Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky E3 demo leaked to interwebs...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky E3 demo leaked to interwebs... - May 25, 2008 04:55
...and i gots it

First video...
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky E3 demo leaked to interwebs... - May 25, 2008 04:59
Is Stalker a good game? It has mixed reviews.
Nitro

RE: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky E3 demo leaked to interwebs... - May 25, 2008 05:04

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

Is Stalker a good game? It has mixed reviews.

So so...

It' s extremely dated.

The original was supposed to come out around the same time as Half Life 2 and i remember thinking it looked fantastic. When it turned up it was a bit meh all round.

It' s not a bad game, there' s some thought gone into it... but it' s not a shooter per say. It' s more Oblivion with guns than anything else. It' s pretty wooden and rough around the edges. Clear Sky looks almost exactly the same, but with nicer lighting. I' m not impressed.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky E3 demo leaked to interwebs... - May 25, 2008 05:49
Thats amazing. The sunshafts are a nice addition, if a little overused. The water noises sound a annoyingly artificial. And I see the enemies are still almost invulnerable to bullets unless you get a headshot!

I loved STALKER, I thought it had attention to detail in all the right places and tonnes of atmosphere. It was far from a casual shooter, and the premise and main character were interesting and not hollywood run of the mill heroics.

I agree it had its faults, but nothing I would hold against GSC. I suppose they did bite off more than they could chew in terms of promising us this real-time world with AI living around you realistically. In reality, although you could explore wide open environments and discover random underground tunnels, the main game was pretty linear.

I would' ve liked to pick up on more random subtle events going on around you whilst exploring, but exploring didn' t really give you any rewards back. Also the environments could have been slightly more varied, I' m sure they have woodland in Chernobyl surely. Getting to the epicentre, the power plant, at the end was pretty cool though.

I also wanted better ability to sneak and stealth kill - like be able to ambush an enemy camp at night with silent weapons like knifes etc, in order to steal a precious artifact they were guarding or something.

STALKER is what I expect Fallout 3 to at least emulate in atmosphere, with the extra budget Bethesda has being spent on subtle branching story elements.

Can you get any screenshots?
< Message edited by choupolo -- 24 May 08 21:56:23 >
Nitro

RE: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky E3 demo leaked to interwebs... - May 25, 2008 06:55

choupolo

RE: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky E3 demo leaked to interwebs... - May 25, 2008 07:11
More than I was expecting, thanks!

Looks slightly nicer than STALKER 1, but I still like the style overall. Whats with all the aliasing btw?
Nitro

RE: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky E3 demo leaked to interwebs... - May 25, 2008 07:25
Dunno. The settings are maxed out, but they don' t seem to make much difference. I think they' re disabled or something. Hopefully they' ll improve the weapon textures too...
choupolo

RE: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky E3 demo leaked to interwebs... - May 25, 2008 08:18
Might be able to force AA and aniso filtering through the gfx card settings. I think we' re gonna have to accept the gun texture though, I' m guessing they wouldn' t change something like that at this point.
Nitro

RE: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky E3 demo leaked to interwebs... - May 25, 2008 23:26
choupolo

RE: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky E3 demo leaked to interwebs... - Jul 04, 2008 21:12
Ressurection!

Just posting a new video thats just come out - I still think this game is worth upgrading for moreso than Crysis. Stylisticly, maybe the overall colour should' ve been less yellow and more cold/rundown - seems apparent when they' re comparing real life shots of Chernobyl in the video. But if theres a good story, the atmosphere will hold its own.

http://www.gamershell.com/download_28554.shtml

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message