Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 anyone playin Psi Ops?
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
anyone playin Psi Ops? - Jun 29, 2004 20:24
didnt see a thread about it, but wanted to see what ya' ll thought about Psi Ops? ive read some pretty solid reviews, but don' t have it yet....anyone been playin?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: anyone playin Psi Ops? - Jun 29, 2004 20:33
I highly recommend this game. It is very fun innovative and will keep you entertained for a while. I found replay value in just using the poweres. Also this game is packed full of unlockables (15+characters, 10 mini-games, music video..etc) The graphics are solid and the levels are very creative in design. There isnt a big weapon count but youll find yourself using psi abilities once you get them (which happens early in the game). One last thing is it has a stealth aspect as well (similar to hitman where you didnt really have to use it but its there).

sorry for the cluttered paragraph. Basically the reviews are right, this game is definatly somin to pick up.
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: anyone playin Psi Ops? - Jun 29, 2004 20:44
Yep, I rented this game and have been playing the hell out of it. It is so much fun using the psi powers. The title made me think this would be another generic game, especially coming from midway, but it will surprise people who don' t know much about it.

There is nothing cooler than knocking out soldiers with a huge bell that you are moving with your mind. The controls are so easy to use that you can run, gun, and control objects around the room all at the same time.

If you don' t know much about this game, do yourself a favor and check it out
Xtreme

RE: anyone playin Psi Ops? - Jun 29, 2004 21:07
yeah I got a chance to play the demo and had a great time with the training room...esp since you had all (or at least most of) the Psi powers unlike in the game where you have to relearn them or whatever. the instant fire is tight, as are the other Psi powers.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: anyone playin Psi Ops? - Jun 30, 2004 04:34
This is a game I would definatly like to pick up eventually.
I did not know that it had all those extra features built into it

Mass_X - is the music video of just Cold - with my mind or are there more (I love the Cold song)

I always wished to have some for of psychic powers.......if only....mwuahaha.....oh sorry haha
Mass X

RE: anyone playin Psi Ops? - Jun 30, 2004 05:04
I think its just that music video. Cuz theres the Special features menu and the Extra content menu. The music vid is in the special features which doesnt update as you advance in the game like the Extras does.

Heres a complete list of features and unlockables:
-35 unlockable characters (every character within the game + a few variations and even Scorpion from Mortal Kombat)
-13 unlockable mini-games
-Music video by Cold
-Secrets of Psi-ops featurette
-Trailers for The suffering,Area 51, and MK Deception
-Additional modes:Arcade Mode,Dark mode,Survival mode,Coop Mode(one controls Psi other controls the person)
-Several cheats obtainable: All Powers, Bulletproof, Super Psi, Unlimited Ammo, and No head
-Mission Select
-Training Missions
-Boss Fight
-FMVs
-Concept art videos.

Thats all of them as far as I know, Ihavent tried the new modes yet so there could be more after beating that.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 6/30/2004 5:04:23 AM >
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: anyone playin Psi Ops? - Jun 30, 2004 11:37
Sounds weird to me to have unlockable characters in this kind of a game
Makes it sound kinda like a fighter rather than like an action game
Xtreme

RE: anyone playin Psi Ops? - Jun 30, 2004 13:00
Yeah that is pretty weird for this type of game, but this game already seems to be seperating itself from other games for so many reasons, might as well tack one more on. I' m going to try to rrent it this weekend....or do you recommend flat out buying it?
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: anyone playin Psi Ops? - Jul 01, 2004 00:31
It' s definately strange for this type of game, but it still ends up working out. The best part about choosing different skins is that when playing thru the game again it automatically skips the movies and the spots where you would normally be transferred to the training room.

Mass X

RE: anyone playin Psi Ops? - Jul 01, 2004 01:12
Well most of Midway' s games seem to have a vast amount of playable characters, or in NBA Baller' s case full customization. NBA jam even had presidents. Im not a big Midway fan but I often enjoy the large amount of extras.
Xtreme

RE: anyone playin Psi Ops? - Jul 01, 2004 16:09
thats definitely an interesting perk for any game, but as you said, you usually see it sports games and fighter games....not adventure. anyway....any advice as to buy or rent?
Mass X

RE: anyone playin Psi Ops? - Jul 01, 2004 16:21
I say buy. Yer not risking nething in doing so, you get a unique twist on a older genre, and the replay is there with addtional modes and extras.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: anyone playin Psi Ops? - Jul 01, 2004 16:23
I better tell that to my friend. He was upset that he beat it in 4 hours, however truthful that is, lol. I don' t think he knew about all of the unlockables, or he might be just like me and unless it' s something really cool not care too much.
Xtreme

RE: anyone playin Psi Ops? - Jul 20, 2004 17:27
i knew i could find this thread if i looked hard enough. anyway...i got it....and have def been enjoying. my ques....how do you guys like the MP? not sure how i feel about it....interesting idea, dont remember seeing many other MP modes like this.....
Mass X

RE: anyone playin Psi Ops? - Jul 21, 2004 01:06
It seemed more like a novelty thing then nethign else. Then again I never tried it.
Xtreme

RE: anyone playin Psi Ops? - Jul 21, 2004 19:02
never tried it?? so how do you kno its novelty...?? lol! i kinda hear what you' re saying tho. i like any game that tries to stray from the norm a little bit...always fun to see that..

Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: anyone playin Psi Ops? - Jul 21, 2004 20:30
I added this to my rental queue and it should be arriving tomorrow in the mail. Now I have to try and tear myself away from Deus Ex, so I can play it.
Xtreme

RE: anyone playin Psi Ops? - Jul 22, 2004 20:40
do you have gamefly?? ive been meaning to sign up for that...sounds pretty sweet. psi ops is def different, but cool different....so gamefly is probably the right route to take as u can keep it for a while...
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: anyone playin Psi Ops? - Jul 27, 2004 03:55
Sorry I took so long to respond xtreme --- I haven' t use Gamefly, I was using GPlay, but cancelled recently because of poor service and it took too long to receive the games (sometimes over 7 days). I recently joined Gamerang, receive my games within 2 days, service is good, and the disks I' ve received are practically scratch free.

I definitely like PSI Ops. Good graphics and love the TK factor. Fun game all around!

I did rent Riddick too, but sent it back -- couldn' t stand the darkness all the time --- found it boring -- just my opinion.
Xtreme

RE: anyone playin Psi Ops? - Jul 28, 2004 14:07
yeah im taking a try with gamefly, so we' ll see about that. i love the TK in psi ops, dropping someone down a huge hole or shaft of some sort is hilarious....just awesome fun!

i agree about riddick...def a bit dark, esp when in that stealth mode....but overall the game was fun, save a bit of linearity...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll