Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 One Cool Robot
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
One Cool Robot - May 20, 2008 09:12
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: One Cool Robot - May 20, 2008 09:49
Holy fuc.k at 00.35 when he kicks it!

Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: One Cool Robot - May 20, 2008 12:00
jeez...
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: One Cool Robot - May 20, 2008 18:23
Thats insane, dont know why, maybe its because its life like, it freaked me out a bit, lol. Reminded me of something from half-life.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: One Cool Robot - May 20, 2008 18:47
The legs on it look like the ones on the MGS4 robots ...
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: One Cool Robot - May 20, 2008 22:47
Damn. That ice part is really impressive. Balance is one of the hardest things to get right in robotics.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: One Cool Robot - May 21, 2008 03:07

The legs on it look like the ones on the MGS4 robots ...

I immediately thougth of the robots from MGS4 too.

Other cool robots:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=jkft2qaKv_o
This one solves rubik' s cubes.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=eBGIQ7ZuuiU
Jules from Hanson Robotics, able to converse with humans.
< Message edited by agent ghost -- 20 May 08 19:08:25 >
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: One Cool Robot - May 21, 2008 03:32
The Really scary thing about it is, its being Back by the Defense Advanced Research Project Agency..

The future US army could just will be Like something out of MGS,,

Edit: Arghh Fuck i got Rickrolled.
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 20 May 08 19:37:49 >
Agent Ghost

RE: One Cool Robot - May 21, 2008 03:57
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=OFpxi3Tbujk&feature=related

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=ysU56JzBjTY&feature=related

Thats the real links I described in my last post .

There are a few other ones showcasing it.
< Message edited by agent ghost -- 20 May 08 19:59:26 >
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: One Cool Robot - May 22, 2008 01:58
Wow. Honestly all these robots freak me the hell out! When he kicked that sh*t I thought it was gonna attack his azz!

Seriously, though, these are awesome advancements, and I' ve been waiting for the day when someone developed something that could traverse some formidable terrain. Also, the development of AI is interesting, but I don' t believe the two should be mixed.

I feel when AI becomes real and cognizant of itself, it should be liberated, or it becomes slavery.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: One Cool Robot - May 22, 2008 07:27
Any AI that becomes self-aware will probably figure out a way to liberate itself whether people want it to or not!
Chee Saw

RE: One Cool Robot - May 22, 2008 14:12
That' s what I' m sayin' ! That' s why you don' t give it control over a physical form, like that movie Stealth (which I didn' t see, but I' m just sayin' )! Or Terminator, or 2001, or any number of other movies.

Of course, nobody know what route this would take if it actually happens. Maybe we' ll build a new species, and be comrades.

Eh, who am I kidding? We all need to be killed, anyways!
Agent Ghost

RE: One Cool Robot - May 22, 2008 14:29
The first true atificial AI won' t be inside a biped robot, it will be confined in a supercomputer with speciallized hardware that takes the space of a building. That' s if we ever reach this point.

We have the proccessing power to make AI, but the factor that we lack is memory. We need something in the area of billions of times what we currently have both in terms of quantity and bandwidth. I think this is physically impossible using current development proccesses. But who knows what kind of crazy shit we' ll come up with next. Of course then you need genius programmers to make everything work. I would imagine that an advanced AI would have been procedurally programmed by other programs.

A video on a guy who compares the human brain with computer chips, he talks about the future of AI.

http://www.ted.com/talks/view/id/125

I love the site.
< Message edited by agent ghost -- 22 May 08 6:30:54 >
Phoenix|Slash

• Total Posts : 134
RE: One Cool Robot - May 22, 2008 18:07
That' s just freaky 0.O
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: One Cool Robot - May 23, 2008 12:14
I doubt we would have AI as powerful as those in Terminator movies anytime soon . The AI researchers in the early 70s and 80s predicted that we would be having intelligent machines/programs by 2000 and worked with that goal in mind . We all know what happened . Due to lack of results the AI research spread out into more disciplines like NLP , speech recognition etc . The lack of focus is probably the reason we wont see anything as dramatic as AI in terminator anytime soon .. John McCarthy ( the dude is synonymous with AI ) once said that the machines in the 70s were powerful enough for us to have good AI if only we knew how to program them .
Chee Saw

RE: One Cool Robot - May 23, 2008 18:22
I think that some sort of A.I. may grow on the internet. Kinda like Ghost in the Shell (G.I.T.S.), where it starts out as some government snooping program and becomes self aware. You could look at the internet itself as a brain. Talk about storage space! Hell, there' s already a plethora of information already stored out there, with TONS of more room.

Terminator 3 also touched on this concept. They were trying to stop the A.I. in that movie, but once it was in the " wild" it became impossible. I think they borrowed that idea from G.I.T.S. anyway. Shirow Masamune was so ahead of his time with GITS, that he had the A.I. do a 360 and want to merge with a human! Damn, I love that movie!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll