Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 It' s been a long time since Disney
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
It' s been a long time since Disney - Aug 30, 2005 21:13
Has made a really good cartoon. Not just a good cartoon, but a really good one. Kinda sucks now that I think about it.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: It' s been a long time since Disney - Aug 30, 2005 22:43

ORIGINAL: lotusson

Has made a really good cartoon. Not just a good cartoon, but a really good one. Kinda sucks now that I think about it.

Do you mean WITHOUT Pixar? Because The Incredibles is one of my favorite movies right now. Then there' s Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc., Toy Story 2!

Without Pixar, it' s seems that there have been slim pickens, so to speak. The last REALLY good one was Mulan, I think. I love that movie! Lilo and Stitch was good too. These are older, though, so I see your point.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: It' s been a long time since Disney - Aug 30, 2005 23:10
I concur. Disney used to have the magic, but I haven' t seen anything really good in close to a decade. It is a shame really.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: It' s been a long time since Disney - Aug 31, 2005 06:38

Do you mean WITHOUT Pixar? Because The Incredibles is one of my favorite movies right now. Then there' s Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc., Toy Story 2!

Technically their CGI and not a true cartoon like Lion King or Lilo and Stitch.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: It' s been a long time since Disney - Aug 31, 2005 06:51
Lilo and Stitch was the sh*t. I love that movie. the main reason they are not making anything good is because the company is dying under it' s horrible management. On top of that they are loosing Pixar after the make " Cars" . Pixar is like their only mony maker right now. Disney has alread started their own CG team as you can see from the recent previews for " Valiant" . They don' t really seem to be focusing on regular cartoons anymore. It' s really sad. Walt must be rolling over in his grave right now.
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: It' s been a long time since Disney - Aug 31, 2005 19:29
I was actually surprised when Disney released Atlantis: The Lost Empire. Didn' t it have blood in it from the previews?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: It' s been a long time since Disney - Aug 31, 2005 19:39
Ya Lilo and Stitch is the last good Disney flick I can think of. Their CG department doesnt really have the flavor of Pixar so I could care less about that. They seem be trying to develope and invent new techniques in animation however I would leave that to japan and Anime. For some reason I would prefer a flick done like they used to do it with very minimal CGI. I dont think Lilo and Stitch had any.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 1 Sep 05 3:39:41 >
Eastwood

• Total Posts : 158
RE: It' s been a long time since Disney - Sep 02, 2005 12:01
i still like the old-school disney cartoons. like goofy and donald duck and stuff. is that lame?
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: It' s been a long time since Disney - Sep 02, 2005 12:26
That' s definately not lame. Infact you are hardcore
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: It' s been a long time since Disney - Sep 02, 2005 14:07
hee hee hee, cartoon elitists. Sorry.

I saw a comercial for the 10th anniversary release of Toy Story, I cannot believe it has been 10 years since that movie came out. I totally lost track of time. I think the second " golden age" of disney was in the Little Mermaid- Lion King era. That was the last time I saw anything spectacular from the animation department there. I miss the age of good cartoons.
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: It' s been a long time since Disney - Sep 02, 2005 14:15
the 2 best disney movies EVER are The Sword And The Stone and Sleeping Beauty

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages