Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Tom Clancy' s Hawx Screens
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Tom Clancy' s Hawx Screens - May 15, 2008 03:39

Heat and smoke trails both look very good, but the jet models seem to be lacking detail but that is mostly likely due to an early build of the game. What I want to see is some screens of flying close to the ground to see if we will get 3D or the Ace Combat Google Maps look.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Tom Clancy' s Hawx Screens - May 15, 2008 05:59

What I want to see is some screens of flying close to the ground to see if we will get 3D or the Ace Combat Google Maps look.

You know there' s just not gonna be that much detail close to the ground. Why would they waste resources modeling and texturing something that' s usually only going to occupy a dozen pixels on screen? If you' re slowly cruising around on the ground, you' re not really playing the game.

Speaking of resources, I' d prefer they divert some development resources to coming up with a name that doesn' t sound like some stupid crap. " H.A.W.X." Jesus H. Criminy, Ubisoft, you' re going to make that vein pop out of my forehead again with that sh!t.
< Message edited by Zoy -- 14 May 08 22:01:34 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Tom Clancy' s Hawx Screens - May 15, 2008 06:26

What I want to see is some screens of flying close to the ground to see if we will get 3D or the Ace Combat Google Maps look.

It has the Google Maps look.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Tom Clancy' s Hawx Screens - May 15, 2008 06:39

It has the Google Maps look.

Well f.uck it all to hell!!!!!
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Tom Clancy' s Hawx Screens - May 15, 2008 07:44
Right-o!

The Ace-Combat series craps all over anything H.A.W.X. is going to have. I just can' t see them bringing anything to the table, or making enough changes to distance themselves from the time-tested AC franchise. Not that it won' t be fun, but I can' t see them making a better game.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Tom Clancy' s Hawx Screens - May 15, 2008 08:08
So is TC trying to have a game in every genre? All thats missing is racing, sports, and RPG.
Zoy

RE: Tom Clancy' s Hawx Screens - May 15, 2008 09:22

The Ace-Combat series craps all over anything H.A.W.X. is going to have.

Really? I seem to recall someone on here explaining how broken the Ace Combat 6multiplayer was ... something about how you could easily just launch a hail of missiles right at the outset of a match; I don' t remember it clearly but it convinced me not to get it, especially with Crimson Skies being backwards compatible.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Tom Clancy' s Hawx Screens - May 15, 2008 10:26
Well, it wasn' t me, if you' re insinuating that. I honestly haven' t even read the post you' re talking about.

Graphically, the game tops anything HAWX has put forward yet, and while I recognize that the game is nowhere near complete, the overall style appears to be less realistic, something to gun for in an aviation combat sim.

I can' t speak for the gameplay, as I obviously haven' t played it yet, but it' s a bad sign when the developer lists radar, incoming missile systems, radios and AI controls as their primary feature (They' re calling it the ERS system... because Enhanced Reality System sounds so much less Xtreme).

More than any telltale factor... The game' s being developed by Ubisoft Romania, the creators of such gems as Blazing angels and, uh.... Blazing Angels II... and uh... some submarine game nobody' s heard of.

Namco has proven they' ve got the chops. Ubi Romania?

So is TC trying to have a game in every genre? All thats missing is racing, sports, and RPG.

Party games.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Tom Clancy' s Hawx Screens - May 15, 2008 16:00
It' s because TC sold them the rights to his name just recently. So they can use it for any game.
Zoy

RE: Tom Clancy' s Hawx Screens - May 15, 2008 16:51

Well, it wasn' t me, if you' re insinuating that. I honestly haven' t even read the post you' re talking about.

Don' t get all catty, dude. I wasn' t insinuating anything. I think it was Quez who posted that.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Tom Clancy' s Hawx Screens - May 16, 2008 06:07

Party games.
Splinter Cell Party 5?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Tom Clancy' s Hawx Screens - May 16, 2008 06:38

Don' t get all catty, dude. I wasn' t insinuating anything. I think it was Quez who posted that.

Nah, I wasn' t getting catty, I was just trying to clarify what you meant.

Splinter Cell Party 5?

So, I wasn' t the only one who had a picture of Chaos Theory Sam Fisher in a paper party hat with his FN2000 (whatever the hell they call it in the game), dropping rounds into Rayman?
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 15 May 08 22:39:54 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message