Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Watchmen
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Watchmen - Mar 07, 2009 14:42
I went to see this on Thursday night.  I was really impressed; thought it was as close to the comic as you could get.  Obviously there was a lot cut out, but the main story was spot on (some changes, but it stayed very close to the original),

My only complaint was the actor who played Ozymandias was poorly cast.  He looks more like a geek (in line with his intellect) than Moore's hulking genius from the comics.  A minor complaint though and I really enjoyed the film.  What did everyone else think?  Anyone see it who hasn't read the comic?
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Watchmen - Mar 07, 2009 21:10
going to see this on tuesday, looks good!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Watchmen - Mar 07, 2009 22:34
I picked up the graphic novel not too long ago since its supposed to be that good.  I find it overrated.  There were only two parts that are interesting for me, one was when the blue guy was talking about determinism, second The Comedian.  The rest of the characters are a bunch of self righteous simpletons.  Including the so called smartest man in the world.  I got the impression that the author's sense of the world is really small and devoid of any depth.

That being said I still want to see the movie.  The characters are such pessimists, I like that.

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Watchmen - Mar 08, 2009 04:39
I refuse to watch this movie. It's unfaithful to the source material. In the comics, the blue guy looked uncircumcised to me. I hear this is not so.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Watchmen - Mar 08, 2009 21:08
I saw it last night and I pretty much hated it. The only character I did like got fucking hacked into bits.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Watchmen - Mar 09, 2009 10:59
mastachefbkw

I saw it last night and I pretty much hated it. The only character I did like got fucking hacked into bits.

thats why you liked him?
_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
Re:Watchmen - Mar 09, 2009 12:58
Watched it it the weekend at the IMAX in Manchester and thought it was ok. I never read the graphic novel so it took me about 45 minutes to get an idea of what was going on. It's pretty inaccessible unless you're familiar with the source material, but that being said, i really liked the fact that it doesn't submit to any real genre conventions. The sex scene took me by surprise too. I wasn't expecting it.

mastachefbkw

Re:Watchmen - Mar 09, 2009 20:43

thats why you liked him?
No, he was the only character I liked, but he was eventually hacked into bits.
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
Re:Watchmen - Mar 09, 2009 21:15
Personally I thought it was quite good and stayed with the source material.  My biggest problem was it was misadvertised and so I had to deal with assholes behind me being well assholes.  I personally the ending change and would have prefered it in the comic as well.  Like Iad said the actor that played Ozymandiaz was a poor choice.  I was a little bit upset with the way the fighting scenes were done as the stylized stop motion made it look like they were all super strong and fast, which gave the wrong impression imo.  In short it came out as well as it could have imo and was far truer to the comic then I thought it would be.
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:Watchmen - Mar 10, 2009 00:13
Torr

Personally I thought it was quite good and stayed with the source material.  My biggest problem was it was misadvertised and so I had to deal with assholes behind me being well assholes.  I personally the ending change and would have prefered it in the comic as well.  Like Iad said the actor that played Ozymandiaz was a poor choice.  I was a little bit upset with the way the fighting scenes were done as the stylized stop motion made it look like they were all super strong and fast, which gave the wrong impression imo.  In short it came out as well as it could have imo and was far truer to the comic then I thought it would be.

Thank god Snyder got hold of it...the things studios were planning on doing to that story...uhg...
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Watchmen - Mar 10, 2009 01:22
You're all dodging the critical subject. Is the blue guy circumcised or not?!
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:Watchmen - Mar 10, 2009 01:53
Eddie_the_Hated

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2009/02/outrage_watchmen_movies_dr_man.aspx
mastachefbkw

Re:Watchmen - Mar 10, 2009 22:53

It's like watching a horse race...and even worse...

Spoilers

He gets cloned
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
Re:Watchmen - Mar 11, 2009 21:23
I have to say, right after Dr Manhatten was boning Silk Spectre, and she gets up going mental because he's split his consciousness over 3 bodies, he is very flacid.  How can you be flacid after 3 seconds of being inside that?  Totally ruined the suspension of disbelief the film had built up.

the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
Re:Watchmen - Mar 30, 2009 18:08
Saw this film last week.

The opening monologue and scenes opened up the theme for the movie.
I think there were a lot of things i did not expect  such as the unexpected sex scenes as well as the naked Dr. M.
However, the movie was closely to that of its original graphic novel but was Zack Snyder added a couple edits himself which was not necessary.
Also at the end where Night OWl screamed ...NOooooooo!!!! and did nothing was plain stupid.

It was just okay. Better than all the other crap showing.

7 out of 10.
kukuruza

• Total Posts : 11
Re:Watchmen - Sep 13, 2009 18:46
Film good, only it have stretched very much.
<message edited by kukuruza on Sep 18, 2009 16:50>

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message