Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Battlefield 1943
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
Battlefield 1943 - Jul 09, 2009 01:32
Its out but has been removed from the Arcade Section .. If you still want to download it , you can add it to your download queue directly from xbox.com  .
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
Re:Battlefield 1943 - Jul 14, 2009 11:31
It's what like 13 or 15€ on PSN?

Been thinking about getting it but I'm still pretty active on battlefield 2142. But is this one any good? If it is I'll probably get it.

It looks good and it's cheap so not like I really lose a lot if I don't like it after all.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Battlefield 1943 - Jul 14, 2009 19:11
I downloaded the demo and played the tutorial but it won't connect to the servers for multiplayer.  I heard you have to connect to another EA game online first before it will let you.  I can't believe microsoft approved this broken pos for the marketplace.
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:Battlefield 1943 - Jul 14, 2009 20:23
Its working fine now they have been adding more servers. It was a pain, but yeah. The game itself is a blast online even tho I need to get a few of mmy friends up on it so I can have some people to communicate  and cordinate with. Why now its very lone wolf with the occasional team up.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Battlefield 1943 - Jul 14, 2009 23:02
Johnny Jiron

Its working fine now they have been adding more servers. It was a pain, but yeah. The game itself is a blast online even tho I need to get a few of mmy friends up on it so I can have some people to communicate  and cordinate with. Why now its very lone wolf with the occasional team up.

Masterchef and myself have a group that plays.

Im New Era Blood and he's Manbearchef if you want to add either of us.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Battlefield 1943 - Jul 15, 2009 00:28
I bought it last night.
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:Battlefield 1943 - Jul 15, 2009 03:48
immortaldanmx

Johnny Jiron

Masterchef and myself have a group that plays.

Im New Era Blood and he's Manbearchef if you want to add either of us.

I think I have Chef. I'm pretty sure I have or had you on  my list. But yeah ive been playing this game quite a bit, so I'll look you both up.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Battlefield 1943 - Jul 15, 2009 05:41
Team playing is essential to enjoying it. I'm going to be really disappointed if i don't find somebody to play with in the next week or two, 'cause the game's a hell of a lot of fun. Dan, Chef, when do you guys play? I'm up and at 'em till about midnight EST, but if you guys are night owls, I can make later happen too.

XBLID: Eddie_the_Hated
locopuyo

Re:Battlefield 1943 - Jul 15, 2009 05:45
still fails to connect, will not buy if I can't even play the trial
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Battlefield 1943 - Jul 15, 2009 07:12
This game sucks.
immortaldanmx

Re:Battlefield 1943 - Jul 15, 2009 17:40
Eddie_the_Hated

Team playing is essential to enjoying it. I'm going to be really disappointed if i don't find somebody to play with in the next week or two, 'cause the game's a hell of a lot of fun. Dan, Chef, when do you guys play? I'm up and at 'em till about midnight EST, but if you guys are night owls, I can make later happen too.

XBLID: Eddie_the_Hated

Ive got some personal things going on, so Ive been more or less living with Chef. We're both usually on late.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Battlefield 1943 - Jul 15, 2009 19:46
Me and a few people were playing last night and we got stuck in a loop where it would only put us in the game. We were even on the same team. The game still has a lot of bugs to work out.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Battlefield 1943 - Jul 16, 2009 03:07
I played the Psn demo, I really liked Bad company surprizingly and played a good bit online on 360, I thought the graphics and esp the sound were great but man after playing this what a downgrade, the graphics are terrible, with horrible popup everywhere, the destruction dosent fit and generally everything looks like shit, the sound is good though.. how could they have fucked up the engine so much after BC? 
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Battlefield 1943 - Jul 16, 2009 05:13

Ive got some personal things going on,

Heh. Boy do I know that vaguely non-descriptive phrase.

I may be on tonight.
mastachefbkw

Re:Battlefield 1943 - Jul 16, 2009 10:41

I played the Psn demo
Just out of curiosity, did the PSN users get the fourth map at the same time the 360 users did? EA said that the map would be released when 45 million kills were reached and live has a lot more users than PSN.
immortaldanmx

Re:Battlefield 1943 - Jul 16, 2009 18:29
Eddie_the_Hated

Ive got some personal things going on,

Heh. Boy do I know that vaguely non-descriptive phrase.

I may be on tonight.

Oh, its nothing too serious. My girl of 2 1/2 years broke up. I actually left her, but then wanted to work things out. She was kind enough to wait a whole week before dating someone else. Between that, military shit, and my parents constant bitching I decided I would crash here while Chef's mother is in Florida for a month.

Im really not sure how I feel about the game. Sometimes its so smooth and fun, but at others you have to lead point blank shots and explosions feel laggy. Also, as Chef said, the game, especially the party system, has a tendency to do weird things, and nothing is more frustrating than teammates destroying your planes on the initial spawn.
Eddie_the_Hated

Re:Battlefield 1943 - Jul 19, 2009 22:53
The fuck is wrong with this game? It was fine up until a few days ago. Apparently they're having major packet-loss issues at the data center, and it comes across like consistent lag. I've flown like two dozen planes right into the ground.

It's fun when it works, but c'mon. It's broken. They've worked with this engine online before, they should have no excuses. What gives?

Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Battlefield 1943 - Jul 20, 2009 01:12
bad company was also broken on the 360 online, no lag on playstation however, maybe becuase not as many play?
mastachefbkw

Re:Battlefield 1943 - Jul 20, 2009 02:32
Its EA's shitty servers. Why won't they just use LIVE's for fucks sake. Literally every EA game has these problems online.
locopuyo

Re:Battlefield 1943 - Jul 22, 2009 22:27
mastachefbkw

Its EA's shitty servers. Why won't they just use LIVE's for fucks sake. Literally every EA game has these problems online.

They have to use their own servers.  Most games just pick one of the players as the host.  Using their own dedicated servers should be better, they just fucked up not having enough bandwidth/processing power.  

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll