Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Japan sucks! (Japanese peoples opinion on E3)
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 35
Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
Japan sucks! (Japanese peoples opinion on E3) - Aug 09, 2007 03:20
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161809

Q9. What' s Evil' s opinion on Japanese people?
1. They know nothing about gaming.
2. They' d rather play the newest edition of the most boring hack' n' slay EVER (Even N3 > Dynasty Warriors. And I got damn 1000 Gamerscore Points on N3) instead of playing some DECENT games.
3. Having the best holiday line-up ever is simply not enough for your average Japanese " gamer" .
4. At least they are prefering the 360 over the PS2....
5. They stopped caring about Final Fantasy?
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Japan sucks! (Japanese peoples opinion on E3) - Aug 09, 2007 03:31
I won' t say they suck, but they are very different from us.
I can' t believe they liked Wii Fit and Nintendo that much. Unbelievable.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Japan sucks! (Japanese peoples opinion on E3) - Aug 09, 2007 04:41
Just to clear things up, DW6>N3. That concludes this public service announcement...have a nice day.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Japan sucks! (Japanese peoples opinion on E3) - Aug 09, 2007 06:40
Thats it,dont ever EVE FUCKING SAY TO ME AGAIN THAT OH THE JAPANESE GAMERS DOESNT WANT A 360 WHEN THEY ARE THIS FUCKED Up.

Q3. Which game are you anticipating the most?
1. Metal Gear Solid 4
2. Wii Fit <----
3. Super Mario Galaxy
4. Dynasty Warriors 6 <----
5. Little Big Planet <----

FUck off.

I never wanna hear what japanese gamers thinks from now on.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Japan sucks! (Japanese peoples opinion on E3) - Aug 09, 2007 06:54
Hey, leave little big planet outta this! I' m also looking forward to that game! At least there' s a western game in their most wanted list.

Wii fit, dynasty warriors i agree however are doomed to be bad.

Though I disagree with the list and perhaps the order of their priorities, I just wanted to tell, the STUPIDEST comment I' ve ever heard from a gamer came from a classmate of mine. I remember you we are going to a university, in order to become game designers, but this dude said that he didn' t like ANY game, that didn' t include a Katana! ... *sigh

My hopes are that he will have quit by the time, the next semester starts.

Also, my teacher thinks FF7 suxorgz, BIG TIME!
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Japan sucks! (Japanese peoples opinion on E3) - Aug 09, 2007 07:25

1. Metal Gear Solid 4
2. Wii Fit <----
3. Super Mario Galaxy
4. Dynasty Warriors 6 <----
5. Little Big Planet <----

That actually shows they are open to a much varied range of styles than most of us (can' t play anything without a gun in it) westerners..

And Dissing Wii fit only shows how narrow minded one can be.. I mean, it wasnt exactly made for the FPS nut in mind..

Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Japan sucks! (Japanese peoples opinion on E3) - Aug 09, 2007 07:29
I think the hate for Wii Fit is more of the Casual approach of Nintendo rather than the lame ass idea.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 8 Aug 07 23:30:24 >
Virtua fighter 5

RE: Japan sucks! (Japanese peoples opinion on E3) - Aug 09, 2007 07:37

I think the hate for Wii Fit is more of the Casual approach of Nintendo rather than the lame ass idea.

I initially thought this but I get the felling it' s even more due to Nintendo hate as people seem to be forgetting that 4 MAJOR Core games will be released by Nintendo in the space of 4 months. Nintendo have NEVER released such Big titles in that short space of time. Never.
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 8 Aug 07 23:38:16 >
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Japan sucks! (Japanese peoples opinion on E3) - Aug 09, 2007 07:37

And Dissing Wii fit only shows how narrow minded one can be.. I mean, it wasnt exactly made for the FPS nut in mind..

Who was it made for?

Fat americans?

I' m just saying I dislike Wii Fit if it will actually be used as a training machine thingy, because I would NEVER use a gaming console, for the purpose of work out. There are avtual gyms for such and I prefer good ol' labour to keep myself in shape... Though l have been saving up some KG' s
And I dislike Dynasty Warriors because I KNOW I will not like this game, and will never say otherwise, even if I might be proven wrong.

Also, we hade already made a game that might be similar to Wii fit, in our class, by modifying a dance mat, building an entire arcade machine, and develop a game for it. Way before Wii Fit!
Evilkiller

RE: Japan sucks! (Japanese peoples opinion on E3) - Aug 09, 2007 07:45
Wait? Aren' t we westerners the guys that absolutely digged games like EyeToy, Guitar Hero 2, Singstar or Buzz? And we also liked stuff like Brain Training or Animal Crossing. It' s not that we in Europe don' t like diverse stuff, it' s that Japanese gamers(as this survey indicates) stop caring about hardcore games.

Virtua fighter 5

RE: Japan sucks! (Japanese peoples opinion on E3) - Aug 09, 2007 07:59

There are avtual gyms for such and I prefer good ol' labour to keep myself in shape...

The same ' new' excuse, i could say the same about most games:

I' d rather go to a shooting range than play time crisis..
I' d rather practice kung-fu than play Virtua Fighter...
I' d rather Practice real guitar than play Guitar Hero.
I' d rather Go to a Adult English class than play Braintraing..
I' d rather play proper soccer than play Pro Evo..
I' d rather go real scuba diving than Play Lost in blue...
I' d rather play in a real Band than play Rock band.
I' d rather practice Breakin than play bleeding DDR..
ETC
ETC
ETC

Games are made to have fun with.

Wii fitt is a game and has the Same principle, just because its totally interactive and you can take it serious if you wanted to, with all the Balance, Posture and cardiac features, dosnt make that a disadvantage.
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 9 Aug 07 0:03:15 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Japan sucks! (Japanese peoples opinion on E3) - Aug 09, 2007 08:13
What about US and EU gamers who keep buying and playing trash FPS games? What else do they play? Oh, Warcraft. That' s not totally pathetic or anything.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Japan sucks! (Japanese peoples opinion on E3) - Aug 09, 2007 08:43
Heh, true. Maybe some Japanese are having the same discussion on some forum : " Those westerners and their FPS. I don' t care about their opinions" ;)
Agent Ghost

RE: Japan sucks! (Japanese peoples opinion on E3) - Aug 09, 2007 10:38

That actually shows they are open to a much varied range of styles than most of us (can' t play anything without a gun in it) westerners..

The Japanese will play anything as long as it' s on a Japanese console.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Japan sucks! (Japanese peoples opinion on E3) - Aug 09, 2007 10:43
I think its silly for anyone to question a person, or in this case a whole countries preferences in gaming just because its not the same as there own. Face it there are gonna be people in the world that just think differently too you, thats life. To get worked up over it just won' t do you any favours.
Agent Ghost

RE: Japan sucks! (Japanese peoples opinion on E3) - Aug 09, 2007 11:43

The same ' new' excuse, i could say the same about most games.

The difference is that " most" games use a controller, when I' m playing Virtual Fighter 5 I know I' m playing a videogame. People play videogames to have fun, entertainment is the purpose of a videogame. Wiifit isn' t a videogame, it' s an exercise program. People playing Wiifit aren' t trying to have fun they' re trying to exercise. Even if people do mistake it for a videogame that doesn' t change the fact that Nintendo is trying to sell Wiifit as excercise, it' s even marketed in the name.

If you take away the exercise elements of Wiifit you' d be left with a poor game. If you take away the gaming elements you' d be left with a poor exercise machine. But who knows, maybe the combination of both will make people happy.
Evilkiller

RE: Japan sucks! (Japanese peoples opinion on E3) - Aug 09, 2007 12:30
Oh yeah, it' s the internet. Of course, my exclamation that Japan sucks and that japanese people are stupid wasn' t of course all serious and there was a lot of irony included in my statements above.

I simply find it funny how Japanese gamers seem only to care about Wii Fit and MGS4(which is still a 2008 game), even though Nintendo is firing their best holiday line-up ever at them (Remember Q1. Nobody was impressed about Nintendo' s holiday line-up. Even 360 scored better) and Microsoft is possibly having the best holiday line-up in console history but Japan simply doesn' t care. (Or maybe they are just too afraid? Bioshock looks scary as ***.)

@VF5
What you are forgetting though is that Wii Fit has got a big amount of excercises that don' t look like games. Okay, hitting the ball with your head might still be counted as a game but what the fuck about " Step up, step down" ? You can' t tell me that' s supposed to be fun. Or the game where you are supposed to stick your leg out. And that' s the big difference. Because Games enable you to do things you usually can' t do in reality (You can play soccer of course, but you most likely won' t be able to play a full fleged 11 on 11 soccer game anytime soon without joining a sports club and changing something major in your life.). And Wii Fit seems to offer absolutely nothing (minus a few nice mini-games) you can' t go and easily do in RL. In fact that was the thing gaming sites that were able to playtest Wii Fit criticized about it. There were some minigames that were fun, but there were also enough not fun at all excersis which were badly disguised as games. But well, I already thought that EyeToy Kinetic wasn' t a game anymore and in my opinion Wii Fit is just in the same vein as Kinetic.
< Message edited by Evilkiller -- 9 Aug 07 5:39:38 >
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Japan sucks! (Japanese peoples opinion on E3) - Aug 09, 2007 15:19
WTF is with the new kikizo ads.??? hottest site for college girls???
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Japan sucks! (Japanese peoples opinion on E3) - Aug 09, 2007 15:58

I' m not an FPS nut by any means. In fact, FPS games take up at best 25% of my gaming time, and in the last few years, its been more like 10%.

So, that given, the Wii fit doesn' t appeal to me at all, and I could give a shit about dynasty warriors. If it was actually trying to do something new and breathe a new life into the game I would care, but instead, it will probably be like 95% of other japanese games. New graphics, same tired mechanics, idea' s, and animations.

As far as them being open to more game styles, thats a joke. They barely play sports games, fps, action adventure, or sandbox games. They mostly play JRPG' s, adventure games and nifty titles Nintendo likes to make.

Don' t ever, ever, try and say the Japanese support better games than the West. They have proved with their software sales over that last 10 years that it just isnt the case.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Japan sucks! (Japanese peoples opinion on E3) - Aug 09, 2007 19:27
Randomly taking some funny or interesting quotes from the article:

24 year old businessman, " With the recent announcements, Nintendo is above everyone else. I sometimes worry if other companies will survive."

LOL, what a fanboy comment.

Retailer, " Dynasty Warrior 6 will probably be a key factor for the PS3 to sell well."

What!? What!? I mean... WHAT!?

Q8. What is your impression on the Xbox360 Elite?
1. Worried about malfunctions and loud noises
2. Expensive
3. Not interested
4. Satisfied with the new features
5. More choice for consumers

1. Maybe it' s the malfunctioning that keeps the japs from buying 360s?
2. Expensive...???
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 35

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread