Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Custom 360 Hard Drive
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Custom 360 Hard Drive - Dec 05, 2007 05:14
I haven' t been playing much in the way of games lately. Winter' s usually the time when I get some of my better inspiration for modding, however up until this winter I had nowhere to actually do any of my work. It' s too cold to paint outside, and I really dislike working with power-tools in the frigid cold.

I' ve managed to convince the owner of a heated auto shop to let me use one of their bays in the off hours, so I' ve now got an outlet for my creativity over the winter!

This particular piece is the enclosure of a 360 hard drive, for Torr. This is going to be the finishing touch on his box. It' s just been sitting in my house for quite a while, waiting to be painted.

That' s what this beast looked like before painting. I had to work through 2 layers of older paint to get down to smooth primable plastic. Some of you might have noticed that this is actually the HDD lid from my old modded 360, the black & yellow one.

I wetsanted, primed, threw on 2 layers of flat black, and a dusting coat of candy apple red. My original plan was to surface mount the window I cut, but that fell through when I realized that I didn' t have the patience to file that tiny piece of plexiglas for hours on end.[:' (]

The final effect is black & red speckled if you can' t see it. The macro settings on my camera suck.

Ignore all those smudges on the plexi, that' s all getting cleaned up & rubbed out.

My plan is to back light it with some red LEDs, but that requires a trip up to Radio Shack, so that' s probably not going to happen this week. I' ll keep this updated as the project progresses.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 4 Dec 07 21:15:02 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message