Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Black Mesa Source
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Black Mesa Source - Dec 01, 2008 22:11
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/293049.aspx?playlist=featured

An entire remake of the original Half-life on the updated Source engine with a completely revamped look, rather than the copy paste job Valve did near the release of HL2. 

Awssum. 

http://www.blackmesasource.com/index.php

I seem to remember, it was actually announced a while back, when Valve said they were going stop supporting Half-life: Source, and hand over development to someone else who could put more time and effort into it.  But now we have a new trailer and a firm release date of....2009...sometime...

I like the way most of the dev team have codenames, like on The Matrix - "Trinity!  Raminator!  Nooo...."
<message edited by choupolo on Dec 01, 2008 22:38>
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Black Mesa Source - Dec 01, 2008 22:47
very impressive for a mod team.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Black Mesa Source - Dec 01, 2008 23:00
I would have thought Valve were keeping a close eye on this one and providing support being its their baby, but according to ModDB, Valve aren't contributing anything to the project at the moment.

But 5 years should be about enough to have a good go at it I guess.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Black Mesa Source - Dec 01, 2008 23:51
Old game is old.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Black Mesa Source - Dec 02, 2008 06:58
Im guessing they are making it to get jobs in the industry, if it turns out good, they just might, ill give it a whirl once its released i think.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Black Mesa Source - Dec 02, 2008 18:39
Do they really need music playing automatically on their site?  I know they remade half-life, but it isn't 1998 anymore.
_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
Re:Black Mesa Source - Dec 03, 2008 16:14
Except in terms of game design... the original Half Life still kicks the living shit out of pretty much every other shooter released since. I'll even include Half life 2 in that because as much as i love that game too, the first game was far more engrossing. If you've played through Half Life 2 and didn't think "damn i would love to revisit Black Mesa" ...you aren't normal.

The only logical reason why Valve didn't completely remake the original would be if they were planning on taking us back there in Episode 3.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll