Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Killzone 2 Reviews everywhere...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 32
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Killzone 2 Reviews everywhere... - Jan 30, 2009 00:08
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:Killzone 2 Reviews everywhere... - Jan 30, 2009 00:19
NnnnghmustnotspoilKikizoreviewgh.
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:Killzone 2 Reviews everywhere... - Jan 30, 2009 00:51
How about a hint in the form of an answer to this question:
Do you expect a major backlash from Xbox Fanboys or Sony Fanboys? :)

Meh I'm patient I can wait for the Kikizo reivew, when's it up anyways?
Zarathustra

• Total Posts : 140
Re:Killzone 2 Reviews everywhere... - Jan 30, 2009 03:33
My honest opinion is that it won't sell good due to the lack of "being well known as a title"- compared to that of the other games being sold. Just my 2 cents.
_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
Re:Killzone 2 Reviews everywhere... - Jan 30, 2009 09:27
The EU embargo was up yesterday. The fact that Kikizo's review isn't up says volumes.
Edwin

Re:Killzone 2 Reviews everywhere... - Jan 30, 2009 09:37
A couple of sites - Eurogamer, principally - had early exclusivity on Killzone 2 reviews in the UK. Ours will go live, along with the majority of UK reviews, on Monday at 5pm.

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200901/killzone-2-reviews-coming-february-2.asp

Sony has made different arrangements for different regions, and naturally print and/or "official" reviewers get first dibs.
_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
Re:Killzone 2 Reviews everywhere... - Jan 30, 2009 09:53
The embargo wasn't brought forward? Hahaha... then a shitload of sites have just broken it and posted their reviews online regardless.

Oh well, it's not like i read reviews anywhere other than Eurogamer anyway ;)
Edwin

Re:Killzone 2 Reviews everywhere... - Jan 30, 2009 14:33
I wouldn't call it a "shitload" - in the UK, only Eurogamer and print mags have stepped up :)

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/killzone2?q=killzone%202

I wonder who, if anybody, is going to be the first to venture below 9/10? (Hint: it isn't us).
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Killzone 2 Reviews everywhere... - Jan 30, 2009 14:51
Just from the IGN review I know its a 3. "The guns require some getting used to." That's the same reason Gears and Resistance are garbage. Slow moving projectiles, even on machine gun. Guns should feel like guns, I shouldnt have to lead a target at 10ft., which is something that everyone other than Infinity Ward seems to fail to grasp.
Edwin

Re:Killzone 2 Reviews everywhere... - Jan 30, 2009 15:03
As far as I'm familiar with the operation of real firearms, the bullets in KZ2 seem pretty realistic. Leading targets isn't required, except with rocket launchers and the like.
immortaldanmx

Re:Killzone 2 Reviews everywhere... - Jan 30, 2009 17:12
Edwin

As far as I'm familiar with the operation of real firearms, the bullets in KZ2 seem pretty realistic. Leading targets isn't required, except with rocket launchers and the like.

Hmmm, would you say the same of Gears or Resistance?
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Killzone 2 Reviews everywhere... - Jan 30, 2009 17:44
immortaldanmx

Edwin

you don't need to lead in gears unless you're playing with extreme lag.  

immortaldanmx

Re:Killzone 2 Reviews everywhere... - Jan 30, 2009 20:28
locopuyo

immortaldanmx

Edwin

Is there any other condition for Gears online?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Killzone 2 Reviews everywhere... - Jan 30, 2009 20:35
Jeeez... Post something about reviews, and not even provide an aggregate.[:P]

Guess I'll have to pick up your light work:

Playstation Official Magazine Australia
I'll say it again: Killzone 2 is the best console first person shooter ever. It will be bested one day, and that is as it should be, but this game has set the proverbial bar so high we reckon it'll be the king for a good long while... Hail to the king, baby. [Feb 2009, p.66]

GamePro
It took a long time for Killzone 2 to finally come out, but after diving head first into the game, there's no doubt in my mind that it lives up to the hype and is a must-play for FPS fans. [Mar 2009, p.70]

Playstation: The Official Magazine (US)
It's true that Killzone 2 is filled with moments that can handily be described as inspiring awe. Each scene is incredibly well detailed, from the gaps in jerry-rigged cover points letting you sneak in a killing headshot to scarred and scratched textures, the planet feels entirely believable... Without a doubt Killzone fans, action and shooter fans of any stripe will instantly tag this sequel as a powerful contender for best game of 2009. [Feb 2009, p.38]

Eurogamer Portugal
Killzone 2 is without a doubt the high point for a project in videogaming. Believable, safe, coherent and above all, brilliant in its execution. A must-have for all those who love this art, especially for those in need of breathtaking experiences, where the different senses are laid on the table.

MEGamers
Killzone 2’s secret ingredient is the fluidity in gameplay that we have come to enjoy more than its graphical prowess or jaw-dropping visuals. And that’s what games have always been about... We're surprised to see Killzone 2 blows our expectations out of the water with a memorable SP campaign and a stellar MP component. To put it short, this game makes "Gears of War 2" look like a high school attempt at gaming and that is a HUGE compliment!

Meristation
Killzone 2 rises from the ashes of the E3 2005 trailer to prove itself as even better; the most outstanding, immersive and technologically advanced first person shooter available for any console on the market. The dark and grim world created by Guerrilla hosts a crude conflict on Helghast soil, divided in 10 acts packed with a variety of situations portrayed with an epic tone. With a polished enemy AI, a huge multiplayer, a well balanced and powerful arsenal, 7.1 sound, great voice acting among some other strong points, few complaints can be made; only the lack of coop and some roughness in the allied AI. The rest is faithful and loyal to the promise Guerrilla made 4 years ago. Mission accomplished.

Gameplayer
Killzone 2 is a stunning game best suited for FPS aficionados, rabid graphics whores, and all proud Ps3 owners in general. Guerrilla Games have stepped up to the plate and delivered very comparable results to “that preview video” that blew our collective minds in 2005. Using Guerrilla’s proprietary ‘deferred rendering engine’ Killzone 2 squeezes a lot more juice out of the Ps3 than anything we’ve seen thus far.

InsideGamer.nl
The great graphics, the very smart AI, the mind-blowing physics and the multiplayer mode you can play for months combined make Killzone 2 a true FPS-classic.

IGN
The single-player experience is a truly enjoyable campaign across the Helghast home world that will test your skills, particularly on the higher difficulty levels, and the game simply looks phenomenal for a console shooter. But perhaps the strongest segment of the game is the extremely deep multiplayer, which gives seven basic classes with which you can create your own customized super-soldier after performing your class-specific duties.

IGN AU
Outstanding. It is consistent in every respect and is testament to the talents of the developer as well as the power of the PS3 in the hands of a team that knows how to use the hardware - and who have the full support of Sony behind them. In the same stroke, it is not the be all and end all of console shooters, or even shooters on the PS3.

Playstation Official Magazine UK
Visually it's so far ahead of anything else out there it shatters your expectations...This is a PS3 showing what it's truly capable of and delivering a landmark piece of explosive entertainment you can't afford to miss. [Feb 2009, p.88]

EuroGamer
Killzone 2 is a taut and muscular game, a shooter that gives back more than you put in, provided you have the intestinal fortitude. It may take its time revealing its true depths and pleasures, but the journey is well worth taking. Between Killzone 2's unforgiving grit and Resistance 2's alien-bursting excess, the PS3 finally has both ends of the shooter spectrum covered in grand style.

Level7.nu
Technically it's a masterpiece with unparalleled graphics. Online it's only beaten by "Call of Duty Modern Warfare." The campaign is a bit short, but there are some really impressive scenes that I just wished were longer. Overall it's one of the best games in recent years and the most impressive-looking game ever.

Somebody with a street copy: Monster closets?

mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Killzone 2 Reviews everywhere... - Jan 30, 2009 22:49

EuroGamer
Killzone 2 is a taut and muscular game, a shooter that gives back more than you put in, provided you have the intestinal fortitude. It may take its time revealing its true depths and pleasures, but the journey is well worth taking. Between Killzone 2's unforgiving grit and Resistance 2's alien-bursting excess, the PS3 finally has both ends of the shooter spectrum covered in grand style.
Only review relevant to me.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
Re:Killzone 2 Reviews everywhere... - Jan 30, 2009 23:08
Nice cap eddie I can't wait to play this bad boy.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Killzone 2 Reviews everywhere... - Jan 30, 2009 23:45
immortaldanmx

locopuyo

immortaldanmx

Edwin

Is there any other condition for Gears online?

They rarely lag for me. I had that problem on my shitty college internet for Gears 1 and it wasn't worth playing like that.  But at least it is obvious you are lagging.  Playing Halo and COD on a shitty connection you just think you suck at the game until you realize you're lagging like hell.  

mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Killzone 2 Reviews everywhere... - Jan 31, 2009 05:37

Playing Halo and COD on a shitty connection you just think you suck at the game until you realize you're lagging like hell.  
Had you said this 3 hours ago, I would have made fun of you. I was in a party of about 6 people(all from my area) and we were getting host every round with a really good connection, but then a few people got off. My first 3 rounds I went 14-0, 12-1, and 18-4. After that I played 3 more where I went 5-4, 9-6, and 4-8. On my screen I was pumping DP bullets into the guys chest, but on the kill cam it didn't even register.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Killzone 2 Reviews everywhere... - Jan 31, 2009 07:33
Yay! now i can hopefully afford to buy all the games i want in the future.

I hopefully landed a new job, just have to get cleared by Secret Service first, but that shouldnt be a problem, since im a good boy :)

I should be getting atleast around 2000$ more a month :)
<message edited by Vx Chemical on Jan 31, 2009 07:37>
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:Killzone 2 Reviews everywhere... - Jan 31, 2009 07:42
Vx Chemical

Yay! now i can hopefully afford to buy all the games i want in the future.

I hopefully landed a new job, just have to get cleared by Secret Service first, but that shouldnt be a problem, since im a good boy :)

I should be getting atleast around 2000$ more a month :)

Congrats, bro!  Is KZ2 gonna be your first purchase with all this new found wealth?!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 32

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message