Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 R.I.P Solid Snake.....
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 52
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Dec 12, 2005 03:55
.... having just seen IGN' s rather good high quality Metal Gear 4 trailer ( http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/714/714044/vids_1.aspx )

...i' ve got this unpleasant feeling that this could be the story of snakes demise...

..he' s old now, and possibly suffering from lung cancer.....

..also: Mr Kojima (that' s Sir, to you) has stated on numerous occasions his reluctance to continue the series....

...what better way could he achieve this than to kill off everyone' s favourite cardboard box lover?...

... or am i just being pessimistic?....
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 12 Dec 05 11:56:07 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Dec 12, 2005 05:57
If Hideo Kojima doesnt want to make more Snake games he shouldnt, he should atleast take a break from it or the series will begin to suffer. Iv only played twin snakes, and half of MGS2 on the xbox, and i like the games, too bad they are playstation titles, but im more of a Splinter Cell person. Be sad if Snake Died, better to have him in a retirement home :P
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Dec 12, 2005 06:28
I think SNAKE is MGS , and I' d hate to see him go , but in MGS4 he' s old ...he' s not that kind of snake anymore.

I' m sure that every next MGS title will rock - I just think that Snake is sooooooo cool
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 12 Dec 05 18:51:06 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Dec 12, 2005 07:33
Snake already has a replacement waiting in the wings! LONG LIVE RAIDEN!
Gaius IV

• Total Posts : 139
RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Dec 12, 2005 11:13
Raiden is cool! leave him alone!!! But man if snake dies, he will become a legend. We will all remember the good ol days when solid snake was the hero, he will remembered as the legendary symbol of the playstation generation and in many years to come when kids will be playing as raiden, they will always know the name ' SOLID SNAKE' the LEGEND.
< Message edited by Gaius IV -- 12 Dec 05 19:16:02 >
Ganafan

• Total Posts : 19
RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Dec 12, 2005 13:49
In an interview on tv, Kojima said that if he stopped managing the series himself, he would leave it to other managers to continue the series.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Dec 12, 2005 18:18

Raiden is cool! leave him alone!!!

Hey I happen to like Raiden! In fact I' ve pretty much always been one of his few supporters
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Dec 12, 2005 18:48
Raiden' s a b*tch. Snake had better not die.
Bishonen

RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Dec 13, 2005 05:32
....looking at the evidence it seems highly likely that snake will die in Guns of the Patriots....

...still, it doesn' t stop Mr Kojima (or who ever) from making games set in snake' s past, like he did with MG3 *STILL VERY VERY ANGRY THAT I HAVE NOT PLAYED THIS GAME*
..... WHERE' S THE FREAKIN' MG3 SUBSTANCE FOR XBOX, DAMMIT?!!!!

...as for Snake' s replacement... ....surely that should be Mei Ling...
Gaius IV

RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Dec 13, 2005 05:37
Yeah man! I wanna see this game on xbox so I can play it on my xbox360...when I eventually get one.
Rampage99

RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Dec 13, 2005 07:26
It' s definately not coming to the 360. Kanomi is starting a new franchise for the 360 while the MGS series will be an exclusive for the PS3 from here on out.
Gaius IV

RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Dec 13, 2005 09:27
hmmmm, a new franchise by kojima for the 360 huh? sounds good to me. A policenauts remake? Man! that' ll be cool! But I have to say Kojima is the man, I' m happy he' s developing for the 360!
Rampage99

RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Dec 13, 2005 09:36
Konami, not Kojima. the company is making a new franchise but that doesn' t mean Kojima is heading it.
Gaius IV

RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Dec 14, 2005 04:06
ahhh seen. okay now I' m not that excited!
Bishonen

RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Dec 16, 2005 08:11
.... bad news for you Raiden haters:

Raiden is back, appearing in official artwork holding a baby. Fans have hated the longhaired blond soldier ever since he infamously replaced Solid Snake as the hero in MGS2. He' s been the butt of many jokes (many from Kojima himself in MGS3), but now Kojima says, " After you finish MGS4, you' re going to like Raiden very much." (5) [source 1up.com]

... if snake does die, maybe Raiden WILL hook up with Otacon in Philanthropy, replacing Snake?.....

... apparently Meryl, Vamp and Ocelot will also be returning....
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Dec 16, 2005 09:06
I think he said, something about the serie is about genes,cant remember what he said,but i think metal gear solid was about getting and sharing the genes,meaning he got it from his dad(big boss) and his twin,while metal gear solid 3 was about passing on genes,you see his mom,and her giving her life.
Would not suprice me if mgs4 is about snakes death...
Bishonen

RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Feb 04, 2006 03:10
....y' know...

...i kinda have a feeling that the baby Raiden is pictured with is actually the son of Snake and Meryrl....

...Snakes death and the rescue/adoption of his son by Raiden and his girl-friend would make a convenient final curtain to this last part in the trilogy... ...and would also make people more appreciative of him?....

...hmmm... ...perhaps they plan to reveal that Raiden is some sort of genetic relation to Snake too??...

... i think Quez is right, and that Guns will feature the death of ' our' snake and the birth/introduction of a new snake....
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Feb 04, 2006 04:33
Well Liquid and Solid will be involved in MGS4, as well as their genetic father Big Boss (probably).

The baby is either Olga' s, or Raidens (his girlfriend announced she was pregnant towards the end on MGS2). It will definately not be Solid Snakes, and Raiden certainly has no genetic relationship with Snake or Les Enfant Terribles.

MGS4 also isn' t the last Metal Gear game, and even if it was (which it isn' t, it' s Kojimas last Metal Gear) it wouldn' t be a troligy since MGS1 wasn' t the first Metal Gear!

Solid Snake may die, but i doubt it. He' s not old, he' s suffering from cellular degration (like Solidus Snake from MGS2 who was the youngest of the 3 Snakes). Solid Snake is way too popular to kill off, although Kojima might throw that spanner in the works since it' s his last Metal Gear game.

The next Metal Gear (after MGS4) will be directed by the same guy who directed ZOE: The 2nd Runner and is co-directing MGS4.

Raiden' s a stupid punk!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Feb 04, 2006 04:58
Every Metal Gear after MGS 1 was his " last" so you never know with this guy.His fame is MGS , everything he has ever done beside MGS is half the quality of snakes adventures.

Snake may die or may live for a long time - BIG BOSS was dead but hey yuo played entire MGS3 with him.

That topic is as smart as the one about kojima' s quotes on " GAMES as ART" and their connections to MGS series.(that means it' s stupid)
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: R.I.P Solid Snake..... - Feb 04, 2006 05:03
No, Snake Eater is set before Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (in which you killed Big Boss).

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 52

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message