Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 39
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 06, 2006 06:07
This game (BLACK) is just sooooo O V E R H Y P E D.

Guns? People at Criterion say they made guns very well and that guns are the main characters of this game.Cool , however even games like killzone have weapons done much better and reload much better plus shoot much better.

Gameplay? Typical EA quality - not too low ,not too high(destruction is nice but feels very ...artificial and unreal mostly)

Graphics? - GOOD -that' s it.Very smooth framerate (but it shouldn' t suffer since the visual side isn' t based on eyecandy).

Huge dissapointment for me , but to say the game is bad is a misunderstanding - it really is good, just don' t expect it to be the best FPP ever (not even the best fpp for PS2).
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 6 Feb 06 22:07:22 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 06, 2006 06:09
So I take it you' re not looking forward to the sequel, WHITE?
]GaNgStA[

RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 06, 2006 07:45
Actually I loved the prequel where they introduced both characters (BLACK & WHITE) - the title was IKARUGA :)

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 06, 2006 09:04
Actually you may be speaking a little too early. The indications were, originally, that it was just a mindless blaster with a weak plot. It isn' t.

You can' t tell much from the demo, but the best way to understand what i' m saying is to read this...

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/684/684658p1.aspx

But to say that Killzone has better modelled weapons, i don' t get that. Nothing on PS2 has weapons as good as these...

Random cartridge ejection, accurate weight/size modelling, superb steel & wood textures, ...it' s all in there.

It' s definately going to be a good game.
]GaNgStA[

RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 06, 2006 19:33
not better modeled weapons - they' ve put much more time into making weapons than guys from EA (it is clear the moment you play it)

I don' t need your screenshots :) - I played it - it didn' t look that good , not on PS2

IGN gives into the hype very often.

All I' m saying that all the good things I heard about it are not true.
I' m not even waiting for it anymore.
Nitro

RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 06, 2006 20:22
Maybe not on your SDTV they don' t look like that. I on the otherhand was blown away by what they' ve managed to get out of PS2 as far as Black is concerned. Killzone sucked, plain and simple. The one time supposed ' Halo Killer' turned out to be a decent looking but rubbish to play shooter.

The weapons in Black are virtual replicas of actual guns, the weapons in Killzone arent. While i can kina see you point about them putting more effort in, they had to because the weapons in Killzone don' t exist. You' ve seen most of the weapons portrayed in Black 100 times over in different games, the Rainbow Six games for example.

The simple fact of the matter is that Black ' looks' , ' feels' , ' handles' and ' plays' better than Killzone does. Don' t get me wrong, Killzones art direction was unbelievably good, far surpassing even Halos' , but it wasn' t put into play anywhere near how it could have been.

Anyway, PS2 looks like it may be getting Killzone 2 before 3 is released for PS3 so perhaps that will be a better game.

Killzone

Black

Which demo did you play by the way?
]GaNgStA[

RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 07, 2006 06:12

The simple fact of the matter is that Black ' looks' , ' feels' , ' handles' and ' plays' better than Killzone does
The simple fact of the matter is that Black ' looks' , ' feels' , ' handles' and ' plays' better than Killzone does

It looks OK , FEELS nice when you walk and aim , handles WELL and PLays OK - forget about killzone (yes I know this game lacked in a lot of areas) for a minute - what I' m saying about Black is " IT ISN' t the FPS REVOLUTION they claim it to be"

It' s got EA written all over it - it' s bad or good depending on who you ask.
Nitro

RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 07, 2006 08:12
It has EA on the title screen and probably on the box.

It' s supposed to be fun (which it is..in droves!)

It' s a Criterion game and they pretty much perfected particle effects on PS2 (as seen in their other game ' Burnout Revenge' ).

It' s been built up as the media and people have garnered their expectations from that. Ok so saying that the guns are the main characters makes the game sound shallow, but i' ll reserve my judgement until i play the full thing through. I' m intrigued by the whole ' it' s actually more like CoD2 than a mindless blaster' thing.

There are only a couple of good fps' on PS2 (Timesplitters: Future Perfect is rubbish), with the best in my book being Timesplitters 2, Darkwatch and Project Snowblind. BLACK looks like it' s going to be better than any of them.

