Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Crysis WTF
Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 71
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Crysis WTF - Apr 10, 2008 03:42
As some of you may know, im playing through Crysis at the moment!

I thought it would be a generic shooter, boring and all..

But no, its beautiful, the mechanics are near perfect and the suit gives soo many ways to approach any situation.

To everyone whos labelled this as just another shooter, look again its definetly the best shooter out on the market at the moment!

F.ucking amazing game!

argghhhhhhhhhhhhh

Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 10, 2008 03:52
That' s why I said this was the second best game of last year, only behind Mass Effect. Even Mass Effect only scraped by it imo. I love Crysis. Absolutely great game.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 10, 2008 04:21
I am not doubting that it is a great game and all as I have not played through it, but would you be saying the same things about the game if it were out on PS3 or 360?

Rampage99

RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 10, 2008 04:22
Does it matter? I' m a console gamer and this shit all over most of what the consoles brought to the table last year.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 10, 2008 04:34

ORIGINAL: canadagamer

I am not doubting that it is a great game and all as I have not played through it, but would you be saying the same things about the game if it were out on PS3 or 360?

What do you mean?

There' s no FPS on 360 (forget PS3) that is as well rounded and impressive as Crysis.#

The best FPS on consoles is CoD4, and that' s available on PC in a superior form. The best FPS on PC however is Crysis. It' s really that simple.

Has anybody noticed that the people here who have showered Crysis with the praise it well deserves happen to be the only ones with powerful enough rigs to run it in it' s full glory?
Rampage99

RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 10, 2008 04:42
that' s because everyone else is worried about their computer not handling it.
Vx Chemical

RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 10, 2008 05:01
Can you map the suit functions to keys? thats my only concerne really. Id like to be able to cloak, select strength and pummel a korean to death without him knowing what hit him.
Rampage99

RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 10, 2008 05:04
I dunno. I never customize my key layouts. Always use the default.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 10, 2008 06:46

As some of you may know, im playing through Crysis at the moment!

I thought it would be a generic shooter, boring and all..

But no, its beautiful, the mechanics are near perfect and the suit gives soo many ways to approach any situation.

To everyone whos labelled this as just another shooter, look again its definetly the best shooter out on the market at the moment!

F.ucking amazing game!

argghhhhhhhhhhhhh

You finally have the game /played it then

Now you realise why I haven' t been atall excited or bothered about Console FPS' s :) (and your Rigs even better than mine, so your playing it slightly smoother).
< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 9 Apr 08 22:51:21 >
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 10, 2008 06:58

Does it matter? I' m a console gamer and this shit all over most of what the consoles brought to the table last year.

That' s all I wanted to know, thanks Rampage.

Guess I am going to have to see off one of the kids to help pay for a rig that can play this game.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 10, 2008 07:03
I want to play it but if I buy it I don' t know if my PC will even run it.
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 10, 2008 07:58
Guys you can scale down the graphics (It will still look good). Its not like you run it all or nothing. I heard that almost any 3years old PC can run it good. Welcome to PC gaming!

Can you map the suit functions to keys?

Why map them? Press and hold middle mouse and select which mode that you want. Works flawlessly.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 10, 2008 08:17
I can run it no problem. I didn' t like it, but I only played the demo.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 10, 2008 09:28

Now you realise why I haven' t been atall excited or bothered about Console FPS' s :)

One good game doesn' t mean others should be ignored. By that logic I shouldn' t have cared about CoD4 or Halo after I played Bioshock since I thought, and still think it is a better game(single player).
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 10, 2008 10:04

ORIGINAL: locopuyo

I can run it no problem. I didn' t like it, but I only played the demo.

I' d highly recommend giving the full game a try. I played the demo first and thought it was too much like Far Cry. But once I got past that stage in the full game I was very impressed.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 10, 2008 10:13
Maybe I' ll give it a shot. I thought the idea behind the gameplay was good, but from the demo it seemed poorly executed.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 10, 2008 12:28

That' s like saying would Halo 3 be good on a PS2? The game simply isn' t possible on a lesser platform.

The thing with Crysis is that higher graphics are not superficial. In every game up to Crysis higher settings mean less compressed textures, better effects blah blah blah. In Crysis " Very High" setting means that you forget you' re playing a videogame. I' m not even sure it' s appropriate to call Crysis a videogame, that' s how impressive it is. The definition of " videogame" needs to be updated to accommodate the game.

It' s so fun that I' m surprised it' s not illegal.
< Message edited by agent ghost -- 10 Apr 08 4:48:13 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 10, 2008 15:26

Why map them? Press and hold middle mouse and select which mode that you want. Works flawlessly.

Its too slow, a singular key stroke is much fast.

Suitshort cuts helps a bit, but double tapping keys is annoying.

Now you realise why I haven' t been atall excited or bothered about Console FPS' s :)

Not really no!

One good thing doesnt limit or hinder my enjoyment with others.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 10, 2008 16:07
I was playing last night, i took out a technical with a rifle grenade and 2 guys that were standing in close proximity but on opposite ends of a shipment container (and so couldn' t see each other) started to run away from the blast and ended up running right into each other, knocking themselves on their asses. One of the funniest things i' ve seen in a videogame.
Vx Chemical

RE: Crysis WTF - Apr 10, 2008 16:16

I was playing last night, i took out a technical with a rifle grenade and 2 guys that were standing in close proximity but on opposite ends of a shipment container (and so couldn' t see each other) started to run away from the blast and ended up running right into each other, knocking themselves on their asses. One of the funniest things i' ve seen in a videogame.

lol!

Just a thought, how do i fire grenades from my rifle
Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 71

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message