Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Kojima - MGS not Over? Snatcher Sequel?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Kojima - MGS not Over? Snatcher Sequel? - Apr 05, 2008 05:45
ARSTechnica

I' m not too sure if this is news, considering that he seems to do this after every Metal Gear Solid release, but in an interview with IGN, series producer Hideo Kojima revealed that the upcoming Metal Gear Solid 4 might not be the end after all. " PR-wise, I really don' t want to say that this the final game or this is the wrap up, but if I don' t say it, people will make me create MGS again!" Kojima said, " So I have to say, ' Die, Snake,' and really end it so I can move on to something else! (laughs) Actually, it' s a game, so even if Snake dies, the game can live on. We have to kill him at a certain point."

Kojima also revealed plans to expand the series beyond games and into other types of media. " I can' t say if it' s going to be a game," he said, when asked about the potential of expanding the series, " Maybe it' ll be a novel or a comic—I do have some ideas. However, I have to say that I' m not going to do everything if we were to create it. Maybe I' ll just produce or maybe design the game and just act on that role, so I won' t be the total creator of that series if it happens."

He also went on to talk about at what he might be up to after MGS4 is finally released. After hinting at a desire to do more work on the PSP, Kojima said " maybe the sequel to ZOE, or a remake of Snatcher, for instance, if I just participate as a producer, yeah, that could be possible." Throw a translated remake of Policenauts in there and I' d be one happy camper.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Kojima - MGS not Over? Snatcher Sequel? - Apr 05, 2008 05:49
Kojima always said Metal Gear would continue - he just wouldn' t direct. Ofcourse, Solid Snake shouldn' t be in any more games, ...at least as the main protagonist.

As for Snatcher... it' s been looooooooooooong rumoured. Apparently it' s a collaboration between Kojima and Suda51.
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: Kojima - MGS not Over? Snatcher Sequel? - Apr 05, 2008 22:19
The snatcher rumor started going around from somewhere around when Suda started on No more Heroes if I' m not mistaking.

As for Kojima...he' ll be back...again...said he' d not ever make another one after mgs2.

As for Solid Snake...I' d love them to go back in time and do some more stuff with Big Boss...I don' t know after MGS3 I just like Big Boss more than Solid. If Solid dies...they' ll probably make Raiden the main character. Or jus do something completely new.
Shin_Ishikawa

• Total Posts : 144
RE: Kojima - MGS not Over? Snatcher Sequel? - Apr 06, 2008 04:38
oh I' m so happy that hideo kojima is going to continue the metal gear series. I love mgs...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Kojima - MGS not Over? Snatcher Sequel? - Apr 07, 2008 03:02
I' d play another game starring Raiden. His character grew on me in 2, and he' s positively badass in 4.
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
RE: Kojima - MGS not Over? Snatcher Sequel? - Apr 07, 2008 22:54

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

I' d play another game starring Raiden. His character grew on me in 2, and he' s positively badass in 4.

I wouldn' t mind Raiden at all. Find it kinda stupid people ripped on him simply because you weren' t playing as Snake or that he looked gay.

I didn' t mind Raiden, so wouldn' t mind another one with him as main character. But I want another one with Naked Snake first. Solid Snake all fine and well but Naked Snake will always be more bad ass. Nothing beats the original I always say.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Kojima - MGS not Over? Snatcher Sequel? - Apr 08, 2008 02:20
I had no beef with Raiden. He is not Snake, but his story and character was well-thought out. And it definitely, at least if you cared for it, made you see Snake' s world from the eyes of a rookie. In MGS, Snake was already a veteran, so it' s not like you' ve ever played with him as a rookie (unless we go back to MG) I personally liked it.

If there is one thing that most players don' t see, is that Raiden' s real (and horrendous I my add) bad point was Rosemary. If there was someone I would have shot without any remorse, it' s that b!tch. I would have actually smiled![:' (]
< Message edited by chimura -- 7 Apr 08 18:21:16 >
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Kojima - MGS not Over? Snatcher Sequel? - Apr 12, 2008 01:20

Kojima always said Metal Gear would continue - he just wouldn' t direct. Ofcourse, Solid Snake shouldn' t be in any more games,

TRUE

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message