Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Huxley
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Huxley - Aug 11, 2007 04:57
Is this game still coming out next year?

The last bit of news I can remember coming out for this game was all the way back in February.

Just wanted to know if anyone else had any other news on this game, or if I am the only person excited for it.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Huxley - Aug 11, 2007 05:17
I dont know whta happend to it.
But mayby it was getting a 2008 release date,so mayby the hype/news aboút it after the waves of triple A titles has gone away from this year.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 10 Aug 07 21:20:47 >
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Huxley - Aug 11, 2007 05:44
http://www.webzengames.com/

I check the site for news almost everyday.
canadagamer

RE: Huxley - Aug 11, 2007 05:50
Still says release for within 2007 which we know to be wrong. Anyway, I wonder when they will update the site with any new news on this game.

Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Huxley - Aug 11, 2007 07:52
Totally forgot about this game.

Other games that has me waiting for a situation update are

Code Chronus
Eydentify (prob cancelled)
Shenmue III (though there was a recent update for the worse)
Agent Ghost

RE: Huxley - Aug 11, 2007 07:59
I' m guessing early 2009.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Huxley - Aug 11, 2007 10:22
99% of the time you can tell when a game is going to suck just by its name.

If the developers are so pathetically unimaginative that the best they could come up with for a game title is " Huxley" , then what do you expect of the game itself?

I' m calling it now, huxley = garbage.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Huxley - Aug 11, 2007 10:58
It reminds me of Truxton. WHERE MY TRUXTON DAWGS AT?!?!?!1
Agent Ghost

RE: Huxley - Aug 11, 2007 11:17
The game Huxley is inspired by the " Brave New World" written by Aldous Huxley, hence the name.

http://www.hedweb.com/huxley/bnw/

More links about the game.

http://www.webzengames.com/E3/Exhibitor/huxley.asp

http://www.huxleygame.com/

I just learned they' re doing a closed beta in September and an open beta soon after.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 11 Aug 07 3:19:24 >
DontPeeOnBilly

• Total Posts : 216
RE: Huxley - Aug 11, 2007 15:44
Once again, I' m certainly not rooting against it, but until it can prove persistence I don' t think there is much to cry home about. We already had Planetside, what we need is Planetside that matters.
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Huxley - Aug 12, 2007 18:18
It' s an ambitious game, so it may not even see a release next year. I certainly hope it' s worth the wait.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Huxley - Aug 12, 2007 22:12

I just learned they' re doing a closed beta in September and an open beta soon after.

Were they specific as to platform? (Crosses fingers for a 360 beta)
Agent Ghost

RE: Huxley - Aug 13, 2007 10:41
" Were they specific as to platform? (Crosses fingers for a 360 beta)"

It' s probably the PC version as it' s coming out before the 360 version. It could be both but I would be surprised it it was only for the 360 version. I didn' t find anything saying one way or the other though.
canadagamer

RE: Huxley - Aug 13, 2007 23:17
Thanks a lot for the info Agent!!!!!

So, it is pretty safe to say that the PC version will be out a long time before the 360 version then. My guess would be a late summer early fall 2008 release for this game.
canadagamer

RE: Huxley - Aug 23, 2007 03:01
LINK

Awesome!!! Beta tests start on Sept 13 for the PC!!!!!

Still no word though on the 360 version, if we will get a closed beta in the near future. Anyways, this is great news.
Agent Ghost

RE: Huxley - Aug 23, 2007 05:58
" August 22, 2007. Global online entertainment company WEBZEN Inc. (www.webzen.com) announced today the dates of the much-anticipated first closed beta test for Huxley, the next-generation MMOFPS. The closed beta test will start on September 13.

One of the year´s most anticipated titles, Huxley is the cutting-edge, next-generation MMOFPS, fusing traditional FPS with the quest and character growth system of the MMORPG. Being developed as a truly global game title for Webzen, Huxley has already been creating a sensation in the markets in Europe and North America with rave reviews and a 35 million deal with a Chinese publisher.

After 999 lucky beta testers are selected from the official Huxley website beginning on August 28, the closed beta test will take place from September 13 for five days. For the first time ever, testers will get a chance to experience the city where the characters live and breath. They will also be treated to a variety of play modes such as team death match and radar domination, as well as the core systems, including the quest, not seen before in standard FPS games.

" With Huxley´s many innovative elements, gamers are in for a totally different experience," said Nam-Ju Kim, chief executive officer of Webzen, Inc. " Huxley is sure to challenge the existing genres with a new look and feel in multiple platforms. We´re extremely confident that this title will set a new standard in MMOFPS."

Meanwhile, Webzen has been conducting various testing and external network tests with a focus group since June to better gauge gamer preferences and evaluate the game´s stability. The first closed beta test is a part of a planned series of user tests."

Don' t forget to sign up on the 28th.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message