Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo US press event on the 14th, European press event on the 15th - Huh?!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Nintendo US press event on the 14th, European press event on the 15th - Huh?! - Aug 31, 2006 03:30

Okay Nintendo, what is going on here! Just last week we found out that Nintendo will be holding a press event in the US on Sept 14th. While the details of the event haven’t been released, we know that the Wii and DS will be present. The biggest rumor going around is that Nintendo will announce the Wii price point and release date at this event…but once again, nothing has been confirmed by The Big N besides the date itself.

Now Nintendo of Europe has announced that a press event much like the one in the US will be taking place in London on Sept 15th. Following in NoA’s footsteps, NoE has not announced what is the specific point of the event, but based on the US event, we can guess that the DS and Wii will be there.

Are we going to see a 3 day press event from Nintendo? Perhaps a Japanese announcement on the 13th, (or 16th), a US announcement on the 14th, and a European announcement on the 15th? This may be the Wii release date/pricing event we have been waiting for…just split up between major territories. Now if we could only find out about the Japanese piece of the puzzle…

Boy am I glad this story popped up before I went to bed! Catch you in about 6 hours guys!

LINKY

That' s a little odd. It' d be daft to make the exact same announcements at 2 different press events in two different countries.

Something big?!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Nintendo US press event on the 14th, European press event on the 15th - Huh?! - Aug 31, 2006 04:25
I FUCKIN KNEW IT!!!

They' re going to go Apple style - selling Wii the next day they announce it - At least that would make sense considering each teritory has this event and each happens at different day.

Fingers crossed people - this was a rumor that never truly died and now it' s more probable than ever.

I could be wrong though :)
Nitro

RE: Nintendo US press event on the 14th, European press event on the 15th - Huh?! - Aug 31, 2006 04:32
I' m not so sure. They' re supposedly having manufacturing problems with the Wiimote, although that could be Nintendo leaking false information.

I just find it strange that press events are going to be held in 2 different territories on 2 different days.

If they do as you suspect and launch Wii as Apple do with their products then that will be truly awesome. I always wondered why they were launching against Sony. Surely that' d be a bad idea?
]GaNgStA[

RE: Nintendo US press event on the 14th, European press event on the 15th - Huh?! - Aug 31, 2006 05:04
Yeah it would be really stupid to launch at the same time - they actually hinted at launching earlier than Nov. 17.

Anyway - if this Apple style launch turns out to be true ...I mean...Damn :)
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Nintendo US press event on the 14th, European press event on the 15th - Huh?! - Aug 31, 2006 05:18
I actually hope gangsta is right about them releasing it the next day....just cos I hate waiting.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Nintendo US press event on the 14th, European press event on the 15th - Huh?! - Aug 31, 2006 05:28
It sounds unbelievable , but when you look at it - that' s what every Wii announcement was - Shock and Awe :)

I maybe an atheist , but I want to believe in apple style release badly.

I could fuckin pray for this :)
]GaNgStA[

RE: Nintendo US press event on the 14th, European press event on the 15th - Huh?! - Sep 02, 2006 01:21
IGN has just reported that JAPAN has that kind of event on 14th.

I think Wii will launch before TGS.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Nintendo US press event on the 14th, European press event on the 15th - Huh?! - Sep 02, 2006 01:24
OMG,Wii fanboy better choose camp before ps3 is out

Are you with us fair-n balance gamers who loves 360 and hates ps3.
or are you against us?

It' s Quez o' reilly and the spin show ends here.
Nitro

RE: Nintendo US press event on the 14th, European press event on the 15th - Huh?! - Sep 02, 2006 03:02

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

OMG,Wii fanboy better choose camp before ps3 is out

Are you with us fair-n balance gamers who loves 360 and hates ps3.
or are you against us?

It' s Quez o' reilly and the spin show ends here.

IGN has just reported that JAPAN has that kind of event on 14th.

Japan 14th, US 15th, Europe 16th?!

There is definately something going down. You wouldn' t announce the date and price over the course of three days in three different countries.

EITHER Nintendo are going to SHOW something to the press in each country ensuring the maxiumum amount of coverage. Maybe something hardware related (remember the E3 rumours of Nintendo cancelling an announcement because Sony announced that they would be using motion sensitivity too?!), ...

...OR you could be right and they' re doing an Apple and launching much sooner than we thought.

Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Nintendo US press event on the 14th, European press event on the 15th - Huh?! - Sep 02, 2006 03:52
The events will most likely have unique announcements.

Kikizo will obviously be there to bring you video of everything...
Nitro

RE: Nintendo US press event on the 14th, European press event on the 15th - Huh?! - Sep 02, 2006 04:15

ORIGINAL: Adam Doree

The events will most likely have unique announcements.

Kikizo will obviously be there to bring you video of everything...

In all three territories?!

You have an idea of what the announcements will be Adam?!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Nintendo US press event on the 14th, European press event on the 15th - Huh?! - Sep 02, 2006 07:31
Reggie: After much considereration we, Nintendo as a whole, Has been bought by Microsoft. All hail our true masters!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Nintendo US press event on the 14th, European press event on the 15th - Huh?! - Sep 02, 2006 16:35
no no no

they were bought by sony and given to MS as a gift
Silentbomber

RE: Nintendo US press event on the 14th, European press event on the 15th - Huh?! - Sep 02, 2006 23:14
Yeah, but now the Wii + 360 have to use Blue ray.

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nintendo US press event on the 14th, European press event on the 15th - Huh?! - Sep 03, 2006 00:17
I doubt Nintendo would dare to launch the Wii within the coming two months. The console is supposed to be bought by lots of non-gamers and in order to get their attention they need to advertise alot. Launching the console without an aggressive ad campain will mean that only hardcore gamers will buy the console at launch.
I don' t think that' s what Nintendo has in mind.
I believe reaching non-gamers at an early state is very important.
Or maybe not, I don' t know. Any thoughts?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 2 Sep 06 16:18:06 >
sweetboy2k

• Total Posts : 44
RE: Nintendo US press event on the 14th, European press event on the 15th - Huh?! - Sep 03, 2006 00:20
?????????
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Nintendo US press event on the 14th, European press event on the 15th - Huh?! - Sep 03, 2006 00:26

?????????

@@@@@@@@@-I can do it too!

They' re going to go Apple style - selling Wii the next day they announce it
Don' t make me pee myself. That would take pre-orders right out though, which is dissapointing because I really want one, but don' t want to linger around in front of an EB for 14 hours. (well, maybe I do, but school might be a bit of a problem.) Man, If they launch on a school day, do they realise how many of us will be sucked in by our own Wii' s.

Sorry, It' s been forever since I cracked a Wii joke. I figured it was about time.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nintendo US press event on the 14th, European press event on the 15th - Huh?! - Sep 03, 2006 00:30

I really want one, but don' t want to linger around in front of an EB for 14 hours.

That' s my worst fear!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Nintendo US press event on the 14th, European press event on the 15th - Huh?! - Sep 03, 2006 00:32
If I' m going though, I' m going with a team of people, one handheld each, and a spot back in line if we need to go get some fresh air. That' d be the only way to do it. I just wish they' d give EB the info on how many consoles are being allocated to each store, because it' s not like the clerks exactly keep anything tight lipped is it?
Silentbomber

RE: Nintendo US press event on the 14th, European press event on the 15th - Huh?! - Sep 03, 2006 03:54
I am going to skip the line, if i ever decide I want one.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message