Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The reality of war
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
The reality of war - May 22, 2007 21:37
According to The Register, this was uploaded from a Royal Marines Helmet cam, maybe Treyarch should incorporate gun jams, into CoD4. Give the video sometime as the fun starts when they run from the firefight and the guy finds out where he has been shot.

http://www.theregister.com/2007/05/22/marine_hit_in_arse_during_gunfight_film/
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: The reality of war - May 24, 2007 10:49
the SA80 (Supersoaker-Advanced 80) jamming? Nah.

On a more serious note, I have the utmost respect for these guys. I frequently show my dislike of the war in the Middle-East, and those who put us there in the first place, but people like this are f****** amazing.

Edit: Jamming in games would work as an arcadey diversion for a bit (a-la Gears) but real jamming doesn' t always take exactly 4 seconds or whatever it is in Gears. If they really had a realistic jamming system every 3rd time or so you jam, you' d have to re-sling your primary, pull out your secondary, fall back & rack the action on your rifle for minutes on end, bullets whizzing all around untill you can eject the jammed cartrige.

It' d get old, really quick, almost like real life or something.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 24 May 07 2:55:53 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message