Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Deus Ex 3
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
Deus Ex 3 - Oct 04, 2008 18:46

CVG

I loved the original . The sequel was ok . The 3rd one is supposed to be a prequel . I am not too comfortable with how they are trying to make it a straight up FPS with a cover system . It would also have been great if warren spector was involved in this project but he is busy making 'disney' games .

UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
Re:Deus Ex 3 - Oct 06, 2008 13:12
1) Stats don't affect combat
2) No sneaking around - uses a GoW cover system instead
3) Health auto regen (the ultimate console sign)
4) Straight up FPS

We don't even have to see anything else. It's blatantly obvious that Eidos is determined to fuck this game up completely. Instead of the brilliant pseudo RPG experience of the original, we're going to get dumbed down trash.

I'll just keep on pretending Deus Ex 1 had no sequels.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Deus Ex 3 - Oct 06, 2008 22:23
It actually sounds pretty awesome to me.  

1) player skill actually matters (a primary key to making a game fun), while the RPG parts are still there for equipment
2) CoD/Halo style health system instead of magical health kits and other very annoying systems.  This will lead to much more fun gameplay.
3) realistic stealth cover system, no more "OMG I'M IN A SHADOW CAN'T SEE ME!!1 LOLZ"
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:Deus Ex 3 - Oct 07, 2008 09:17
Well, the new system may bring new people on board, but it's sure to alienate some people who like the first one as-is.

That being said, I'd wouldn't write it off too quickly.  It's a pretty big IP, so they'll probably put some good people on it and (hopefully) try to do it justice.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll