Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 LittleBigPlanet beta
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
LittleBigPlanet beta - Sep 23, 2008 19:26
I was just wondering how many of you managed to get a betakey?

I'm at the moment trying to get into the Eurogamer beta... The server is completely overloaded

In case someone wants to try their luck you just need a Eurogamer account to get a key... And a tremendous amount of patience

I'll post my impressions if I get in... If you're actually interested in knowing how it's like of course

I'm looking forward to trying this game so I hope I get in

Here's the link if you want to try
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:LittleBigPlanet beta - Sep 23, 2008 19:57
I'm looking forward to this and Fable 2 most this year.  Let us know how you get on!
Kelvinellenton

Re:LittleBigPlanet beta - Sep 23, 2008 20:19
I just got the code and going to download now... But since my internet is lousy I won't have an oppurtunity to try it before tommorow
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:LittleBigPlanet beta - Sep 24, 2008 00:07
Iad umboros

I'm looking forward to this and Fable 2 most this year.  Let us know how you get on!

Fable 2 makes me feel...... moist.
Kelvinellenton

Re:LittleBigPlanet beta - Sep 25, 2008 15:09
Okay a little late but it still counts...

My impression of LittleBigPlanet:
I've now played the game for around 5 hours and I'm very impressed.
First off the game looks great on my TV and it plays even better.

I started off with the story which contains intro levels including a race and a neverending obstacle course. It's very fun to play and there's plenty of stuff to do. There's about 50 objects that you can collect around each level. It's definetly a reason to try the levels again. Some challenges within the levels require that you team up with a friend. The level select is controlled through your pod that you decorate. You can also look at your stats and your friends stats from here and you can make a new level.

I never thought I would actually build a level but after trying the level editor I started to really enjoy it. The really good thing about the level editor is that you really don't need the manual to play it. There's a tutorial for each aspect of the build narrated by Stephen Fry which is really good.
There's plenty of room for levels. They're all put in craters where there's room for multiple level if you for instance wanted to redesign one of the Mario games. One of the really cool things about the level editor is that you can set fire to stuff, blow it up with a remote button or just simply add electricity to something. The level controls are simple but it quickly gets complicated when you start adding a lot of things to the level. A meter on the left of the screen shows how much you are allowed to put in to a level. But you can put a lot in it before you hit the top

The online side of the game is really amusing. Especially racing against your friends. I haven't experienced any lag yet despite this being a beta. A host is automatically selected and the host chooses which game to play next. The hosts I played against only choosed races but when I became a host I chose the neverending obstacle course. I was a bit disappointed with this. The level has a pole that swings around in a circle constantly increasing in speed while the head it's attached to drops point bombs. But when you play online and one the sackboys get hit by the pole and falls into the poison, the game automatically finishes and the scores are counted. I would have liked if it was possible to continue playing because the level is really short if someone is really bad at it. But it's a minor annoyance.

This was my short impression of LittleBigPlanet.

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:LittleBigPlanet beta - Sep 25, 2008 21:29

narrated by Stephen Fry

Stephen Fry rocks.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
Re:LittleBigPlanet beta - Sep 25, 2008 21:53
And guess which lucky new Kikizo member of staff gets the game tomorrow...

Unfortunately though Edwin won't be able to discuss the review build at all until review day, Oct 14.

Ongoing beta discussion is of course fine, however.

This game is going to own EVERYTHING.
Kelvinellenton

Re:LittleBigPlanet beta - Sep 26, 2008 14:39
Official PlayStation Magazine has given it a 10/10 so I'm obviously not the only one who thinks this is a really good game
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:LittleBigPlanet beta - Sep 26, 2008 22:14
Kelvinellenton

Official PlayStation Magazine has given it a 10/10 so I'm obviously not the only one who thinks this is a really good game

You take OPM seriously?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:LittleBigPlanet beta - Sep 26, 2008 22:38
No, but it's Little Big Planet...

...It will easily take a huge steaming dump over any "casual" title to date.
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:LittleBigPlanet beta - Oct 02, 2008 02:42
Most certainly looks like a game that will pull me away from my 360 for once. Endless hours of joy and thank god I don't have to wait and fight for a beta code as they will be releasing it to all soon enough.

PSX?
<message edited by Johnny Jiron on Oct 02, 2008 03:01>
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:LittleBigPlanet beta - Oct 02, 2008 03:01

...It will easily take a huge steaming dump over any "casual" title to date.

Easilly.  I still don't want it though.  Before the end of the year I'm picking up Red Alert 3, Fable 2, Left 4 Dead possibly Fallout 3 and Gears 2.  I'll have enough toys to play with.
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Oct 02, 2008 03:02>

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message