mar 08 9:12:53 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message