Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Too Human preview...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Too Human preview... - Jul 01, 2008 08:32
Against.

Dyack is a moron and this game will fail, it' s animation is clunky and suffers from fraterate problems in those few videos. The camera is pulled so far back its distracting.

Nitro you will buy it.. but wont like it or finsh it.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 1 Jul 08 0:32:26 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Too Human preview... - Jul 01, 2008 08:37
I didn' t bother clicking the links, but someone please tell me it looks like there will be more than just a factory level and a snow level.
Nitro

RE: Too Human preview... - Jul 01, 2008 10:44
I know what i said the other day about GAF being overly harsh on the game but...

Knights haven' t done themselves any favours
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Too Human preview... - Jul 01, 2008 14:05

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Against.

Dyack is a moron and this game will fail, it' s animation is clunky and suffers from fraterate problems in those few videos. The camera is pulled so far back its distracting.

Nitro you will buy it.. but wont like it or finsh it.

Did you even read the article . He said technically there is nothing wrong with the game . Seamless transition b/w cut scenes and gameplay , mostly solid frame rate . If you are going to bash a game atleast read the article once . 10 Hours is a little less i guess but i finished mass effect in about 10 hours when i hurried through the story so i cant complain much . We will just have to get used to abrupt endings these days as most of the games are made with sequels in mind .
Overall I am happy with the preview . He said the game is not for everyone which was pretty clear from the word go . FPS nuts are not going to like it . Since Silent thinks Diablo looks boring it is pretty clear this isnt his kind of a game but the preview never bashed the game for anything in particular. A little faults here and there which I can live with . Cant wait for this to come out .
< Message edited by 2pac -- 1 Jul 08 6:09:02 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Too Human preview... - Jul 01, 2008 15:32
10 hours for a RPG is an outrage. even if it is an action rpg. Is it fully completed or just the main thing? if there is more than the main thing that is
2pac

RE: Too Human preview... - Jul 01, 2008 18:15

If you' re so inclined , you can slam through Too Human' s campaign in a little more than 10 hours

Vx Chemical

RE: Too Human preview... - Jul 01, 2008 20:01

If you' re so inclined , you can slam through Too Human' s campaign in a little more than 10 hours

You and i both know if they say 10 hours we are really lucky if it lasts 10 hours.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Too Human preview... - Jul 02, 2008 01:52
KOTAKU Hands On

The only part of this article that has me concerned is the problems regarding the camera. I said a while back that SK Cinematic Movie camera just might make or break this game for me, and from what was said in this article it just doesn' t sound promising at all. Out of anything in Too Human the camera needed to be perfect, if only because they haven taken camera control away from the player.

I only hope that 2 months is going to be enough for SK to hammer out the problems with the camera.
2pac

RE: Too Human preview... - Jul 02, 2008 02:37
KOTAKU ? You actually read previews by those guys ? None of the previews I read except for Kotaku' s complained about the camera . They are just a whiny bunch of haters .
Nitro

RE: Too Human preview... - Jul 02, 2008 03:15

ORIGINAL: 2pac

KOTAKU ? You actually read previews by those guys ? None of the previews I read except for Kotaku' s complained about the camera . They are just a whiny bunch of haters .

Camera Control Woes

Our single biggest gripe after our extended play time with the game is the camera system. It' s okay, but it' s just not quite good enough. Here' s the deal. If you' re walking around, the camera either automatically locks into a cinematic perspective (particularly if you' re on a moving platform or are in a corridor). When in a standard combat area, the camera sticks behind Baldur at all times and can be zoomed right in or pulled far above him in a quasi-isometric view.

The camera generally stays in its fixed position and angle during combat, unless you actively shift it around behind Baldur by tapping the Left Bumper. This immediate jump in perspective to behind Baldur can be very disorienting, too – but that' s more to do with the immediacy of the shift. The main reason for our qualms with the camera, however, is not that it uses the much-maligned quick-adjust system (many games have used this system and more will continue to do so), but rather in that you can only make small adjustments to the X and Y-axis tilt of the camera angle when Baldur is stationary.

IGN - Too Human: Top 5 Quick Fixes
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Too Human preview... - Jul 02, 2008 03:54
I do read previews and reviews from Kotaku, and for the most part I find them quite good.

In any case the camera problems that Too Human is facing need to be addressed in time for release, and having played Viking Battle of Asgard I can handle all the slowdown in the world because I don' t think that any game can get as bad as Viking was during its large scale battles.

BTW, I damn near fell out of me chair laughing when the IGN article said that Too Human was the most ambitious title in the last 10 years. I would think that a game like Mass Effect would be much more ambitious than Too Human.
Nitro

RE: Too Human preview... - Jul 02, 2008 04:31
The original version of Too Human was to span 4 discs and have 80+ hours of gameplay.
2pac

RE: Too Human preview... - Jul 02, 2008 04:32

ORIGINAL: Nitro

ORIGINAL: 2pac

Camera Control Woes

Our single biggest gripe after our extended play time with the game is the camera system. It' s okay, but it' s just not quite good enough. Here' s the deal. If you' re walking around, the camera either automatically locks into a cinematic perspective (particularly if you' re on a moving platform or are in a corridor). When in a standard combat area, the camera sticks behind Baldur at all times and can be zoomed right in or pulled far above him in a quasi-isometric view.

The camera generally stays in its fixed position and angle during combat, unless you actively shift it around behind Baldur by tapping the Left Bumper. This immediate jump in perspective to behind Baldur can be very disorienting, too – but that' s more to do with the immediacy of the shift. The main reason for our qualms with the camera, however, is not that it uses the much-maligned quick-adjust system (many games have used this system and more will continue to do so), but rather in that you can only make small adjustments to the X and Y-axis tilt of the camera angle when Baldur is stationary.

IGN - Too Human: Top 5 Quick Fixes

Ok so i didnt read that .

And Too Human is ambitious . How was Mass effect ambitious ? It was your run of the mill action-rpg where you had Guns instead of swords . Dont tell me the dialouge system was revolutionary cos I dont think it was that big a deal . Instead of selecting a response from a list you used the thumbstick .
Whether it turns out good or not there is nothing quite like Too Human right now .
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Too Human preview... - Jul 02, 2008 04:39

I would think that a game like Mass Effect would be much more ambitious than Too Human.

Yeah really. Oblivion is another one.
2pac

RE: Too Human preview... - Jul 02, 2008 04:43
Oblivion was an awesome game . I put hours into that game but how was it ambitious ? It was more or less like morrowind .
Vx Chemical

RE: Too Human preview... - Jul 02, 2008 04:51

I put hours into that game but how was it ambitious ?

huge seamless world, do everytying in the order you like. lots of different builds.
2pac

RE: Too Human preview... - Jul 02, 2008 05:04

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

I put hours into that game but how was it ambitious ?

huge seamless world, do everytying in the order you like. lots of different builds.

Morrowind was an equally open game ..
Vx Chemical

RE: Too Human preview... - Jul 02, 2008 05:12

Morrowind was an equally open game ..

Well Morrowind was good and oblivion was bad.

I know that wasnt what you meant, but i just have to say it..

Oblivion sucks donkey balls.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Too Human preview... - Jul 02, 2008 05:40

Well Morrowind was good and oblivion was bad.

I know that wasnt what you meant, but i just have to say it..

Oblivion sucks donkey balls.
Morrowind was fucking terrible. It automatically gives you cancer if you stare at it for more than 15 min.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message