Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Left 4 Dead opening
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 49
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Left 4 Dead opening - Nov 01, 2008 04:05
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/42271.aspx

Fucking sick.

I can't believe we're already November. 
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Nov 01, 2008 08:08
I do believe I came a little.  This game looks sooooooooooooo sexy.  Btw Agent I call the cocky guy with the short hair and the shotgun.
Agent Ghost

Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Nov 01, 2008 08:44
The other day I bought "Dawn of the Dead" on BD in anticipation for the game.  Fuck awesome movie.

I call anyone but the chick. 
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Nov 01, 2008 19:16
I think you get randomly assigned a character in the co-op... not sure about single player, though.
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Nov 01, 2008 19:32
Awesome movie... Has the PC specs for this game been released? I've never been interested in this game before I saw this. It looks fairly interesting
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Nov 01, 2008 19:47
How much single player does this game contain? i dont know anyone with capable Pc's to playay coop with.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Nov 01, 2008 20:44
Its online coop isnt it?  You got us guys!   I think Eddie said he was getting it too.   I've already paid for the game - and its sitting on my list saying not released yet.

I think I already have you added on my Steam list right?  You and ginjirou, but he's long gone. :(

They should call the easy mode "Shaun of the Dead" heh.
<message edited by choupolo on Nov 01, 2008 21:03>
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Nov 01, 2008 21:15
I know, but time you know time difference and all,
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Nov 01, 2008 22:44
i getting this on 360 just to co-op with you guys..

But does this game have a story? I thought it was more like unreal...
Zoy

Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Nov 01, 2008 23:31
Yeah, I mean it's got as much story as any zombie movie... gotta get from here to there without having your brains eaten.
choupolo

Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Nov 02, 2008 01:14
Sure, I guess its always us guys in Europe who have to stay up till silly hours too.  We'd have to do it at least once though, maybe on a weekend.

Who's getting it on PC and who's getting it for 360?

I still think 28 Days Later is the best zombie movie.  28 Weeks is good but done way too over the top. 

Dawn of the Dead was entertaining but the characters were cheesy, and why on earth did they decide to go to some random island in the end, that was just dumb.  Strike that the 1978 Dawn of the Dead was the best zombie movie - just watch this final scene its awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G68LnrTO-Z0&feature=related
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Nov 02, 2008 04:54
Fucking beast!

I know, but time you know time difference and all,

I work late afternoons, to late evenings, so I'm on at about the 5 to 9 time-span for you guys.
Zoy

Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Nov 03, 2008 22:21
I'll be getting it on 360.  Apparently there's a 10% discount if you preorder it.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Nov 03, 2008 23:05
From what retailer?
Zoy

Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Nov 03, 2008 23:12
Gamestop.  Preordering also gets you access to the demo on 11/6 instead of 11/11.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Nov 04, 2008 03:06
Zoy

I'll be getting it on 360.  Apparently there's a 10% discount if you preorder it.

ZOMG!! $5 off if you support the upscale pawn shop that is GameStop!!!
Agent Ghost

Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Nov 05, 2008 00:55

Dawn of the Dead was entertaining but the characters were cheesy, and why on earth did they decide to go to some random island in the end, that was just dumb. Strike that the 1978 Dawn of the Dead was the best zombie movie - just watch this final scene its awesome - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G68LnrTO-Z0&feature=related

I've always loved the Evil Dead series.  Although it's not specific to Zombies.  These movies are so bad that they kickass.  Theres a scene in one of them where a possessed tree is raping a woman.  I remember seeing this at a get together with some buddies in my teens, while high.  That was the funniest shit Ive ever seen.  I think I suffered from permanent damage to my diaphragm with that one. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0Hmc7eeXjw&feature=related

choupolo

Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Nov 05, 2008 01:04
Bruce Campbell is king.  Evil Dead 2 is one of my favourite movies of all time.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=R9o9Pp1EjAQ&feature=related
<message edited by choupolo on Nov 05, 2008 01:06>
choupolo

Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Nov 07, 2008 23:21
Confirmed - the Left 4 Dead demo is awesome!  Features one level, with two 'checkpoints' (or safe rooms) - about 30-40 minutes gameplay, which you can play with AI or online.

The game is so tense, you've got to have fast reactions (and a trusty mouse) or you'll be quickly facing a rabid zombie up close and personal.  The level design is made so that you can never be entirely sure you've got all angles covered.  And they will break through doors with their arms!  The way the zombies recoil is great too, flinching and falling dead in dozens of different ways depending on where you shoot them.  The headshots are particularly nice.

Its not as unforgiving or unreasonable as I thought from the vids - the zombie rushes come fairly infrequently and you have a fair amount of health, which only depletes quickly if you get surrounded/mauled.  The guns are nice and effective, and some are pretty accurate.  A lot of the time you'll just be expecting a zombie horde, on the verge of crying from tension.  Then when you least expect it, there'll be one of the zombie bosses.

The zombie bosses aren't hard either, however they mix up the action, and they are made to react in different ways to the zombie hordes, doing something independent to them, coming from behind or waiting until you think you've killed em all, then snatching away your team-mate.  And you can usually hear their distinct sound shuffling around where you can't see them yet.

The lighting is brilliant. So are the character models and facial expressions.  There are some nice details like Francis has some nice tattoos.  The game runs incredibly well and smooth even on max settings, and really squeezes the most out of the old engine.

The whole game is really well balanced in terms of weapons, ammo, level design and the way the AI director piles on the pressure when you're just about ready for it.  And the AI controlled characters are pretty intelligent too, not getting stuck, sticking together etc.  (You can also walk through them, so them getting in the way isn't a problem)

The only problem I've had so far is starting a quick match online - I can get into a lobby, but most of the servers seem to kick me out before I can get in for some reason.  Might be a problem my end though.  Will keep you posted.
<message edited by choupolo on Nov 07, 2008 23:22>
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Left 4 Dead opening - Nov 08, 2008 04:58
downloading now. The game had better be amazing.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 49

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message