Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Microsoft reduces features of pirated Vista
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Microsoft reduces features of pirated Vista - Oct 07, 2006 00:47
http://www.tgdaily.com/2006/10/05/vista_reduced_feature_set/

A few of you were considering pirating Vista, I thought you might be interested in knowing how MS is going to fuck you on that deal.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Microsoft reduces features of pirated Vista - Oct 07, 2006 03:31
Damn! I was going for the pirated version since it was the best deal. But now Microsoft is decreasing the features. Maybe they wil have a change of heart and have a special updated pirated edition in the future.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Microsoft reduces features of pirated Vista - Oct 07, 2006 03:47
OH NOES! Now the hax0rz are gonna have to bypass the activation too.... It has been done with XP it' ll be done with Vista.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Microsoft reduces features of pirated Vista - Oct 07, 2006 04:29
Microsoft need to employ the guys tha find ways around their security measures. Vista will be cracked and available through newsgroups and torrent site before the retail version hits stores.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Microsoft reduces features of pirated Vista - Oct 07, 2006 07:34

Damn! I was going for the pirated version since it was the best deal. But now Microsoft is decreasing the features. Maybe they wil have a change of heart and have a special updated pirated edition in the future.

Hopefully they left all the fatalities Intact!
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Microsoft reduces features of pirated Vista - Oct 11, 2006 11:22

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

Microsoft need to employ the guys tha find ways around their security measures. Vista will be cracked and available through newsgroups and torrent site before the retail version hits stores.

They DO! The problem is that NOTHING is impenetrable. Most hackers see these things as " challenges" , so they' re gonna gun for it, and beat it down eventually, for sure.

What they SHOULD do is just come out with a version with SIMPLE security features, but put a reasonable price on it. Then your " avereage" consumer could upgrade, or buy the new version, instead of having their neighbors tech savvy son put it on their computer for free, even though it' s illegal.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Microsoft reduces features of pirated Vista - Oct 11, 2006 12:37
I don' t think the prices are too unreasonable, not unless you want the Ultimate full purchase which is a rip off at 400$ usd. If you already have Windows XP, you can just buy the upgrade. Even the Premium Vista upgrade is only something like 160 USD$. Its an operation system, XP has been out for what? 6 years. It doesn' t seem like a lot of money to me.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll