Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I am not a happy Jew
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 30
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
I am not a happy Jew - Nov 25, 2008 11:31

... because some prick called Alan Boiston ;) gave Need for Speed: Undercover a fucking 4/10.

GameSpot and Game Informer gave it 7, TeamXbox gave it 8 and 1up gave it a B. They were closer to to truth.

I think WonderWall's 8.8 was the truest reflection of the games standing. IGN and Eurogamer (God if fucking love Eurogamer. Usually) got it wrong too... but just because they're far more popular than Kikizo... it doesn't mean they're right!

Fix it fuckers.

PS. Doree... you need to whip the new bitch and get him to increase his output or you'll never meet the criteria required to be listed on Gamerankings and Metacritic.
Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:I am not a happy Jew - Nov 25, 2008 11:35
Dude, you question Alan's take on a racing game at your peril :D And we are on fucking Metacritic and Gamerankings, thank you very much.
Nitro

Re:I am not a happy Jew - Nov 25, 2008 11:45
Really?

Huh... well disregard that last bit then. Obviously fulfilling the criteria to be listed doesn't equate to a quality website ;)

So just fix the damn score already...

Edwin

Re:I am not a happy Jew - Nov 25, 2008 11:53
Yeah, they're letting any sort in these days. There's some complete twat on there called Edwin Evans-Thirlwell, sounds like a real head-case.

Alan's just called to say he's taking his new Bentley out for a spin - it might be a good idea to stay off the streets for a few weeks.
Nitro

Re:I am not a happy Jew - Nov 25, 2008 11:59
I run the fucking streets.

And i'm almost 100% sure that you are actually Theo Paphitis... moonlighting as a half decent game reviewer. Seriously... just come clean.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:I am not a happy Jew - Nov 25, 2008 13:46
Nitro, I thought you didn't care about review scores.   Did you disagree with anything that he said in the article?

Imo, the handling in Need for Speed games has always sucked,  They haven't made any improvemets on this for a decade.  Once you get used to it, its a case of just trying to ignore it.  I enjoyed Most Wanted though, but I wouldn't fancy playing the whole thing again in a different form.
Nitro

Re:I am not a happy Jew - Nov 25, 2008 14:00
I didn't read the review, i just looked at the score. I should have written the review because the game is easily a 8.8/10.

Most Wanted is the best racing game we've had this generation... after WipEout HD, PGR3/4, Burnout Revenge/Paradise, Race Driver GRID and MotorStorm/2....

It's definitely better than Carbon and ProStreet... and it's a million times better than Midnight Club: Los Angeles. I don't understand why everybody likes the new Midnight Club game. The city is great, but everything else blows goats.

Seriously... if you liked Most Wanted you'd like Undercover. It's awesome!
Edwin

Re:I am not a happy Jew - Nov 25, 2008 14:41
Nitro

And i'm almost 100% sure that you are actually Theo Paphitis... moonlighting as a half decent game reviewer. Seriously... just come clean.

We'll see how well you "run" them when you've been "run over". OMG TEH COMEDY GENIUS LOL.

See that's how you get ahead in life, Nitro old son. Not by mocking your betters or likening them to business celebrities, but by laying down some red hot humour. Try not to cry too hard, dear boy.

And for the record, comparing me to Theo Paphitis implies that I know how to earn lots of money. Startlingly, this isn't the case.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:I am not a happy Jew - Nov 25, 2008 14:44
I'm certainly gonna rent it for my 360 when it comes back into stock at my local Blockbuster (bought Most Wanted for PC back then) and I've finished with Gears 2 and Mirror's Edge.

Its like with all these cheesy car movie/games, no matter how bad the story, dialogue, characteristics are - at the end of the day, you're only playing/watching them for the cars. 

On a side note, I never really liked the look of the new Midnight Club either.  I only ever played the first two on the PS2 - then it all got a bit irrelevant.
Nitro

Re:I am not a happy Jew - Nov 25, 2008 15:14
Edwin

Nitro

We'll see how well you "run" them when you've been "run over". OMG TEH COMEDY GENIUS LOL.

See that's how you get ahead in life, Nitro old son. Not by mocking your betters or likening them to business celebrities, but by laying down some red hot humour. Try not to cry too hard, dear boy.

Ugh... that was a little too Alan Carr...

Edwin

And for the record, comparing me to Theo Paphitis implies that I know how to earn lots of money. Startlingly, this isn't the case.

Really? With a name like yours? I figured you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:I am not a happy Jew - Nov 25, 2008 15:22
i dunno Nitro ive heard bad things about the game, it dosent look too hip. 
Edwin

Re:I am not a happy Jew - Nov 25, 2008 15:25
Nitro

Edwin

Nitro

Ugh... that was a little too Alan Carr...

Edwin

Really? With a name like yours? I figured you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

No :)

So which is it, Alan Carr or Theo Paphitis?
Edwin

Re:I am not a happy Jew - Nov 25, 2008 15:26
On a serious note, I haven't played Need For Speed Undercover so can't really comment. Might be worth emailing Alan himself if you have a major beef.
Nitro

Re:I am not a happy Jew - Nov 25, 2008 15:29
Well they're both pretty effeminate. Maybe that's what it is.

Edwin

Re:I am not a happy Jew - Nov 25, 2008 15:40
I love the smell of chauvinism in the afternoon.
Nitro

Re:I am not a happy Jew - Nov 25, 2008 15:43
Hahaha... maybe you should be a mod afterall...
Nitro

Re:I am not a happy Jew - Nov 25, 2008 15:44
Edwin

On a serious note, I haven't played Need For Speed Undercover so can't really comment. Might be worth emailing Alan himself if you have a major beef.

If i had a major beef... i'd just nuke his house.

Or i'd put the sheeny curse on him ;)
Edwin

Re:I am not a happy Jew - Nov 25, 2008 16:01
Nitro

Hahaha... maybe you should be a mod afterall...

We'll let Adam be the judge of that :) It's not like there's much need for it round here, Buttfreak and his tantrums aside.

At some point we'll have comments threads for articles, so you can dish out the aggro direct.
Nitro

Re:I am not a happy Jew - Nov 25, 2008 17:39
Yeah but Iad has a point. Sometimes threads just need to be clipped. You're active enough and everybody likes you, so rather than have to wait for Doree to sober up and climb out of the skip he slept in last night... you could just to the honors.

Personally though i think Eddie should be the forum Don. Cool headed, smart as fuck and a wicked sense of humour. One of the nicest people i've come accross online.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:I am not a happy Jew - Nov 25, 2008 19:28
You forgot sexy too, but I digress.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 30

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages