Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 CryEngine3 for PC, 360, PS3
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
CryEngine3 for PC, 360, PS3 - Mar 14, 2009 16:48
Joystiq

Um, yay, I guess? I dont know why I'd want shitty performance(relative to the resources it uses) on my consoles too, but Im sure some people are excited.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:CryEngine3 for PC, 360, PS3 - Mar 14, 2009 20:12
I told you so.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:CryEngine3 for PC, 360, PS3 - Mar 14, 2009 21:17
You mother fuckers....  The proof that CryEngine is more capable than the UT3 engine will come when the graphics of the Cry3 game trumps UT3 graphically.  Not a little bit, I mean totally annihilates.  Its easy for some poor rodent to cry about the inefficiency of Crysis on their shitbox PC but its completely different when the hardware is static.  I only mention UT3 because Loco has a hard on for it, it doesn't deserve mention otherwise.  Nothing comes close to Crysis graphically.  If you dissagree, you're wrong. 

Fuck you and goodnight. 

And there's my drunken rant.  It you have any comments or complaints feel free to foward any concernes to:
 gofuckyourself@hotmail.ca

Have a nice day.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:CryEngine3 for PC, 360, PS3 - Mar 15, 2009 00:20

You mother fuckers....  The proof that CryEngine is more capable than the UT3 engine will come when the graphics of the Cry3 game trumps UT3 graphically.  Not a little bit, I mean totally annihilates.  Its easy for some poor rodent to cry about the inefficiency of Crysis on their shitbox PC but its completely different when the hardware is static.  I only mention UT3 because Loco has a hard on for it, it doesn't deserve mention otherwise.  Nothing comes close to Crysis graphically.  If you dissagree, you're wrong. 

Fuck you and goodnight. 

And there's my drunken rant.  It you have any comments or complaints feel free to foward any concernes to:

Have a nice day.

I would imagine that when this happens they will unveil UE4 which will rape Cry Engine sideways.
immortaldanmx

Re:CryEngine3 for PC, 360, PS3 - Mar 15, 2009 02:39
mastachefbkw

Fuck you and goodnight. 

Have a nice day.

I would imagine that when this happens they will unveil UE4 which will rape Cry Engine sideways.

And not run at 20FPS on top of the line hardware.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:CryEngine3 for PC, 360, PS3 - Mar 15, 2009 20:00
I dunno if we can get any more out of the 360/ps3 that is leagues beyond what we have already have seen.

I am not saying that the consoles have hit their graphical limit, but I dont think there is much more left to work with, Cryengine3 sounds intresting, much like id's Rage I guess, I am Looking forward to gdc/e3 to see what these engines are capable of. 
Gamer

• Total Posts : 160
Re:CryEngine3 for PC, 360, PS3 - Mar 15, 2009 23:25
They made this engine with consoles in mind, so its obviously not going to run at a shitty frame rate.  If anything it'll have to run at 30fps, but I wouldn't be surprised to see developers using it at 60.
locopuyo

Re:CryEngine3 for PC, 360, PS3 - Mar 16, 2009 00:01
Gamer

They made this engine with consoles in mind, so its obviously not going to run at a shitty frame rate.  If anything it'll have to run at 30fps, but I wouldn't be surprised to see developers using it at 60.

Um thanks for your input but I don't think you udnerstand how it works.  It can run at any framerate they want it to.  If they put more detail in the graphics it slows down the frame rate, if they take detail out it increases the framerate.  

Cryengine sucks balls for optimization any game using it will look like shit compared to Gears 2 and run at a slower framerate.  It is nothing to be ashamed of, everyone is a nub compared to Tim Sweeney.

Gamer

• Total Posts : 160
Re:CryEngine3 for PC, 360, PS3 - Mar 16, 2009 07:37
I'm aware of how a graphics engine works, I meant that i'm sure they'll find a way to utilize most of the engines potential while still maintaining a decent framerate.  Of course it'll run better on a very high end pc, but i'm fairly confident that any game using that engine will look superior to anything we've seen yet.
locopuyo

Re:CryEngine3 for PC, 360, PS3 - Mar 16, 2009 08:02
Where are you getting this confidence from lol, Crysis performs like shit on xbox 360 equivalent hardware.
immortaldanmx

Re:CryEngine3 for PC, 360, PS3 - Mar 16, 2009 08:07
Loco
Where are you getting this confidence from lol, Crysis performs like shit on xbox 360 equivalent hardware.

That might also have to do with Crytek being a near incompetent developer who makes games for hardware that isnt out yet.

Gamer

I'm aware of how a graphics engine works, I meant that i'm sure they'll find a way to utilize most of the engines potential while still maintaining a decent framerate.  Of course it'll run better on a very high end pc, but i'm fairly confident that any game using that engine will look superior to anything we've seen yet.

I honestly doubt it'll look that different from the PC. Consoles have a higher graphic fidelity return per resources used. For example, DOOM 3 for the original XBox. Whats basically a Pentium III with 64MB of RAM played what was the equivalent of the PC version on low, but did it at a quarter of the resources.

In before rant about how PC gaming is superior.
<message edited by immortaldanmx on Mar 16, 2009 08:10>
Silentbomber

Re:CryEngine3 for PC, 360, PS3 - Mar 16, 2009 12:50
you cant directly compare the specs of pc and console games, for example while a pc might have 4gb of ram its not entirely there for the game to use unlike a consoles ram etc. 
immortaldanmx

Re:CryEngine3 for PC, 360, PS3 - Mar 16, 2009 13:41
Silentbomber

you cant directly compare the specs of pc and console games, for example while a pc might have 4gb of ram its not entirely there for the game to use unlike a consoles ram etc.

That was the point I was trying to make. That PC's do less with more.
_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
Re:CryEngine3 for PC, 360, PS3 - Mar 16, 2009 17:20
CryEngine doesn't automatically means Crysis... but even if that's what they're bringing to consoles they're zero possibility that'll it'll retain the geometrical scope and visual fidelity of it's PC counterpart sans resolution.

That being said, they scaled a ton of stuff back for Warhead so that it'd appear to run better on PC's and it doesn't look all that different. Killzone 2 is stunning, besting Crysis in a number of areas (relatively speaking), but Crysis isn't a corridor shooter, and it doesn't have the kind of invisible walls that you find in games like CoD4. Ubisoft kinda managed it with Far Cry 2... but Far Cry 2 looks like shit compared to Crysis. I guess we'll see what Crytek are actually capable of on fixed hardware. 

Hopefully it looks badass and runs well. At least then non-PC gamers will be able to see why Crysis is fuck-awesome! 
_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
Re:CryEngine3 for PC, 360, PS3 - Mar 23, 2009 22:02
...and so we have it... CryEngine 3.0 and what certainly appears to be the console version of a Crysis game running on Xbox 360 hardware. Well, they've used an area from Crysis (where it looks like the background may be prerendered) and some other similar outdoor locales... but some of the other environments are obviously just for demonstration of the engine. The video isn't HD so it's unfair to really comment but it's clear that at this stage some bits are far better than others.

I don't like the new model for the assault rifle although it's likely to be far from final and i wish they had implimented proper bullet effects as opposed to having the assualt rifle model fire grenades. I guess it kinda looks like the PC version on medium settings (very high being the highest). I guess we'll have to wait longer for a better idea of where they're taking it.
Silentbomber

Re:CryEngine3 for PC, 360, PS3 - Mar 24, 2009 01:30
dosent look ground braking but I will wait and see better videos showing off the engine, the framerate did seem a litte choppy though. 
rockdude69

• Total Posts : 22
Re:CryEngine3 for PC, 360, PS3 - Mar 24, 2009 04:24
they call it the cryengine because you will cry when you see it running (like emo fags car)
immortaldanmx

Re:CryEngine3 for PC, 360, PS3 - Mar 24, 2009 05:23
rockdude69

they call it the cryengine because you will cry when you see it running (like emo fags car)

Are you still bitter that he's old enough to drive?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll