Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Hands on Viking Battle of Asgard
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Hands on Viking Battle of Asgard - Mar 10, 2008 05:20
LINK

Why do I like this better than Too Human? I am not being sarcastic, this is a legit question. I am really liking this one the more and more I see and read about it, and yet whenever I read an article or watch a video for Too Human I seem to get less and less interested in it.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Hands on Viking Battle of Asgard - Mar 10, 2008 10:22
Because Too Human...

...y' know what?

Forget it.

Majik

• Total Posts : 374
RE: Hands on Viking Battle of Asgard - Mar 10, 2008 10:22
This isn' t a strategy game?

Fuc.king fail.

The early trailers showed epic battles akin to those in the Total War games. I mean, i enjoyed Spatan but i' d hoped for something a little more refined than a pumped up Conan...[:' (]

I know there are epic battles once you' ve done missions and stuff, but the last thing i' m interested in right now is a hack and slash game. It' ll take some seriously badass gameplay for me to consider picking this up... and with only a fortnight until release and no gameplay footage to be found... i' m not expecting anything killer.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Hands on Viking Battle of Asgard - Mar 10, 2008 16:16

This isn' t a strategy game?

Fuc.king fail.

The early trailers showed epic battles akin to those in the Total War games. I mean, i enjoyed Spatan but i' d hoped for something a little more refined than a pumped up Conan...

They never let on that it would be a strategy game. The point of these games are partially putting you down among the troops in a total war game.

In anycase the xbox could use a game like this.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Hands on Viking Battle of Asgard - Mar 12, 2008 02:06
If this was a strategy game on the 360 I wouldn' t even look at it. I don' t care what any dev says, you just can' t make a proper strategy game on a console with proper controls. They belong on a PC and that is where they should stay.

Hey, I already know that the comparisons to Conan and God of War are going to be made, but for me that will not change how I feel about this game. Trailers have been impressive, and from what was said in the article the gameplay sounds solid.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Hands on Viking Battle of Asgard - Mar 12, 2008 02:24
It can be done well on a 360, but I' m not sure I' d buy an RTS over another type of game on the 360. It' s just not suited for it.

Now, if they' d release friggin' M&K support for certain games. Hell, even like a Command and Conquer brand keyboard would be welcome.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll