Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 ids Back!
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
ids Back! - Aug 04, 2007 23:49
RAGE is a new IP From id Software, seems to be set in ' Madmax' Style world, has bits of gritty ' motorstorm' style racing (maybe this is your standard way of getting around? very cool!).. Use' s ids New factor 5 engine, so should look the shit and run 60 FPS on most PC' s.

I wanna see more. Im a big fan of their Games, they alway nail that - Fun, yet deep gameplay like no other out there..id don' t make games to be average.

Edit.
Link would help..
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 4 Aug 07 15:50:54 >
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: ids Back! - Aug 04, 2007 23:55
All right... another attempt at the troubled genre of automotive combat. I want it to be great.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: ids Back! - Aug 05, 2007 01:51
60fps?

For those that want to cap their framerate so it matches their refresh rate maybe.

Me? I want to play this motherfukker at 82fps!
Papado

• Total Posts : 234
RE: ids Back! - Aug 05, 2007 02:13
Yeah, id definitely don' t make games to be average... unless you count Doom 3 and Quake 4. Also, I believe they should just wait and release Quake Wars with this new engine, as right now it' s not looking very impressive.
Virtua fighter 5

RE: ids Back! - Aug 05, 2007 05:04

60fps?

For those that want to cap their framerate so it matches their refresh rate maybe.

Me? I want to play this motherfukker at 82fps!

True say!

Also, I believe they should just wait and release Quake Wars with this new engine, as right now it' s not looking very impressive.

Ive yet to even see the game in action.. if you count the poor quality video' s flying around.. i suppose it' s more about it' s gameplay but they always can do a mod-version for the Factor 5 engine later down the line and if QW passes the gameplay / popularity test.

This engine should translate well to 360 / PS3.. so things could get interesting if it gets released to other developers.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: ids Back! - Aug 05, 2007 05:09
IGN ARTICLE

" Since the majority of Carmack' s pre-keynote presentation was focused around Tech 5 details on Rage are still pretty slim, but first footage of the game was shown, and we can confirm that it' s an Unreal-esk battle racing title that looks to team arcade, track-based racing with not only vehicle combat, but also on-foot gameplay.

Carmack described the design as " 50% run-n-gun, with a significant aspect of driving and action." Also, the game is said to have a full adventure component, as players can earn money from races and put it towards building up their vehicles."

Sounds... confusing
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: ids Back! - Aug 05, 2007 05:12
Sounds Jak III

But FPS!
< Message edited by dionysius -- 4 Aug 07 21:12:28 >
Virtua fighter 5

RE: ids Back! - Aug 05, 2007 05:59
thanks for the info ginjirou, it does sound alittle confusing.. let' s hope Mr carmmack hasn' t lost it.. Man that video looks soo Total recall..
Virtua fighter 5

RE: ids Back! - Aug 05, 2007 07:35

This engine should translate well to 360 / PS3.. so things could get interesting if it gets released to other developers.

I was right:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23177.aspx
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: ids Back! - Aug 05, 2007 10:09

Carmack described the design as " 50% run-n-gun, with a significant aspect of driving and action." Also, the game is said to have a full adventure component, as players can earn money from races and put it towards building up their vehicles."
Well, at least he' s not trying to butter up the crowd with false hopes of plot!
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: ids Back! - Aug 06, 2007 10:17
Carmac is teh " New Hotness" !

...ok, maybe not, but that Factor 5 engine looks pretty sweet. He definitely made it sound like it' s going to revolutionize something!

So what do we know about this " Rage" game?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll