Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Playstation Repair/Region Compatibility
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Playstation Repair/Region Compatibility - Jun 10, 2006 06:58
This is a very specific question regarding ps2 parts, and their region compatibility. So if you have any knowlege whatsoever, i' d be really grateful for it. I' ve tried all my friends in the repair buisness, but they get their parts locally, so they don' t know anything about overseas parts.

I' m in the process of repairing a particularly tricky playstation 2. It' s a scph 5001 model, and the port for the
memory card & controller socket is broken. I' ve tried repairing it, but I' ve finally decided to pay the $12.99 a new one. So here' s my big question.

Could I Install a European controller socket on an american PS2? Dumb question i know, but I' d rather ask about it now then when i' m 12.99 short.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Playstation Repair/Region Compatibility - Jun 10, 2006 07:03
I dont know much about this, but I suspect you could as you can plug in forign memory cards no problem to the extend of my knowledge, I know I can play u.s games and save them on my [pal] Memory card, so I think controllers and Memory cards are universal. But dont go and break your Bank Balance with that heafty charge with my advice, I dont want to be responable for your life falling apart!
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Playstation Repair/Region Compatibility - Jun 10, 2006 07:05

I dont want to be responable for your life falling apart!

Too late Silentbomber, JR. High, and gaming sucked away my life as i knew it, quite sad really.
< Message edited by Eddie_the_Hated -- 9 Jun 06 23:06:42 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Playstation Repair/Region Compatibility - Jun 10, 2006 07:19
Dont be sad, Think of it this way, would you have liked to go through life without playing games?

Getting too caught up with them and not enjoying other pleasures in life is whats sad. But i assume you dont spend 12hours a day leveling up your level 40 Wow drawf.

God I hate MMO' s
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Playstation Repair/Region Compatibility - Jun 11, 2006 01:05
Nah, definately glad I had gaming, It' s the Jr. High that really screwed me over. Sigh, if it wasn' t for Crash: Warped, I think I' d have died.

As for the crazy MMO people, I feel bad for them. Myself, I played 4 minutes of the original Everquest when i was nine, and then left it because my brother had my Gameboy with my copy of Mario still in it. I think I might have played a little WoW once, but i don' t even care enough to remember what it was like. I had to pull my friend from it though, it was sucking away his life. I asked him if he' d rather have a gamer girlfriend, or an epic mount... You can guess which one he chose.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll