Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wall-E -- beautiful, but overrated IMO
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
Wall-E -- beautiful, but overrated IMO - Jul 22, 2008 07:03
So I finally saw Wall-E last night. It was visually stunning and as a movie very unique, but looking through some of the Rotten Tomatoes critic comments, I would also say it's a bit overrarted.  It's one of the more interesting Pixar movies but I don't think it had the charm or perfect balance of their high points like Ratatouille. I think this was down to how ambitious it was and it seemed like a struggle to stretch the premise over a full length movie. An hour movie might have been better. Anyone agree / disagree?

By the way as I mentioned over in the huge "what movies have you recently..." thread I would like to suggest we have different threads for different films / whatever else, so that people can take what they want from the Everything Else board, and so things are more organised / manageable.

I am seeing the Dark Knight tonight (yes I know it's not out in the UK yet, but come on, we're talking about Kikizo staff here). I can't wait - it sounds awesome. The European premiere was on down outside our office last night, but of course, I tend to avoid hanging around at premieres unless I can get a sniff of Natalie Portman, or unless I am invited inside (the premiere, not Natalie)... but last night I was too busy in the adjacent Empire watching Wall-E, in any case.

It's ages since I watched a movie in a proper cinema (Bourne, last year) so two in two nights is a bit mad for me...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll