Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 "You've Seen the Extent of Nintendo's 2008 Lineup"
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
"You've Seen the Extent of Nintendo's 2008 Lineup" - Jul 24, 2008 16:09

Wired.com: Have we seen the extent, now, of Nintendo's 2008 holiday lineup?

Dunaway:
You have seen the extent of Nintendo's 2008 holiday lineup.

Yep folks... that's it.

I was way off tee on my prediction for a freshly announced pillar franchise. I suppose they'll be waiting closer to the launch of the MotionPlus to make an announcement.

mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:"You've Seen the Extent of Nintendo's 2008 Lineup" - Jul 24, 2008 16:18
Hmmm....What happened to the whole, "There's a new Zelda and Mario game in developement" thing?
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
Re:"You've Seen the Extent of Nintendo's 2008 Lineup" - Jul 24, 2008 18:07
I'm sure they are in development, but those are two of the least-rushed franchises in existence... and with good results -- they've almost all been superb games.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
Re:"You've Seen the Extent of Nintendo's 2008 Lineup" - Jul 24, 2008 19:23
Zoy

I'm sure they are in development, but those are two of the least-rushed franchises in existence... and with good results -- they've almost all been superb games.

Spot on

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/892/892854p1.aspx

Iwata:

"We are sorry about [the E3] media briefings, specifically for those who were expecting to see Nintendo show something about 'Super Mario' or 'Legend of Zelda.' However, the fact of the matter is the so-called 'big titles' need a long, long development period. ... We really didn't think this year's E3 media briefing was the time to do so."
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:"You've Seen the Extent of Nintendo's 2008 Lineup" - Jul 24, 2008 20:23
The full interview.

Apologies for not linking the OP.

"We are sorry about [the E3] media briefings, specifically forthose who were expecting to see Nintendo show something about 'SuperMario' or 'Legend of Zelda.' However, the fact of the matter is theso-called 'big titles' need a long, long development period. ... Wereally didn't think this year's E3 media briefing was the time to doso."

That makes no sense though, especially when supplemented with Dunaway's later statements in the interview...

Wired.com: as a hard-core gamer who bought a Wii for Zelda and Mario, where's the content for me?

Cammie Dunaway: Well, you heard [Nintendo President Satoru] Iwata's commitment, that the Zelda and Marioteams are hard at work. And you know us, Chris, we don't talk aboutthings until we are confident that they are in a place where we'regoing to be able to deliver on them in relatively short order aftertalking about them.

They're both saying that they had nothing to show because they don't show titles 'till they're relatively close to launch.... which totally contradicts their track record.

Mario Galaxy was first shown a year and a half before it hit shelves, Twilight Princess was announced at E3 04, and launched alongside the Wii, and Metroid Prime: Corruption was shown two years before release date.

All of them were first announced about half way through their development cycle (Galaxy was shown after a year and a half in active production)... which should be uhm...

..Now-ish.

Edit: To clarify. I'm not saying they don't exist. Nintendo is hard at work on 'em, I know that. I'm just disappointed, and awfully surprised that Nintendo didn't take advantage of their momentous sales and marketshare boost by showing us some flagship titles.
<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Jul 24, 2008 20:25>

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message