Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass, DS
MikeK

• Total Posts : 147
Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass, DS - Mar 24, 2006 08:23
Man have you seen this game it looks awsome. A touch of cell-shaded graphics (windwaker), a touch of classic SNES dungeons and some new stuff. Go to IGN and watch the video.http://ds.ign.com/articles/697/697930p1.aspx
< Message edited by Mikek -- 24 Mar 06 0:42:32 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass, DS - Mar 24, 2006 08:31
I think I' m all Zelda' d out for a lifetime.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass, DS - Mar 24, 2006 15:45
This game is the main reason i wanted a DS, and now its coming Wohoooo, i havent played enough Zelda to be Zelda' d out, i dont know if its possible for anyone but Joe
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass, DS - Mar 26, 2006 06:50
I can' t wait for the twilight princess

There' s nothing better than a new Zelda title ...god damn november ...
Intellectualdiot

• Total Posts : 9
RE: Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass, DS - Mar 27, 2006 13:37
Although I' m very skeptical that this game will make its targeted release date of 2006, (I just don' t trust Nintendo when it comes to release dates, especially a prestigious franchise like Zelda) I' m cautiously optimistic that it can. Of course, if its been in development in some form every since it was announced in 2004, it could be much further along that I anticipate. Either way, I' m extremely excited about the prospect of this title, and it could quite easily be the DS' brightest star this year - that' s saying something considering the strong library that the DS appears to be compiling on a daily basis. My biggest concern is that the ship sections will become as tedious as they were in Wind Waker, but this is somewhat assuaged for two reasons:

1) Nintendo traditionally learns from its mistakes when it comes to changes in gameplay, which may be evidenced by a particular section of the video that shows an overworld map on which sailing between two locations is activated by choosing the destination. The sailing sections shown afterwards may then be automated, with ship battles in between to add diversity.

2) This is a portable title, and therefore has to be streamlined for the player. Part of that streamlining would definitely lie in trimming off the fat attached to sailing as presented in Wind Waker.

The most suprising thing about this game however, is how great the graphics look. On the DS screen itself, it should look brilliant. And lest we forget, this game is being produced by EAD - the last time they created a portable Zelda game, it was Link' s Awakening. If I' m not mistaken, that game happens to be one of the finest entries in the Zelda canon, period.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass, DS - Mar 27, 2006 16:24
Actually the last portable Zelda game was the Minish cap, which i own! i havent completed it though!
Intellectualdiot

• Total Posts : 9
RE: Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass, DS - Mar 27, 2006 17:38
I said the last one created by EAD, a Nintendo internal team.

The last Zelda handheld title, and the last few before that one, were created by Flagship, a subsidiary of Capcom. Still a very talented team, but they haven' t quite reached the level of Link' s Awakening I' d contend.
Sulphur_Genius

• Total Posts : 28
RE: Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass, DS - Mar 28, 2006 01:37
There is going to be another DS announcement in a couple of weeks. Another Castlevania game!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll