Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Which snatches up more $$$?
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
Which snatches up more $$$? - Sep 18, 2004 07:32
Hmm...I just asked myself a question: Which snatches up more $$$? Movies at the theatre or their replica in stores on VHS and DVD?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Which snatches up more $$$? - Sep 18, 2004 14:59
Depends on the movie...

A movie like Spiderman 2 did VERY well at the theaters, and has or will do very well at home.

A movie like Gigli did horribly at the theaters, and there was no way it was going to sell well at home...and from what I heard, it sold like cr**!!!

Quality sells...

Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: Which snatches up more $$$? - Sep 18, 2004 16:08
Good movies sell good both at home and theatres, (&@%%! movies suck both in theaters AND at home. Now, let' s look in perspective of a popular movie. If a popular movie did good in theatres, will its replica make more or less $$$ on VHS and DVD?
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Which snatches up more $$$? - Sep 20, 2004 00:43
A much bigger deal seems to be made about how much money a film makes in the cinema over how much a film makes on DVD or Video. Even though the DVD' s and Video' s are sold for more than the price of a cinema ticket I' m willing to bet a significant number of people don' t bother buying a film after seeing it on the big screen.
NukeouT

• Total Posts : 40
RE: Which snatches up more $$$? - Sep 21, 2004 04:37
It depends (like a video game) on its replay value. If you get a movie like ' Sixth Sense" you wach it once and when you know what happens youll never really want to see it again. Then you have movies like " Matrix" , " Dark City" , " 5th Element" , " Starwars" , " Independance Day" (the one with aliens -1997). Which keep showing up with different tidbits and new meanings the more you wach them. Same goes for books that have lasted through time, and video games with replay value. Like comparing Arcanum to Medal Of Honor: Allied Assult. Sure you can play once or twice throug straight foreward levels of invisable walls. Where the weapons and soldiers are exactly in the same spot. Or you could play Arcanum 200 times for the same entertaiment because every time all the enemies, loot and quests chainge around, plus get further mixed up in usfullness depending on what various atributes you set up your adventurer with. In the end, by older DVDs, when you already know whats on it and still wanna see it for 5$. But stockpiling usless VCS & DVDs like my dad is not the way to go..

JOLLY acorns! Willy has just seen Independance Day a record 67 times!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll