Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 is forza motorsport a gran turismo beater?
snatch24

• Total Posts : 49
is forza motorsport a gran turismo beater? - Jan 15, 2005 03:24
with the release of GT4 still uncertain will microsofts new forza motorsport have what it takes to beat GT4
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: is forza motorsport a gran turismo beater? - Jan 15, 2005 04:30
The release of GT4 is quite certain. It is also the first PS2 game to support high definition. Opinions are pretty divided among those who have played the Forza demo, with the majority not liking it. Forza will probably not be in high definition and will probably run at 30 frames per second like Gotham 1 and 2 (GT4 runs at 60fps even in high definition), but we' ll see.
Pierre2k

• Total Posts : 70
RE: is forza motorsport a gran turismo beater? - Jan 15, 2005 05:00
I have absolutely no idea whether Forza Motorsport will be any good or not but I can tell you for sure that Project Gotham 1 ran at 60fps. The sequel does run at 30fps, purely because the Xbox renders it in a higher resolution (which although the TV can' t display, it helps makes everything more crisp and less jaggy), than the original. The graphics in the sequel are leaps and bounds above the first and indeed GT3 IMO, so to ensure the framerate was absolutely stable without fail they locked it at 30fps.

Regardless, whether I prefer Forza Motorsport or GT4 will not come down to whether is 30 or 60. Although you can tell the difference, especially when side by side, Project Gotham 2 is very playable, very responsive, and very smooth whether its 60 or or not.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll