Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Itagaki Sexual Harassment case, charges dismissed
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Itagaki Sexual Harassment case, charges dismissed - Dec 06, 2007 08:00
I didnt feel like searching for the thread that was made when this first happened.

It' s been a little over a year since sexual harassment charges were filed against Team Ninja' s Tomonobu Itagaki. The Tecmo developer allegedly forcibly kissed a woman after proclaiming his fondness of her and wrapped his arms around her on a number of occasions. When she complained to Tecmo management, the plaintiff said the company asked her to take care of the matter herself, prompting the lawsuit. Today, however, the suit has been settled in the Tokyo District Court and Itagaki found innocent.

" A verdict has been handed out in the sexual harassment case that was brought against me by a former female employee of Tecmo. I have held my head high and have fought the good fight for the past year in order to clear my name and to uphold the reputations of Team NINJA and of Tecmo," said Itagaki to 1UP. " The former employee' s arguments were judged to have been false, and all claims that she has brought against me have been dismissed."

After the allegations became public, Tecmo revealed they had conducted a month-long investigation into the matter. At the time, Tecmo admitted that " others involved" in the situation had mixed " personal affairs with their corporate responsibilities." The company never issued a clarification for that statement.

" [I have put the] whole matter behind me and [want to] focus on doing what I do best, which is making great games," said Itagaki.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Itagaki Sexual Harassment case, charges dismissed - Dec 06, 2007 09:21
Well, Itagaki is an arrogant, taunting, self-proclaimed video-game rockstar developer, but I knew he wasn' t a one of those harassing types. Sure, he creates the most skympily clad virtual chicks with overdeveloped bobbies, but that doesn' t mean it would translate into real life. He is right though, he does make great games, can' t wait for NG2.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Itagaki Sexual Harassment case, charges dismissed - Dec 06, 2007 23:19
a woman lied about being sexually harassed by her boss and she DIDN' T win the case??

I' m speechless...I didn' t know that was possible.

Rich guy accussed of harassment is found innocent...wow.

Oh wait...it' s not the US court system. Now I understand.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll