Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ok so i' m renting these PS3 games one at a time...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 35
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Ok so i' m renting these PS3 games one at a time... - Jun 30, 2008 15:48
Heavenly Sword
Unreal Tournament 3
Warhawk
MotorStorm
Resistance: Fall of Man

In which order would you rent these games?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Ok so i' m renting these PS3 games one at a time... - Jun 30, 2008 15:56
Who cares? Just rent them in the order you see them on the shelf.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Ok so i' m renting these PS3 games one at a time... - Jun 30, 2008 16:33
Motorstorm and Warhawk are the only ones that appeal to me... Unreal is probably fine but not my cup o' tea.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Ok so i' m renting these PS3 games one at a time... - Jun 30, 2008 16:35

ORIGINAL: Mass X

Heavenly Sword
Unreal Tournament 3
Warhawk
MotorStorm
Resistance: Fall of Man

In which order would you rent these games?

Uncharted, Metal Gear, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Ratchet & Clank... i take it you' re buying those!?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Ok so i' m renting these PS3 games one at a time... - Jun 30, 2008 16:59
Buying Metal Gear. I forgot to add Uncharted to the list. Ive played enough of Gaiden for now. Ratchet isnt available at the moment
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Ok so i' m renting these PS3 games one at a time... - Jun 30, 2008 22:59
I would just rent Resistance: FOM,
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
RE: Ok so i' m renting these PS3 games one at a time... - Jun 30, 2008 23:01
Yeah Resistance is a good game... It also has a pretty good co-op part
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Ok so i' m renting these PS3 games one at a time... - Jun 30, 2008 23:21
buy uncharted with metal gear. Warhawk and Unreal are really online only so i wouldnt rent them first, go for the single player games, motorstorm, heavenly sword are a good place to start, I never liked Resistance [or Racket for that matter]
Nitro

RE: Ok so i' m renting these PS3 games one at a time... - Jun 30, 2008 23:49
Resistance blows and should be avoided like the plague, but the rest are worth playing.

Heavenly Sword is weak in terms of gameplay but has great art direction and stellar production values. Uncharted is a must have. Easily the best looking console game this gen. Warhawk and UT3 are online games, so like Silent said, they' re not really rentals. UT3 on PS3 is badass though. Not a patch on the PC version, but still 10x better than most console multiplayer games.

MotorStorm is kickass, but the sequel will be out soon enough and to be honest, you should probably start looking at what games are coming up next month... like Soul Calibur IV for example.
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Ok so i' m renting these PS3 games one at a time... - Jul 01, 2008 04:44
Here is my recomendation..

- Heavenly Sword (Rent it when you have 10 hour spare time, short, but 0 replay. Probably my GOTY last year, together with Uncharted. Only game I' ve replayed more than 3 times, on my PS3.)

- Uncharted (Rent it when you can play for two days)

- Resistance: Fall of Man (Super gameplay, aswell as weapons, Rent it when you can play for 3 days)
- Warhawk (Rent it when you have a week or more to play, it' s awesome, or as soon as possible if you got friends coming over, splitscreen play on the net is awesome..)

Personally I didn' t like any of the ones below.

MotorStorm (It' s either a hit or miss, I were sure I were gonna love it, but it were to hard for me. My brother and his friends likes it tough)

Unreal Tournament 3 (Didn' t like this at all, solid shooter, but no storyline, and I don' t know anyone else who got it)

immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Ok so i' m renting these PS3 games one at a time... - Jul 01, 2008 05:30
So you think Resistance had " Super Gameplay" , but dont like UTIII, and you think Heavenly Sword was GOTY for 07? Your opinions are henceforth invalid.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Ok so i' m renting these PS3 games one at a time... - Jul 01, 2008 14:54
Resistance is to PS3 as Perfect Dark Zero is to Xbox 360?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Ok so i' m renting these PS3 games one at a time... - Jul 01, 2008 14:56
That' s a good analogy. Everyone expected these early titles to be good but they fell flat on their face. I think PDZ is better than Resistance though.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Ok so i' m renting these PS3 games one at a time... - Jul 02, 2008 00:38
SC4 is out next month? I dunno if I will get it, its become of joke of a series... online play i assume?
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Ok so i' m renting these PS3 games one at a time... - Jul 02, 2008 02:13

SC4

SC4? I didnt realize it was so close to release. Then again, I never cared about any except number 1.
KongRudi

RE: Ok so i' m renting these PS3 games one at a time... - Jul 02, 2008 05:41

So you think Resistance had " Super Gameplay" , but dont like UTIII, and you think Heavenly Sword was GOTY for 07? Your opinions are henceforth invalid.

So only bungholes like yourself are allowed to have opinions now? I didn' t see that mentioned in the thread before I started responding. :-/

Resistance had everything I wanted, interesting story, good weapons, fast gameplay, and most important of all, it had me sitting infront of the TV having fun and playing for a long time.
Unreal had nice graphics, it had good gameplay, but there were no story, only different multiplayer maps, with the same modes over and over again stringed together as a tournament.
It quickly killed all my interest in the game, and when I were bored of doing the same all over again for no purpose at all, I stopped playing it, 3 hours into the game.

You do the math, wich game suits me best. :-/

Heavenly Sword is amazing, only MGS4, Uncharted, and Mass Effect are games wich comes close enough to deliver the type of enjoyment I want in my videogames, after it' s own realease. :-/
It got alot of bad press due to length, but almost noone say it' s a bad game.
I had alot of fun with it, and several of my friends aswell.
It' s like a asian Kung-fu flick, only you control the awesome fighting. :)

I' ve bought and given all the titles mentioned a fair attempt, and I gave my impressions of them, aswell as how much time I think he should expect to use with them. :-/
It dosn' t mean I' m right, but it dosn' t mean I' m wrong either.
It' s just my opinion.

Do you have anything worthwile to contribute to the thread, or are you just a person here to judge everyones opinions? :)
< Message edited by kongrudi -- 1 Jul 08 21:45:36 >
Nitro

RE: Ok so i' m renting these PS3 games one at a time... - Jul 02, 2008 06:46

ORIGINAL: KongRudi

Unreal had nice graphics, it had good gameplay, but there were no story, only different multiplayer maps, with the same modes over and over again stringed together as a tournament.

It quickly killed all my interest in the game, and when I were bored of doing the same all over again for no purpose at all, I stopped playing it, 3 hours into the game.

You do the math, wich game suits me best. :-/

If you bought an UNREAL TOURNAMENT game and expected anything other than what you got... you' re a fucking clown. Maybe next time you should spend a couple of minutes just thinking about what it is you' re after and whether X game is likely to deliver it.

ORIGINAL: KongRudi

Heavenly Sword is amazing...

It got alot of bad press due to length, but almost noone say it' s a bad game.
I had alot of fun with it, and several of my friends aswell.
It' s like a asian Kung-fu flick, only you control the awesome fighting. :)

Yeah, but the fighting is the weakest part of the game. It has amazing production values, the voice work, art direction, character design and modelling and level design are all superb... but the combat is dull and unsatisfying. I' m not asking for DMC-esque depth, but if the combat in the God of War games is more solid... you know somthing' s wrong.

Have you stopped to wonder why they' re now not doing the previously planned sequel!?
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Ok so i' m renting these PS3 games one at a time... - Jul 02, 2008 07:51

Did you try the PC version/will you be trying the 360 version?
KongRudi

RE: Ok so i' m renting these PS3 games one at a time... - Jul 02, 2008 09:38

If you bought an UNREAL TOURNAMENT game and expected anything other than what you got... you' re a fucking clown. Maybe next time you should spend a couple of minutes just thinking about what it is you' re after and whether X game is likely to deliver it.

I expected to get a decent shooter, wich I could have fun playing, it looked gcool on gameplay-clips. I ordered it, and received it when it were released a while after. It were a solid shooter, but no fun for me, and I had better

Yeah, but the fighting is the weakest part of the game. It has amazing production values, the voice work, art direction, character design and modelling and level design are all superb... but the combat is dull and unsatisfying. I' m not asking for DMC-esque depth, but if the combat in the God of War games is more solid... you know somthing' s wrong.

Have you stopped to wonder why they' re now not doing the previously planned sequel!?

I don' t think you' ve played this game, did you try the demo?

I really liked the fighting engine there, the counter-attack and 3 differfent stance' s were a refreshing new take on a genre wich only have been open for button-mashing or insane button-combo-combinations previously. :-/

Sure you could also learn those normal button-fight-game combos, similar to NG and DMC, and yes, you had to learn some combos to use on certain bosses.

But I had most fun with building up the superstyle moves, countering (It' s more like how swordfighters fence in reallife, watch what the opponent are doing and react accordingly), and the slow-motion six-axis control with projectiles and bodies, were a blast, didn' t learn sixaxis until I were on the bridge with Kai tough.

I like HS-fight-engine better than GoW, DMC and NG, even tough most others dont.

Why there isn' t a sequel I assume has more to do with the fact that Ninja Theory turned down the opportunity to do it, when Sony asked them to.
HS2 never were announced, and if Cambridge Studio really were starting to produce it, without Ninja Theory.
I think that if that' s the case, it' s because of Sony wants to avoid Home beeing even more delayed, and moved over one of their best teams.
Not that HS2 would not meet it' s sales-expectations. :-/

I' m pretty confident we' ll see more games set in HS universe, sooner or later.

But I' m not expecting anything big new announcements from British studios, until after they' ve put out Home.
I assume that LBP, 2 x Buzz, Wipeout HD, are all OK.
So I guess that Sony put in alot of extra manpower on Home, even tough London studios are pretty big, during the british cancellation-wave rumour.
Just to make sure it dosn' t get delayed anymore.

If I had been in charge, I' d call Cory Barlog and say; that GoW3-game is cancelled, you guys gonna make ' Kai' s story' a episodic downloadable PSN franchise immediately. :-P hehe.. . :-/
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Ok so i' m renting these PS3 games one at a time... - Jul 02, 2008 09:44

I don' t think you' ve played this game, did you try the demo?

Dude, that guy plays all the games

In any case, I agree with him. Heavenly Sword' s combat is shallow. God of War' s is shallow, and HS wasn' t up there. If Heavenly Sword had the depth of Ninja Gaiden (which has the most depth out of all games in that genre) then it would have been a fantastic game, not just a time filler, which it was unfortunately.

Sure you could also learn those normal button-fight-game combos, similar to NG and DMC, and yes, you had to learn some combos to use on certain bosses.

While you definitely can make your way through DMC by button mashing, is obvious you haven' t played Ninja Gaiden if you say the same applies. You would not make it out of the first level in Ninja Gaiden by button mashing. DMC and Heavenly Sword are no different in that regard. You could plow your way through Heavenly Sword just by button mashing (minus Kye' s or however you spell her name levels) But there is a difference in between mashing and playing the game well.
< Message edited by chimura -- 2 Jul 08 1:49:01 >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 35

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread