Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Tecmo's president resigns: "personal reasons"
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
Tecmo's president resigns: "personal reasons" - Aug 20, 2008 17:50
Edge reports Tecmo has announced that president Yoshimi Yasuda will resign for "personal reasons".

Yasuda’s exit from Tecmo comes in the wake of numerous lawsuits launched against the company, reports Kotaku.
In early June Dead or Alive creator Tomonobu Itagaki fileda lawsuit against Tecmo for “unpaid completion bonuses” and a separatesuit against Yasuda for “disingenuous statements” made towards him.
Later on in the month two Tecmo employees launcheda class-action suit on behalf of 300 of the publisher's staff demandingcompensation for wages that went unpaid while employees were placed ona "flexible hours" working scheme at the company.
Tecmo later deniedreports that dozens of staff were set to walk out of the company andfile lawsuits against it for unpaid bonuses, asking journalists to“handle news reports concerning the above matters with care”.
Current chairman of the board Yasuharu Kakihara will succeed Yasuda as Tecmo president from September 1.

It will be interesting to see what new directions Tecmo takes, but it doesn't bode well.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Re:Tecmo's president resigns: "personal reasons" - Aug 20, 2008 18:31
Seriously say wtf you want about Itagaki,but he made "good games".
Now he is gone...Tecmo is fucked.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Tecmo's president resigns: "personal reasons" - Aug 20, 2008 18:56
I know share holders and "Execs" are clueless about the videogame industry and are only interested in profits, but these people should atleast spend some time understanding how things work, tecmo is dead without itagaki, it's that simple, millions are going to be lost because some fucking idiot decided not to pay the people making them the money in the first place.

This is the most fucking stupid conflict I've ever seen, it's fucked up for someone to do a job for you in advance and then never recieving full payment (did that to eddy couple times, owe him about $1.50 for 40+ hours of work) tecmo could have just payed and not be in the mess they are in now.
<message edited by emofag on Aug 20, 2008 19:00>
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Tecmo's president resigns: "personal reasons" - Aug 20, 2008 19:13
Its funny how an entire publisher can take a fall because of one man. Itagaki left, then a good number of Team Ninja, now the President of Tecmo.
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
Re:Tecmo's president resigns: "personal reasons" - Aug 20, 2008 19:55
R.I.P Tecmo 1981- 2008?

Yup. Had Tecmo paid the wages maybe some light could have come out ant the end of the tunnel.
Now, if i owned any stock with Tecmo this last bit of evidence shows me the uncertain future of Tecmo and once again their credibility holds slim.

Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Tecmo's president resigns: "personal reasons" - Aug 20, 2008 19:56
bah, maybe they cant consider this as a fresh start and start making good games.
immortaldanmx

Re:Tecmo's president resigns: "personal reasons" - Aug 20, 2008 20:10
Silentbomber

bah, maybe they cant consider this as a fresh start and start making good games.

With what? Their only good dev team was Team Ninja.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Tecmo's president resigns: "personal reasons" - Aug 20, 2008 20:16
They are making a bad name for themselves too, imagine new potentially talented devs looking for work, are they going to go with the company that doesn't fucking pay the wages or with someone with better rep.  I don't see them re-structuring, it's over for them, they will become a small-time dev and release mostly crap only the japanese buy.

The only games they have with heavy western appeal came from Itagaki, they're not going to survive with their other crap franchises like Monster Rancher, Gallop Racer and Fatal Frame, lol.
<message edited by emofag on Aug 20, 2008 20:20>
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Tecmo's president resigns: "personal reasons" - Aug 20, 2008 20:18
immortaldanmx

Silentbomber

With what? Their only good dev team was Team Ninja.

TECMO BOWL!!!!!1!!!!!

.....and Gallop Racer

immortaldanmx

Re:Tecmo's president resigns: "personal reasons" - Aug 20, 2008 20:30
Damnit chef, Tecmo Bowl was too long ago to matter. They couldnt release it up against Madden, not with the lockdown on the NFL license.
mastachefbkw

Re:Tecmo's president resigns: "personal reasons" - Aug 20, 2008 20:34
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Tecmo's president resigns: "personal reasons" - Aug 20, 2008 21:51
so I wonder who well end up buying the rights to DOA.
mastachefbkw

Re:Tecmo's president resigns: "personal reasons" - Aug 21, 2008 00:13
locopuyo

I say Namco.

immortaldanmx

Re:Tecmo's president resigns: "personal reasons" - Aug 21, 2008 01:44
mastachefbkw

locopuyo

I say Namco.

I really hope whoever does also hires Itagaki and the rest of the Team Ninja exiles.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll