Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Maybe we went over this kikizo popup before...
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Maybe we went over this kikizo popup before... - Apr 24, 2005 11:47

I get this popup every so often here on kikizo and I dunno whether Im supposed to click it or not. So I dont...anyone know what it is?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Maybe we went over this kikizo popup before... - Apr 24, 2005 11:53
You get a pop up preview of the Scarface game?? Wow I never get such cool pop-ups
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Maybe we went over this kikizo popup before... - Apr 24, 2005 12:33
ya ya ya joke all you want, I still need help tho :P. Thats the page I looked at when I got that related_games.asp popup thing...maybe somday out of curiosity Ill click ok but for now i just keep cancelling it.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 24 Apr 05 20:34:39 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Maybe we went over this kikizo popup before... - Apr 24, 2005 17:01
I never get that. Use the Firefox browser and make sure pop-ups are turned off as well as allowing sites to install software or change the theme of your browser, etc.

The graphics in that Scarface game look atrocious! No human being looks like that! That looks NOTHING like Al Pacino. It' s like he has weights hanging on the edges of his mouth to increase his frown. Thanks to Kikizo I now know NOT to buy this game or even think about it any more ever after I have submitted this post.

EDIT: Oh I see you are using Firefox. Hmmm... Try not using Windows.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 25 Apr 05 1:03:21 >
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Maybe we went over this kikizo popup before... - May 03, 2005 17:15
Goddamn trendy browsers and their goddamn paranoid security nonsense. Just say yes to the file, all it does is display related stories towards the bottom of articles within an iframe (hence Firefox thinks we' re trying to trojan a file into your browser that you didn' t directly request, give me a break).
Terry Bogard

RE: Maybe we went over this kikizo popup before... - May 03, 2005 18:13
Another problem with Fire Fox is that it refuses to play the site' s video files via the web browser..

So I normally use good ol Internet Explorer to watch and download the video files, at least that' s one thing ' IE' does better.
Joe Redifer

RE: Maybe we went over this kikizo popup before... - May 03, 2005 18:22
That' s a Firefox problem? I thought it was a problem with Mac compatibility. Oh well, I usually just download the files to disk anyway.

I am curious how they get 60 frames per second out of it, being that most video software records in frames and not fields, and there are only 60 fields per second. Do you de-interlace and then make each field it' s own frame?
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 4 May 05 2:23:28 >
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Maybe we went over this kikizo popup before... - May 03, 2005 19:38
You talking about any videos in particular?
How we reach magical 60 frames is a closely guarded secret. ;-)
Joe Redifer

RE: Maybe we went over this kikizo popup before... - May 03, 2005 20:55
Too bad they' re not in the superior Quicktime format, then I could really disect them.
My theory is that each frame gets played twice, but we are only seeing 30 frames per second.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 4 May 05 4:56:20 >
Joe Redifer

RE: Maybe we went over this kikizo popup before... - May 03, 2005 21:07
OK nevermind I found an app that lets me open WMV fies with the Quicktime player (it plays them soooo much smoother than the Windows Media Player) and it is definitely 60 independent images per second. Obviously each field is an image and the software you use extrapolates the fields.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 4 May 05 5:08:13 >
Terry Bogard

RE: Maybe we went over this kikizo popup before... - May 03, 2005 21:56

You talking about any videos in particular?

It' s basically happened with all of the videos I' ve tried streaming so far from various previews and reviews on the site.. Firefox won' t stream them at all, even when I let it sit for a while, BUT Internet Explorer will play them without a problem.

It could be just on my end though, others may or may not be experiencing the same thing with Firefox, which would probably mean that I wound up with the a-hole version of Firefox, lol..
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 6 May 05 0:54:53 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message