Different strokes i guess..
]GaNgStA[

RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 07, 2006 20:16
Darkwatch was a cool game - I finished it on Xbox - I think it' s much more fun than shit like Far Cry - that game is so uncool to play - those looks won' t save it in my eyes.(it actually is very good until you get a weapon :) )
Nitro

RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 07, 2006 21:05
Far Cry: Instincts does look nice, and it' s a huge game but the physics are terrible. I enjoyed the original version of PC and i' ll likely get Far Cry: Predator on 360 and hope it' s better than the Xbox version..

It looks ok. Here' s hoping that this is an early build and it' ll loom even better after they' ve optimized it for the hardware.

Darkwatch was great, i hope they do another..

Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 11, 2006 07:23
...i really want this game to be good..

...but..

..lots of people who have played the 4 minute demo say it' s more or less all hype...

..and there' s no blood in it... ...what' s the point in making a game supposedly about hyper real, real-world weapons, if they don' t produce any red stuff in enemies?....

...stupid...

..i was just beginning to get excited about this game too... ...the guys at Criterion seem so confident in their ability to accurately simulate real-world guns..

..so what has gone wrong?..
Nitro

RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 11, 2006 07:26
Goldeneye and the Perfect Dark games don' t have blood in them...

]GaNgStA[

RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 11, 2006 07:55
WRONG

Perfect Dark was one of the bloodiest games of it' s time - blood stays on walls , doors and it looks amazing.

But the point is right - Goldeneye and PD 64 had incredible animations that made you feel those bullets packed in your enemies.

Blood isn' t the thing responsible for gameplay - but it sure as hell is a welcomed addition.The " bullets-character" interaction is what makes you feel like you really killed somebody ...shit they could lock me up for this :)
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 11 Feb 06 0:12:31 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 11, 2006 08:01
Apprently Gangsta is a noob,who think the game is overhyped,i mean the game is so popular in the media how can it not be hyped right then?(using his extremly dumb arguments).
]GaNgStA[

RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 11, 2006 08:10
That would mean you don' t know what HYPE is.

When someone says he' s going to revolutionise the FPP genre and make the Burnout of FPP games - that' s hype

if the game can' t live up to it - then it makes it an overhyped game

If I were you I' d try making more sense when it comes to language itself - you don' t even bother to be understandable in most of your posts.

It Doesn' t matter if some fool calls me a noob - it would mean more if someone actually respected you here ...I mean at least a bit.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 11, 2006 08:14
" IF the game cant live up to it" that is up to the players opinions.
They promised a revolutionze experience with dq8 that used cell shading,and Abo did not get it,and then he was wrong by your thoughts,once again you make no sense.
Nitro

RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 11, 2006 08:16
Quez, ...you' re wierd!
Bishonen

RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 11, 2006 08:20
...actually, having just checked 20 of IGN' s QUICKTIME movies, the guns do seem to be very well done....

...but..

...why the same old same old?....

...apart from the UZI, (fantastic) and maybe the MP5, the rest seem... ...boring..?

.....i just hope the game has a large number of varied weapons available to the user...

...the lack of blood will always be missed... ..and I' m sure Goldeneye and PD would have been even better if the creators had paid more attention to such realism...
]GaNgStA[

RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 11, 2006 08:40

Goldeneye and PD would have been even better if the creators had paid more attention to such realism...

in that case you should play goldeneye to see how cool it is and then check PD to see that it' s not better thanks to blood , but just as awesome- but the realism is always welcomed - especially if it' s red :)

" IF the game cant live up to it" that is up to the players opinions.

Yes - and I' m a player who' ve played the game you fool.

I haven' t heard anyone saying about revolutionizing DQ - but it is a huge step(graphics) after dated looks of DQ7.

He' s not weird - he' s a fuckin retard - and for them it' s completely normal.
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 11 Feb 06 0:44:33 >
Bishonen

RE: I' ve just finished BLACK demo for the 3rd time and ... - Feb 13, 2006 22:21
... hmmm.. *after more video scrutiny*

...visually this game is very impressive...

...but.. ..blood.. ..maybe it' s just the vampire in me but...

...can you imagine how totally AWESOME this game would of been, if it had Resi4 style blood and exploding heads?...

...I' m so pissed!! .... I DEMAND THAT CRITERION DELAY THIS GAMES RELEASE AND PUT THE FRIGGIN GORE IN!!!!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 39

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message